It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:39

Text Size

BotArena Bugs

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena Bugs

Postby FranAvalon » 08 Nov 2012, 15:41

Emfatic wrote:Thanks. I understand completely and wish I could be of more help to you. If there's something specific I can do, please pm me. I love BotArena and appreciate all that you're doing. =D>
Thx. We need a lot of testing, because some bugs are found easily, but some others are hard to detect because the bug is due a combination of two or more cards/effects. But most important thing that we are looking now is for persons to work on the project as coders.
IMHO, we have a high number of supported cards and we must try to reduce the number of bugs on the app. Also the user interface and deckbuilder would be improved too.
If you have some coding knowledge maybe you want try to work on BA's code.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 09 Nov 2012, 09:53

For example, I implemented a high amount of cards in last two or three releases, but now I am engulfed by my own job and won't probably be able to help until Gatecrash previews start :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Emfatic » 09 Nov 2012, 21:21

I'm attaching the gamelog of a game that crashed with the following error message: The instruction at 0x76f679dd referenced memory at 0x0e24e1a8. The memory could not be written.
Attachments
GameLog123.txt
(27.55 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Emfatic

Postby NoFrets » 10 Nov 2012, 20:51

In the last week I played a few matches of RTR sealed, two bugs I encountered more than once: Gatecreeper Vine lets you choose between any land, not only basic and gates, while Axebane Guardian doesn't work correctly, sometimes the ability can't be activated, when it can, it lets me choose between 0 (?) and 1 of only one color (W).
NoFrets

Postby FranAvalon » 10 Nov 2012, 21:06

NoFrets wrote:In the last week I played a few matches of RTR sealed, two bugs I encountered more than once: Gatecreeper Vine lets you choose between any land, not only basic and gates, while Axebane Guardian doesn't work correctly, sometimes the ability can't be activated, when it can, it lets me choose between 0 (?) and 1 of only one color (W).
I've fixed Gatecreeper Vine a couple of days ago
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby NoFrets » 11 Nov 2012, 16:19

Oh, great.
Another RTR bug, for Desecration Demon: the opponent doesn't sacrifice anything, but the demon gets tapped anyway and gets a +1/+1 counter. Log attached (can you replay the match with a log?)
Attachments
GameLog43.txt
Desecration Demon bug
(27.81 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
NoFrets

Postby FranAvalon » 11 Nov 2012, 16:27

NoFrets wrote:Oh, great.
Another RTR bug, for Desecration Demon: the opponent doesn't sacrifice anything, but the demon gets tapped anyway and gets a +1/+1 counter. Log attached (can you replay the match with a log?)
Known bug but not fixed yet. We tried it a few time ago unsuccessfully, so for now remains unfixed #-o
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby NoFrets » 12 Nov 2012, 10:46

Hmm, I just tried an ISD block sealed and (I tried to search for this in the forums but could'n find anything) there's a problem with the transform cards, some cards I open are already in the transformed side (say, Rampaging Werewolf instead of Tormented Pariah) which seems to have some unfortunate side effects.

They can be cast for free, sometimes they transform back the first next upkeep (with no spell cast since it's the first turn), sometimes they don't, and the game crashed a couple of times very early, could be some other thing, but it's suspicious, it never crashed before like that.
NoFrets

Postby FranAvalon » 12 Nov 2012, 15:36

NoFrets wrote:Hmm, I just tried an ISD block sealed and (I tried to search for this in the forums but could'n find anything) there's a problem with the transform cards, some cards I open are already in the transformed side (say, Rampaging Werewolf instead of Tormented Pariah) which seems to have some unfortunate side effects.

They can be cast for free, sometimes they transform back the first next upkeep (with no spell cast since it's the first turn), sometimes they don't, and the game crashed a couple of times very early, could be some other thing, but it's suspicious, it never crashed before like that.
This is a know bug as well. Double faced cards appear twice on deckbuilder, one the regular card and the flipped side. The problem is that the engine to generate the sealed take the cards from the deckbuilder, so it adds the flip side. As flipped card has casting cost of 0, it can be casted freely. Game crashes would be related to as you cas the flipped card, it doesn't has a real relation with the other part of the card, IMO, but I can be wrong.
Probably it can be fixed using a filter, but as nobody uses the sealed feature with ISD, or at least nobody reported it before, so we left it as you can see, because it has as bug a very low level. Maybe someday.. #-o
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby FranAvalon » 15 Nov 2012, 18:16

IMPORTANT!!!
Don't post your bugs here anymore

Please report your bugs on "...... bugs" forum.
If a bug affects only a card, that would be reported as a Card bug. However, if you found a bug which affects a "family" of cards, this bug would be reported as Engine Bug. Other bugs or issues must be posted on its corresponding board.
Here are the links for that boards:

Card Bugs
Engine Bugs
User interface and AI Issues

FranAvalon
Programmer

Previous

Return to BotArena and DeckBot