It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:41

Text Size

BotArena Bugs

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena Bugs

Postby Marek14 » 16 Jun 2011, 07:07

You probably don't have "All actions" checked, that means the game won't allow you meaningless actions like gaining mana without having anything to spend it on.

BOA cards are authored by the developers

As for COM and M12, you can use the Wizards pictures for now, they will have minor graphic problems with the border, but nothing major.
Marek14
Tester

Postby FranAvalon » 16 Jun 2011, 12:14

As marek saids, BA try to help you to do the "best" play or at least the moves which AI would do. Of course, not always that movement is the good one in real games, some you can check "All actions" to do every allowed movement.Actually, I always play with it activated. :)

About M12 and Commander, for now i am downloading spoiler images to use on BA until HQ scans are released. If you want you can cut the black border using GIMP or PS.

About BOA cards, their are created by some members as prize for some tournaments that we did a couple of years ago and BA forum participation. Of course their are not magic legal, but that cards give something special to BA, as Astral acards gave that to Manalink when it was released long long time ago ;)
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Replika » 16 Jun 2011, 13:52

If I control Mox Opal and another artifact and animate one of these with Tezzeret, Mox Opal can tap for mana (or: Animated artifacts are counted twice).
Replika

Postby Happy Cat » 16 Jun 2011, 19:35

I constantly get "This sealed deck is corrupted. You will not be able to save changes to this deck@ whenever I try to generate a sealed deck.
Never found out whether amount of booster or their sets affects chances to get normal outcome.
Happy Cat

Postby FranAvalon » 16 Jun 2011, 21:58

As a workaround just create a new deck and on Sealed menu, select Add product. Then you can add all boosters or starters as you want.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Cagan » 17 Jun 2011, 17:34

The "Golem" Splicers (Wing Splicer, Master Splicer, Blade Splicer, etc) appear to be granting their abilities to other Golems as opposed to all Golems, as they are not affected by their own ability when equipped with a Runed Stalactite. The ability of the Vital Splicer still works as it targets a specific Golem.
Edit: I did some further testing and the problem may be with the Runed Stalactite. I had two Master Splicer in play. I equipped one with the Runed Stalactite and it became a 3/3. I moved the Runed Stalactite to the other Master Splicer and now they were both 2/2. I dropped a third Master Splicer and the equipped one became a 3/3; if I moved the Runed Stalactite to the third one they were all 2/2. If I moved it off the third one it became a 1/1 again.

The computer regularly casts Everflowing Chalice without paying any kicker.
Cagan

Postby Cagan » 17 Jun 2011, 18:26

Cagan wrote:Version 1.29.1

Had something go weird when the computer cast Heedless One...
Had the same thing happen with Jagged-Scar Archers, after casting it and tapping an elf it killed all of my other creatures except Joraga Warcaller.
Cagan

Postby FranAvalon » 18 Jun 2011, 06:57

Happy Cat wrote:I constantly get "This sealed deck is corrupted. You will not be able to save changes to this deck@ whenever I try to generate a sealed deck.
Never found out whether amount of booster or their sets affects chances to get normal outcome.
You need generate your sealed deck using a seed, which can be any combinations of letters and numbers, a word, or a phrase. That prevents cheats on sealed tournaments, because only basic lands can be added to the deck.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby ricbus70 » 21 Jun 2011, 19:36

Hello,
I had
Drudge Skeletons|Black|Creature - Skeleton|1B|1/1|B: Regenerate Drudge Skeletons.|7TH|C
protected by regeneration.

I played
Crypt Rats|Black|Creature - Rat|2B|1/1|X: Crypt Rats deals X damage to each creature and each player. Spend only black mana this way.|7TH|U
charging them with 1 black mana.

They did 1 damage to each creatures and players, but the Skeletons went to Graveyard, while I was expecting them to remain tapped in play.
Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Riccardo

EDIT: uploaded GameLog file. Search for "User activated Crypt Rats". After that, Drudge Skeletons(1/1r) can be found in my Graveyard.
Attachments
GameLog6.zip
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Last edited by ricbus70 on 22 Jun 2011, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
ricbus70

Postby FranAvalon » 22 Jun 2011, 11:30

As you describe that, it is a bug. I will test it. Thx for reporting.

EDIT:

I've tested that and for me it works perfectly. I've played skeletons, activate it with a regeneration shield, cast rats and activate it for one.rats dies, both palyers got one damage, and skeletons regenerated and be tapped as it must do.

When you give the regeneration shield to skeletons, same turn that you activates rats? Did you did sometyhing more between both actions?

Please, look on Appdata folder and look for the gamelog where you got that bug and attach it. Thx
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Happy Cat » 22 Jun 2011, 18:45

FranAvalon wrote:You need generate your sealed deck using a seed, which can be any combinations of letters and numbers, a word, or a phrase. That prevents cheats on sealed tournaments, because only basic lands can be added to the deck.
I entered random sequence of characters and still got an error. Maybe because it was to long and contained nonalphanumeric characters. I would love to see random seed generator. =)
Happy Cat

Postby FranAvalon » 22 Jun 2011, 19:03

Seed is only for prevent cheating because the group can decide the seed and all players can use it. For random seed just use add product option as I had said on my first answer to you
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Cagan » 22 Jun 2011, 20:19

The enchanted creature isn't tapped when Paralyze enters the battlefield.
Cagan

Postby Cagan » 23 Jun 2011, 21:34

You only need two mana to activate the ability of Crystal Quarry when it should cost 5.
Cagan

Postby FranAvalon » 24 Jun 2011, 17:22

ricbus70 wrote:EDIT: uploaded GameLog file. Search for "User activated Crypt Rats". After that, Drudge Skeletons(1/1r) can be found in my Graveyard.
One question. Do you remember if you allow the regeneration ability resolve before activate crypt rats?

IMHO, I think that this is the reason: you activated regeneration ability and in response you activate the crypt rats ability. So last in /first out rule, crypt rats ability was resolved before the skeletons got the regeneration shield, and the skeleton died. Could be?

EDIT:

Cagan wrote:You only need two mana to activate the ability of Crystal Quarry when it should cost 5.
Was my fault when i was fixing filter cards. :oops:

Fixed on 1.30.1 :wink:
FranAvalon
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to BotArena and DeckBot