It is currently 03 May 2024, 09:58

Text Size

BotArena Bugs

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena Bugs

Postby Emfatic » 04 Oct 2012, 02:03

The AI cast Trace of Abundance and targeted my Plains and took control of it! :shock: (that's what the log said and that's what happened). Then he enchanted his other land (Sunpetal Grove) with Trace of Abundance. I looked all over to see if there was some other ability that allowed him to use the land enchantment to take control of my land but couldn't see anything. I need to test this in a deck now.
Emfatic

Postby Emfatic » 04 Oct 2012, 02:45

Emfatic wrote:An Angel from Sigil of the Empty Throne was put into play even though the enchantment I was trying to cast was countered.
I posted this as a bug but another player pointed out to me that this is the correct behaviour. So, not a bug. :)
Emfatic

Postby FranAvalon » 04 Oct 2012, 05:30

Emfatic wrote:The AI cast Trace of Abundance and targeted my Plains and took control of it! :shock: (that's what the log said and that's what happened). Then he enchanted his other land (Sunpetal Grove) with Trace of Abundance. I looked all over to see if there was some other ability that allowed him to use the land enchantment to take control of my land but couldn't see anything. I need to test this in a deck now.
This is a known bug related to the hybrid cost.
Dont worry about the sigil
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Spatzi » 05 Oct 2012, 15:09

CIty of Traitors was my first land played, and it is supposed to be sacrificed when I bring out another land. when I played another land, CITY OF TRAITORS stayed in the game.
Last edited by Spatzi on 05 Oct 2012, 20:29, edited 3 times in total.
Spatzi

Postby Emfatic » 05 Oct 2012, 19:07

I got a Game Engine error message and the game crashed when Roiling Horror was being played out of suspend and my life total was lower than my opponent's. I believe it should have just gone to the graveyard.
Emfatic

Postby Marek14 » 05 Oct 2012, 21:39

Not sure what's going on with Roiling Horror (is the bug reproducible?).

As for City of Traitors, the code that is there is not entirely correct. Playing land from hand or graveyard triggers it, but so will putting land onto the battlefield from these zones. On the other hand, playing a land from exile (with Brilliant Ultimatum, say -- I added it yesterday) or from library (with Oracle of Mul Daya), won't trigger it. If you played a land from hand (and you'd probably mention if it was otherwise), the City should have triggered... weird.

Solution would be to not trigger it on moving of cards but on land playing action itself. After all, if it triggers on playing a land, it should trigger even if the land never makes it to the battlefield (as can happen with, say, Kjeldoran Outpost)... Not sure how hard that is, though.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Spatzi » 06 Oct 2012, 17:10

Stole a 4/4 Llanowar Behemoth with Reins of Power and attacked in my main phase. No damage done to AI.
Spatzi

Postby FranAvalon » 06 Oct 2012, 18:12

Spatzi wrote:Stole a 4/4 Llanowar Behemoth with Reins of Power and attacked in my main phase. No damage done to AI.
Can you attach the gamelog?
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Spatzi » 06 Oct 2012, 20:13

I cast Fanning the Flames for 11 mana. The message box only gives me max x=6 damage to AI, when it should give me all the way up to 9 pts damage.

Wait...I turned on 'show all actions' and it now shows that I can do 9, but with '?'. You would think that choice would show up in the 'logical' actions section. have to remember to keep all actions on.
Last edited by Spatzi on 06 Oct 2012, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Spatzi

Postby Spatzi » 06 Oct 2012, 20:14

FranAvalon wrote:
Spatzi wrote:Stole a 4/4 Llanowar Behemoth with Reins of Power and attacked in my main phase. No damage done to AI.
Can you attach the gamelog?
How do I do that?
Spatzi

Postby Spatzi » 07 Oct 2012, 03:10

Flowstone Blade will not activate when one mountain is tapped. (main phase) i tried to put it on a tapped Gideon's Lawkeeper.
Spatzi

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Oct 2012, 07:09

You can found gamelogs on Botarena root folder/AppData
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby AlexFolland » 07 Oct 2012, 11:09

With Timber Protector on the battlefield when Wrath of God (or Day of Judgment) resolves, other Treefolk creatures I control die. Treefolk creatures I control are indestructible at the time of resolution and only Timber Protector and non-Treefolk creatures should die. This is a major issue.
AlexFolland

Postby Marek14 » 07 Oct 2012, 12:16

AlexFolland wrote:With Timber Protector on the battlefield when Wrath of God (or Day of Judgment) resolves, other Treefolk creatures I control die. Treefolk creatures I control are indestructible at the time of resolution and only Timber Protector and non-Treefolk creatures should die. This is a major issue.
This is caused by the fact that BotArena doesn't really do a good job in moving multiple cards at once :(
Marek14
Tester

Postby FranAvalon » 07 Oct 2012, 12:20

AlexFolland wrote:With Timber Protector on the battlefield when Wrath of God (or Day of Judgment) resolves, other Treefolk creatures I control die. Treefolk creatures I control are indestructible at the time of resolution and only Timber Protector and non-Treefolk creatures should die. This is a major issue.
I can't reproduce this bug. Indestructible ability works and affects forest and other treefolks. Could you attach the gamelog. Maybe the problem is related to another card.

EDIT:

I found that this works sometimes, and depends when the creatures enter into the battlefield.
If Timber protectos was the first creature to be casted, then no problem will be found, but if this is the last one, then all creatures goes to graveyard. Weird :?
FranAvalon
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to BotArena and DeckBot