It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:27

Text Size

BotArena Bugs

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena Bugs

Postby FranAvalon » 09 May 2011, 05:55

Thanks for tetsing and report :wink:

Replika wrote:Is there a way to untap stuff with Pestermite? I only get to tap things.
Some was broken before a release. It would be fixed on next release.

Replika wrote:The CPU taps its Mountain for mana when its Staggershock rebounds during its upkeep for no reason.
Edit: Tested this one a bit more. The CPU did not burn me with the rebound when I had no creature in play, but at least it didn't tap its Mountain in that case.
I can't reproduce that. AI behabiour depends of the CPU power and the amount of selected Thinking time. Usually I am using 30 sec.

Replika wrote:An Aven Riftwatcher that gets Momentary Blink ed in response to its vanishing trigger will lose one of its new time counters when that trigger finally resolves.
A similar thing happens with Subterranean Shambler - blinking it in response to its echo trigger does not save it.
We know that and we need figure how we can fix it.

Replika wrote:My buybacked Capsize went to the graveyard after I bounced the CPU's Mountain with it.
Again, I can't reproduce that. I was able to bounce all AI permanents with a capsize without problems.

Replika wrote:By the way, cards like Capsize and Cryptic Command are a real pain to use.
Yeah, you are right. BA is all about engine and UI is very simply. We starting on the new release with deckbuilder, and I hope that someday we can upgrade to a more friendly GUI. Someone interested in code it? :wink:

Replika wrote:Another edit: Blightspeaker is a 2/1 but should be a 1/1.
Fixed on next release. Thx again. :D
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Replika » 09 May 2011, 08:42

Weird. I can't reproduce the Capsize thing now, either. I guess I misclicked multiple times and never payed the buyback cost or something like that.

Regarding Staggershock: I am using 1 minute for the CPU, so that shouldn't be the problem. However, the AI still skips its free cast sometimes.

Evoke also has the Momentary Blink problem.
Is there a way to change a card's ID during the game? Then Momentary Blink could increase its target's ID by, whatever, 50 or so (until end of turn, perhaps?), which should make all other effects targeting it fizzle.
Replika

Postby FranAvalon » 09 May 2011, 12:46

Replika wrote:Regarding Staggershock: I am using 1 minute for the CPU, so that shouldn't be the problem. However, the AI still skips its free cast sometimes.
I am not sure, but it seems to be a side effect of the minmax process :(

Replika wrote:Evoke also has the Momentary Blink problem.
Is there a way to change a card's ID during the game? Then Momentary Blink could increase its target's ID by, whatever, 50 or so (until end of turn, perhaps?), which should make all other effects targeting it fizzle.
Cards on BA have not a ID as for example ML2. A card is an object and it is moved from zones, but it is the same object that was exiled. We need find a way to restet it.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Replika » 10 May 2011, 19:18

A planeswalker that uses its ability, gets bounced and recast can't use its abilities that turn. This is probably related to the Momentary Blink problem.

The CPU uses Vitu-Ghazi, the City Tree during its own upkeep way more often than it should (it should never do that, but does it very often). It also uses tap effects, in this case Glare of Subdual, during my upkeep instead of my begin combat step.

The CPU often taps dual lands instead of basic lands. It should use basics before it taps duals.
To be more specific: The CPU should in general tap lands that produce more than one mana first, then basic lands, then duals and then lands with other activated abilities.

Elspeth, Knight Errant doesn't give me an emblem (I don't know whether or not the other walkers do though). I do get the effect, but I see no emblem.
Replika

Postby FranAvalon » 10 May 2011, 20:02

Replika wrote:A planeswalker that uses its ability, gets bounced and recast can't use its abilities that turn. This is probably related to the Momentary Blink problem.
Yes, that is a known problem

Replika wrote:The CPU uses Vitu-Ghazi, the City Tree during its own upkeep way more often than it should (it should never do that, but does it very often). It also uses tap effects, in this case Glare of Subdual, during my upkeep instead of my begin combat step.

The CPU often taps dual lands instead of basic lands. It should use basics before it taps duals.
To be more specific: The CPU should in general tap lands that produce more than one mana first, then basic lands, then duals and then lands with other activated abilities.
When we code cards for BA, we don't mark any phase where the card would be used/casted, so the AI decides when it wants use that ability/spell.
Our card definition has only info about the card ability, and in these cases, for IA that are the better options.
Something similar is cast a bolt during first time targeting player without creatures into the battlefield, instead to keep it. That is not the best move, but this move gets the max value in Minmax algorithm.

