It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:20

Text Size

BotArena 1.40.1 Posted

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Re: BotArena 1.40.1 Posted

Postby dpskane » 23 Aug 2012, 14:45

sorry, i maybe was unclear. of course i found that link - just quite a bit later :)
i went first for the HQ pictures section, as the preferred solution, but as said before, they currently have some troubles.
then i looked at the alternative possibilities that list MWS - but the links there are all dead. i probably install MWS, unless the forge thing works (finished downloading, but missing the time to check whether it works).

if there are so many coders missing ... isn't it possible to transfer all the good parts of BA to forge, e.g.? they seem to have quite some staff.
when i look at the engine list BA and forge seem to be the best solutions to me:
BA has plenty of features (vanguard, commander, ..., good AI, network gaming). forge misses all those good features but has more cards, card scripting and a stronger community.

it's a pity i am not a good programmer. though even then i would provide at most one function and drop out of the team, i know myself :)
i need to test the AI further as soon as i have the time.
dpskane

Postby FranAvalon » 23 Aug 2012, 18:17

dpskane wrote:if there are so many coders missing ... isn't it possible to transfer all the good parts of BA to forge, e.g.? they seem to have quite some staff.
when i look at the engine list BA and forge seem to be the best solutions to me:
BA has plenty of features (vanguard, commander, ..., good AI, network gaming). forge misses all those good features but has more cards, card scripting and a stronger community.

it's a pity i am not a good programmer. though even then i would provide at most one function and drop out of the team, i know myself :)
i need to test the AI further as soon as i have the time.
its imposible because Forge is writed in java and BA in C++.

I agree that Forge has more cards, but no too much, and the number of workarounds on cards is high. BA is all accurate as we can, and we are trying to improve it.

The only thing that I really miss for BA is an strong community, but maybe some day.... :mrgreen:
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 26 Sep 2012, 14:56

Mathman5983 wrote:Thanks :D

I hope Urge to Feed will be on next release ;)

I am just asking something ... Do computer correctly uses cards as "Force of Will", by paying other cost?
I can't see if it does that good.

A big thanks for hours of fun :D
Your plight has moved me. You shall have your Urge to Feed in your next release.
Marek14
Tester

Previous

Return to BotArena and DeckBot