It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:08

Text Size

A question about the use of Sideboards

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

A question about the use of Sideboards

Postby araiwah » 03 Jul 2011, 05:46

Hi FranAvalon (or whoever can answer this question)

This is definitely a newbie question. I've made decks and I've put in cards in the sideboard.

Is there a way to switch cards in and out of the sideboard & main deck during the start screen before I choose a deck to play against? (So that I can switch cards in and out at-will according to what kinds of decks I'm playing against) Or is the only way to switch cards in and out of a sideboard to do so in the deck editor (essentially, to re-edit the deck)?

If anyone knows something I am missing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Araiwah

PS - To FranAvalon: While I'm already typing, I'd be curious to know if two cards from NPH, Spellskite and Phyrexian Metamorph, are at all possible to implement. I know you probably get card requests all the time, so sorry to bug you there. Just thought they would be awesome and unique cards to implement.
Thanks again to your efforts on this amazing program. I greatly anticipate 1.30
araiwah

Re: A question about the use of Sideboards

Postby Marek14 » 03 Jul 2011, 06:03

Spellskite will require better implementation of retargeting (at this point we can only retarget spells with a single target). The same improvement would aslo enable things like Twincast, hopefully. Phyrexian Metamorph is a complicated Clone, while we don't even have the normal one so far.
Marek14
Tester

Re: A question about the use of Sideboards

Postby FranAvalon » 03 Jul 2011, 09:38

Currently sideboard only works with wishes. Cards on there can be taken casting their. For regular sideboarding, you need switch cards on deck builder. Sideboard utility is very reduced as you can see because it was introduced by battlestar (who developed BA) a bit before that he leaves the project and sideboard was not completed.

I hope that someday it can be used before starting a game but we are only a few developers and we are fucosed on bug fixing and add new cards/ abilties. For that we will need a dev interested on work with UI.

About the cards, as Marek said their are very complicated for now, but we did other hard abilities so maybe someday, but not in short time :wink:
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to BotArena and DeckBot