Replika wrote:Elspeth, Knight Errant doesn't give me an emblem (I don't know whether or not the other walkers do though). I do get the effect, but I see no emblem.
As i said before GUI is very simple and imprinted cards and emblems aren't represented on the screen, for example. Maybe one day someone do a good GUI [-o<
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Cagan » 13 May 2011, 22:48

| Open
A couple of cards that don't behave properly:

Dauntless Dourbark: Goes straight into the graveyard when cast, regardless of the number of forests or treefolk I have in play.

Blood Tribute: I don't get the option to pay the kicker.

Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet: The vampire created is always 1/1, regardless of power/toughness of creature destroyed.

Apologies for the weird spoiler thing, it wouldn't link to the cards unless I put some code at the top.
Cagan

Postby FranAvalon » 14 May 2011, 08:42

Cagan wrote:Dauntless Dourbark: Goes straight into the graveyard when cast, regardless of the number of forests or treefolk I have in play.
I can't reproduce that. For me it works perfectly :?

Cagan wrote:Blood Tribute: I don't get the option to pay the kicker.
you need activate "all actions" to play kicker cost. You can do that on "Action" menu or on "action" window.

Cagan wrote:Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet: The vampire created is always 1/1, regardless of power/toughness of creature destroyed.
You are rigth. We need check that. thx :wink:
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Replika » 14 May 2011, 13:39

I can't add more than sixteen (colored) mana to my mana pool. It was pretty frustrating to lose a game because I couldn't kill the CPU from 16 life with my Invoke the Firemind.

Edit: Open the Vaults does not put the cards onto the battlefield at the same time. Multiple Gassdust Hulk being returned by it should fire the same number of triggers from seeing each other.
Replika

Postby Cagan » 14 May 2011, 20:57

FranAvalon wrote:I can't reproduce that. For me it works perfectly :?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1.27.1 but it still occurred. Hopefully this means it's already fixed in the version you're working with? :D

FranAvalon wrote:you need activate "all actions" to play kicker cost. You can do that on "Action" menu or on "action" window.
That did it, I had forgotten to check there. I've only been turning that on when I want to do something crazy like cast a positive enchantment on my opponent's creature, but I'll be sure to turn that on the next time I can't find an option.
Cagan

Postby FranAvalon » 14 May 2011, 22:07

Replika wrote:I can't add more than sixteen (colored) mana to my mana pool. It was pretty frustrating to lose a game because I couldn't kill the CPU from 16 life with my Invoke the Firemind.

Edit: Open the Vaults does not put the cards onto the battlefield at the same time. Multiple Gassdust Hulk being returned by it should fire the same number of triggers from seeing each other.
Both are known, but for the moment their don't have an easy solution :(

Cagan wrote:I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1.27.1 but it still occurred. Hopefully this means it's already fixed in the version you're working with? :D
I hope that too. At least on my revision it works :D
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Replika » 15 May 2011, 12:47

I'm getting game engine crashes a lot lately. It looks like this. I noticed that the crashes seem to occur whenever I have tons of options, like having Time Sieve and lots of artifacts, or having a lot of mana, some X-spells and removal spells with lots of things to target. I also controlled at least one signet each time.

Edit: It did it again. This time I had pretty few options, but I had a signet.
Replika

Postby Replika » 16 May 2011, 20:22

This double post is on purpose.

The Signet did it again, this time in 1.28.1. The game engine crashed just after I cast the signet and entered the combat phase.
Replika

Postby FranAvalon » 16 May 2011, 20:37

I will check that when real life give a break. Thanks for testing and report. A lot of testing is needed =D>
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby FranAvalon » 17 May 2011, 17:57

I was testing a bit the signets and after play up to three no crashes. Maybe the game crash is for other card or combination of cards, butit is hard to see. Sometimes when AI is thinking if a card on play/ AI's hand is bugged the game crashes too. If you can, attach the game logs of the games to check if some card on AI's hand could produce it.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Cagan » 18 May 2011, 01:11

FranAvalon wrote:
Cagan wrote:Dauntless Dourbark: Goes straight into the graveyard when cast, regardless of the number of forests or treefolk I have in play.
I can't reproduce that. For me it works perfectly :?
I'm still having this issue under 1.28.1. :( I attached a game log and the deck file. I cast the first one on turn 4, you can see it is in the graveyard on computer turn 5. It happens with a second Dourbark on turn 6. The computer is using a test deck containing 60 forests.

In the deck builer, right-clicking on a card (in either the top or bottom window) causes BotArena to crash.
Attachments
Dauntless.zip
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Cagan

PreviousNext

Return to BotArena and DeckBot