It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:47

Text Size

BotArena and DeckBot

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena and DeckBot

Postby frwololo » 12 Nov 2008, 05:52

Well, as far as I know the programmer didn't receive any legal notice from anyone, but I'm guessing his interests lie in the core engine programming rather than in the graphics.
What's sad is that this is not an open source project, otherwise people with GUI experience would have crafted something over his engine
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Likely error in DeckBot

Postby goldfish » 12 Nov 2008, 21:13

The random generator, while it is changing for player 1 (apparently based on the computer time), never changes for player 2, resulting in constant, identical hands dealt to player 2 on every single occasion a given deck is dealt. This is confirmed by both the seed numbers (number=1) and the dealt cards being identical according to the game log.
Since this is not proper for testing decks (and is highly unrealistic), please consider correcting the error, if confirmed by you, in the next release.
A temporary fix is to specify a random seed by hand on the command line, in which case player two is assigned (seed+1) instead of 1.

Thank you in advance
GoldFish
goldfish

Postby meep.o.matic » 19 Nov 2008, 12:57

But can you use the data on other AI projects? And why bother to continue with the programing if, it is not executable?
meep.o.matic

Postby frwololo » 20 Nov 2008, 00:33

meep.o.matic wrote:But can you use the data on other AI projects?
No, it's close source

And why bother to continue with the programing if, it is not executable?
You don't know what the command line is, do you ?
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby Incantus » 20 Nov 2008, 01:32

frwololo wrote:Well, as far as I know the programmer didn't receive any legal notice from anyone, but I'm guessing his interests lie in the core engine programming rather than in the graphics.
What's sad is that this is not an open source project, otherwise people with GUI experience would have crafted something over his engine
Actually, there is a gui program to go with it, but distribution of it stopped (http://www.deckbotarena.net/BotArena/index.html).
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby meep.o.matic » 21 Nov 2008, 11:44

no I don't, care to explain?
meep.o.matic

Postby frwololo » 21 Nov 2008, 12:03

meep.o.matic wrote:no I don't, care to explain?
If you're under windows XP or Vista, click on Start->execute then type "cmd"
The command line should then appear
type cd c:/program files/deckbot/
(of course, replace program files/deckbot with wherever you installed deckbot...)

then type the name of the exe file
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby soulless one » 24 Nov 2008, 16:59

Hi,
first of all I apologize for my english; I don't understand one thing. Perhaps the legal problem with Wizards of the coast are connected to the core and/or the graphics of BotArena? Because I played (and I think you, too) with mtg forge and I don't note "great differences"; also in mtg forge there are the real card of magic and there is an AI and it is avaible to all !! One solution couldn't be to share botarena without original images but with substitute cards image (then people change the images with the accurate ones)??
thanks
soulless one

Postby Clefaria » 09 Feb 2011, 05:54

Seems like this is the best spot to post this.

Since BotArena doesn't complain about Oracle of Mul Daya, I assume there is some way to utilize its ability to play lands off the top of the library. But I see no way to even look at the top card of the library in this program. How do you do it?

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Hector » 09 Feb 2011, 06:51

@Clefaria: BA engine code is progressing faster then its UI. Oracle of Mul Daya's full functionality is working in the engine, but its usage in the UI is a bit archaic. You need to watch and use "Actions" and "Messages" windows to utilize the Oracle.

Whenever a new card becomes the top card of the library, a message in the "Messages" window reveals its name. When you look at the "Actions" window, you will see the ability to play that card if it is a land card.
Hector

Postby Clefaria » 09 Feb 2011, 06:55

Hector wrote:@Clefaria: BA engine code is progressing faster then its UI. Oracle of Mul Daya's full functionality is working in the engine, but its usage in the UI is a bit archaic. You need to watch and use "Actions" and "Messages" windows to utilize the Oracle.

Whenever a new card becomes the top card of the library, a message in the "Messages" window reveals its name. When you look at the "Actions" window, you will see the ability to play that card if it is a land card.
lol, I see. Okay, then. The Valakut and Inquisition of Kozilek bugs are my main focus at the moment, though.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Previous

Return to BotArena and DeckBot