It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:21

Text Size

BotArena Bugs

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

BotArena Bugs

Postby FranAvalon » 31 Jan 2011, 07:14

Please, post in this thread all bugs that you found.

Thanks in advance :)
FranAvalon
Programmer

Re: BotArena Bugs

Postby Clefaria » 09 Feb 2011, 05:24

Just had my Summoning Trap discarded by Inquisition of Kozilek. That's not exactly allowed.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Clefaria » 09 Feb 2011, 06:32

Spreading Seas doesn't seem to 'transform' lands properly. It does make it so that you can only tap the land for U, but I just discovered a Seas-ed Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle can still trigger as if it wasn't enchanted.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Marek14 » 09 Feb 2011, 08:45

Yes, that is a known bug. Prismatic Scapeshift decks have the opposite problem :) Sometimes, Valakuts dropped after Prismatic Omen lose their triggers...
Marek14
Tester

Postby FranAvalon » 10 Feb 2011, 13:47

Clefaria wrote:Just had my Summoning Trap discarded by Inquisition of Kozilek. That's not exactly allowed.
That would be fixed on next releae. thx for reporting.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby xanbie » 02 Mar 2011, 05:20

First I would like to say I just found out about this MTG with AI program a week ago and its the most complete of them all. Card wise to me it has 95%+ of the real cards I use in my old decks I have.

Ok strait to the bugs or @ least I think they are bugs v1.25.1

1. Flashback on Chatter of the Squirrel only seems to work as a Sorcery even but ruling on flashback says play from graveyard.
2. Oran-Rief, the Vastwood seems to put +1/+1 counters on both last turn and current turn dudes but should only be current turn.

Also this is the funniest thing the AI did when it was using my Tim Squirrel deck. I was playing another deck and it was down to about 4 life and was about to lose in a few turns it had 2 Seeker of Skybreak out and when I was trying to cast a spell it just I-looped the 2 elfs to each other and never let my spell out. I'm sure there are 10000000000000000's of I-loops in magic that was just one.

I will add more to the other topics about dumb/smart AI
xanbie

Postby Clefaria » 02 Mar 2011, 05:27

xanbie wrote:First I would like to say I just found out about this MTG with AI program a week ago and its the most complete of them all. Card wise to me it has 95%+ of the real cards I use in my old decks I have.

Ok strait to the bugs or @ least I think they are bugs v1.25.1

1. Flashback on Chatter of the Squirrel only seems to work as a Sorcery even but ruling on flashback says play from graveyard.
Flashback makes you able to cast it from the graveyard. It does not change the timing rules for the spell (which is a sorcery). That is the correct behavior.

Also this is the funniest thing the AI did when it was using my Tim Squirrel deck. I was playing another deck and it was down to about 4 life and was about to lose in a few turns it had 2 Seeker of Skybreak out and when I was trying to cast a spell it just I-looped the 2 elfs to each other and never let my spell out. I'm sure there are 10000000000000000's of I-loops in magic that was just one.
Maybe the AI is smarter than you think, stalling when you're incapable of calling a judge, LOL.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby FranAvalon » 02 Mar 2011, 06:47

xanbie wrote:Also this is the funniest thing the AI did when it was using my Tim Squirrel deck. I was playing another deck and it was down to about 4 life and was about to lose in a few turns it had 2 Seeker of Skybreak out and when I was trying to cast a spell it just I-looped the 2 elfs to each other and never let my spell out. I'm sure there are 10000000000000000's of I-loops in magic that was just one.
BA card code only describes what the card do. No other info was added to card code to force IA plays. So when IA "thinks" using its MINMAX Alpha-Beta prunning method, it decides the best movement, and in your scenario, any other move will end with your win. As Clefaria saids your only option is call the judge, in this case, finnish the game :wink:

about Oranrief we need check it again. I think that we fixed it but seems broken again.

thanks for reporting and enjoy playing with BA. :)
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 02 Mar 2011, 08:37

