It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:04

Text Size

Where is the config file located?

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Where is the config file located?

Postby Demonasius » 22 Jul 2011, 08:15

Hello, i just have a quick question. Firstly let me start of by saying this program is great i mean it's awesome how you have AI support and implement new cards all the time.

The question i have is this. I recently reinstalled BotArena from program files to the main C: drive to get around Windows 7's awful permission restriction on the Program Files folder. Now i got everything installed correctly image wise but when i go to run BotArena it retained all my old settings but doesn't load any of the cards. Upon closer inspection i looked through the BotArena.log file and see it's trying to load images from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\EpochSoft\BotArena\Images" folder rather than the new location.

So i was just wondering if there was a config file i can maybe update or delete to get the files loaded from the right directory and if so where on Windows 7 would that be located?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Demonasius

Re: Where is the config file located?

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jul 2011, 11:19

Hm, maybe try regedit? Either edit the registry settings or delete them and reinstall. I have a custom place for BotArena since the beginning and never had problems, so it's definitely not some fixed setting or something.
Marek14
Tester

Re: Where is the config file located?

Postby Demonasius » 22 Jul 2011, 17:26

Ah thank you kind sir, "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EpochSoft\BotArena\Settings" is the registry entry.
Demonasius

Return to BotArena and DeckBot