It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:57

Text Size

BotArena Bugs

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena Bugs

Postby Emfatic » 02 Nov 2012, 19:52

I believe there is an issue with the uninstall program. Here's what happened:

I installed BotArena in one folder (not the default), found that it ran fine and then uninstalled it. Then I installed it in another folder (again not the default). I ran it and it failed to load anything although it did show my original configuration. I closed it and looked at the log and discovered it was looking in my original folder for some of the information (which of course was now gone). I had to go into the registry to change these paths and then it worked. So I believe the uninstall is not changing/removing all registry settings correctly. Sorry I didn't keep the log.
Emfatic

Postby FranAvalon » 03 Nov 2012, 19:57

the uninstaller was done a couple of years ago by a guy who left the project. Maybe upgrade it could be easy, but I don't know how. #-o If someone wants help... :wink:
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Emfatic » 04 Nov 2012, 09:15

The Figure of Destiny does not get flying at the 8/8 Avatar level. I'm not sure but I don't think it's getting its first strike either.
Emfatic

Postby FranAvalon » 04 Nov 2012, 10:23

Emfatic wrote:The Figure of Destiny does not get flying at the 8/8 Avatar level. I'm not sure but I don't think it's getting its first strike either.
Fixed. Thx

I've attached fixed eventide.dll
Attachments
Eventide.zip
(240.75 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Emfatic » 06 Nov 2012, 07:53

The flanking ability of Riftmarked Knight does not work. I haven't tested flanking for its token though. It may be broken too.
Emfatic

Postby FranAvalon » 06 Nov 2012, 20:02

Emfatic wrote:The flanking ability of Riftmarked Knight does not work. I haven't tested flanking for its token though. It may be broken too.
Please can you attach the gamelog. I was testing this and works nice. Maybe you are blocking a creature with the knight. Remember that flamking just works for attacking creatures.
...or maybe is a weird interaction with other card.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Emfatic » 06 Nov 2012, 20:11

FranAvalon wrote:Remember that flanking just works for attacking creatures.
I checked my gamelog and yes, you are correct. I used it to block. Thanks for the clarification.
Emfatic

Postby FranAvalon » 06 Nov 2012, 20:25

NP. Less bugs to fix on BA :wink:
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby NoFrets » 07 Nov 2012, 14:16

Emfatic wrote:The game has crashed twice upon casting Armada Wurm. I get an error msg - Game Engine Exception - The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
I just had the game crash (v 1.42.1.0) after trying to cast Coursers' Accord with the same message. Could it be because of missing images (I have only the RTR pack now)?.
NoFrets

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Nov 2012, 16:12

NoFrets wrote:I just had the game crash (v 1.42.1.0) after trying to cast Coursers' Accord with the same message. Could it be because of missing images (I have only the RTR pack now)?.
Images is not the problem. If a card or token doesn't have image, BA will generate a generic one.

I was testing it and it works fine to me. Maybe is a weird interaction with other card. Could you attach your gamelog with the crash. You can find the gamelog on AppData folder on BA root folder.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby NoFrets » 07 Nov 2012, 16:49

Sure, here it is, I'm also uploading another log of the last game where I cast Traitorous Instinct on an enemy's creature but it didn't give me control of it (it gave it the +2/+0 and untapped it, though, ouch), I couldn't select it when attacking and it also remained in the enemy's "area". In a previous match the AI used it on a creature I had and it worked fine.
Attachments
GameLog7.txt
traitorous instinct bug
(47.49 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
GameLog.txt
Coursers' Accord bug
(41.26 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
NoFrets

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Nov 2012, 17:30

I can't reproduce Counser's accord bug.

However, traitorous instinct has a weird interaction with Thrill-Kill Assassin, probably with all unleash creatures (confirmed). I will report it to our bug list #-o
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Emfatic » 07 Nov 2012, 20:33

Using the cascade ability of Captured Sunlight, I cast Lingering Souls. I got 2 Spirit tokens as expected. Surprisingly, I was next prompted to flashback Lingering Souls, again with no cost, and got 2 more Spirit tokens. I didn't think this was legal. Isn't it just the cost of casting it from my library the effect that cascade allows, not from my graveyard? See attached gamelog.

Also, I've been retesting some of the cards I've previously logged as bugs. Thank you for fixing Armada Wurm. (Now all I have to do is find an image for the token it creates.) Because I want to use the following cards in my decks, I was disappointed to discover that they haven't yet been fixed: Faith's Fetters, Godhead of Awe, Windbrisk Raptor and Root Elemental. I understand you've prioritized your bug fixes. Just wishing... :-"
Attachments
GameLog89.txt
See turn 6
(48.74 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
Emfatic

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Nov 2012, 21:27

Seems that freecasting flag is not removed from the spell once it is casted by cascade, so the freecasting remains on it and you can cast the spell by its flashback cost. I will add it to our endless bug list :cry:

About the bugs, no, we don't priorize bugs, except that the bug break the game. The main problem is that we are only four persons working on the project with very few free time to expend on it. I always try to fix the higher number of bugs as I can in each release, but some bugs are outside of my programming skills, so these bugs must be fixed for more skiller devs, as for example the freecasting one.

I would like to fix all bugs reported here and in our bug list, but for example, at this moment the new release has only two bugs fixed and no cards added... 8-[
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Emfatic » 08 Nov 2012, 08:34

FranAvalon wrote:The main problem is that we are only four persons working on the project with very few free time to expend on it. I always try to fix the higher number of bugs as I can in each release, but some bugs are outside of my programming skills, so these bugs must be fixed for more skiller devs, as for example the freecasting one.
Thanks. I understand completely and wish I could be of more help to you. If there's something specific I can do, please pm me. I love BotArena and appreciate all that you're doing. =D>
Emfatic

PreviousNext

Return to BotArena and DeckBot