The stalling tactic is pretty nasty, and several cards were even given limitations so AI couldn't use them like that. This "best possible move" leads to some things that seem weird, but are actually logical, like AI paying its last life to crack a fetchland when you mount a huge attack. Yesterday, I even saw AI use Putrefy on its own creature in a situation where it could be said to not be a wrong move. (It was Golgari Brownscale targeted by Path to Exile - AI probably decided that having it in the graveyard is better than exile and the advantage is substantial enough to justify spending a card on it.)
Marek14
Tester

Postby CecilMonk » 04 Apr 2011, 18:15

I found a bug with Goblin Guide. Some lands when revealed are not put into hand (basic lands are ok, but some non-basic don't work, at least Scalding Tarn didn't). I was using DeckBot 1.26.1.

Oh, and I like DeckBot a lot, i can play at work with people thinking I'm doing something really hard :)

EDIT: Also found another bug at Gideon Jura. The AI activated his +2 ability, and I destroyed Gideon at my turn BEFORE attacking. But even so all my creatures were obligated to attack the COMPUTER. One of the creatures were destroyed next turn by a second Gideon Jura >(
CecilMonk

Postby Clefaria » 04 Apr 2011, 19:09

CecilMonk wrote:Also found another bug at Gideon Jura. The AI activated his +2 ability, and I destroyed Gideon at my turn BEFORE attacking. But even so all my creatures were obligated to attack the COMPUTER. One of the creatures were destroyed next turn by a second Gideon Jura >(
A similar bug cropped up on Magic Online, as I recall. Took a while to fix, too, hah. I guess rules engine programmers can hit the same hiccups in unrelated projects.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby FranAvalon » 04 Apr 2011, 20:26

CecilMonk wrote:I found a bug with Goblin Guide. Some lands when revealed are not put into hand (basic lands are ok, but some non-basic don't work, at least Scalding Tarn didn't). I was using DeckBot 1.26.1.

Oh, and I like DeckBot a lot, i can play at work with people thinking I'm doing something really hard :)

EDIT: Also found another bug at Gideon Jura. The AI activated his +2 ability, and I destroyed Gideon at my turn BEFORE attacking. But even so all my creatures were obligated to attack the COMPUTER. One of the creatures were destroyed next turn by a second Gideon Jura >(
Thanks for reporting :)

I will test Goblin guide bug. I have the last release 1.27.1 and when i play with Goblin guide I didn't notice it. BTW, Goblin Guide is bugged in other way. If you attack with two goblin guides, if the first one shows a land and the second one other non land card, the opponent draw it anyway. :(

About Gideon one, we know that but we must figure how we can solve it

I am glad that you like the app. Thanks :D
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 04 Apr 2011, 20:28

Yes, we're getting too little replies here :) Maybe because we're so low in the list?

Well, now that New Phyrexia is coming, the bug-hunting season is on again :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby FranAvalon » 04 Apr 2011, 21:01

Goblin Guide put any land in opponent hands. So it is no bugged, at least in 1.27.1. I tested it with duals and fetchlands.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Replika » 08 May 2011, 10:40

Is there a way to untap stuff with Pestermite? I only get to tap things.

The CPU taps its Mountain for mana when its Staggershock rebounds during its upkeep for no reason.
Edit: Tested this one a bit more. The CPU did not burn me with the rebound when I had no creature in play, but at least it didn't tap its Mountain in that case.

An Aven Riftwatcher that gets Momentary Blink ed in response to its vanishing trigger will lose one of its new time counters when that trigger finally resolves.
A similar thing happens with Subterranean Shambler - blinking it in response to its echo trigger does not save it.

My buybacked Capsize went to the graveyard after I bounced the CPU's Mountain with it.
By the way, cards like Capsize and Cryptic Command are a real pain to use.

Another edit: Blightspeaker is a 2/1 but should be a 1/1.
Replika

Next

Return to BotArena and DeckBot