It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 14:52

Text Size

Commerical TCG Videogame

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Commerical TCG Videogame

Postby mtgrares » 08 May 2012, 17:42

There are many TCGs running around and I might to try create a PC/Mac videogame version with an AI for one of them. First, I would get the company's blessing and then sell the game for $20. (If I didn't get the company's blessing, I would try a different TCG company.)

I'm thinking about trying to do that with The Spoils which is very similar to Magic and any Magic player could easily play it. Combat damage is locked in like the previous Magic combat rules. My idea is to get 2 starter decks running, show that to the company and see if they want me to do a whole set of cards. I've had idea for more than 6 months but I haven't written any code. I do have two starter decks and card pictures but that is all. (Sometimes I can be very lazy. :mrgreen: )

Eventually it would be great if the company wanted to make their version of Magic Online. I think it would be cool if each player had access to all of the cards for a low monthly price instead of forcing people to buy booster packs and singles. Free online drafting would be awesome as well. I have this crazy idea that each week the online tournament winner would be able to ban 1 to 3 cards for the next week. The banning would change the metagame and keep people interested in the format.

The world needs more TCG videogames. Forge was the best that I could do at that time but I can do better now. The user interface and the AI need to be better than Forge in order to sell it. Magarena's user interface and AI are both top notch and really inspire me.

p.s.
Another small TCG that I found is based on the Wizard of Oz. It doesn't look as interesting as the Spoils but at least it is a TCG.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to General Discussion