It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:18

Text Size

BotArena 1.42.1 Posted. Miracle and Soulbond Supported

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

BotArena 1.42.1 Posted. Miracle and Soulbond Supported

Postby FranAvalon » 31 Oct 2012, 16:32

Hi all.

Here is a new release of BA. This one brings 233 new cards, so BA supports now 10233 unique magic cards, or close to 16000 if we count reprints (each with its own picture).

On this release we have implemented Miracle and Soulbond abilities, and a good number of cards with these abilities. As you can see on the "cards added" list, we have now a lot of staples for differents formats as Sylvan Library and Jotun Grunt for Legacy, or Rune Snag for pauper format, for example.
A huge number of bugs was corrected as usual. You can see the fixed bug list on the botton of this post.

Before to go to the download links, I would like to do a request. An old one, which is done for each project too. We need people interested on this project and want help us with it. BA is writen in C++, and at this moment we are only four persons working on it, and the TO DO list is very huge. If you have skills in programation, you like design graphics or whatever that can help, please contact with us. On BA every magic card printed can be possible, and even, the AI engine can be scaled to work on multicore way for a better AI. In theory we don't have limits with the engine.

And finally, here is the app links:

Download BotArena 1.42.1 msi installer (you will need this if is the first time that you install BA.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tvkiifugb60dq66

Download BotArena 1.42.1 update (Download it, unpack and overwrite the files if you have a previous version of BA)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nl7votbn7ezcaoi

Download DeckBot 1.42.1 (Text UI app)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8xxm2ivm1tps2xe

Enjoy!!!! ;)

Cards added:

Alara Reborn: Sigil Captain, Singe-Mind Ogre

Alliances: Krovikan Plague, Lim-Dul's Vault, Sol Grail, Varchild's War-Riders

Antiquities: Detonate

Apocalypse: Evasive Action, Tahngarth's Glare

Arabian Nights: Jandor's Ring

Archenemy: Dance, Pathetic Marionette

Avacyn Restored: Banishing Stroke, Bonfire of the Damned, Devastation Tide, Druid's Familiar, Elgaud Shieldmate, Entreat the Angels, Galvanic Alchemis, Geist Trappers, Hanweir Lancer, Lightning Mauler, Nearheath Pilgrim, Nightshade Peddler, Pathbreaker Wurm, Primal Surge, Reforge the Soul, Revenge of the Hunted, Silverblade Paladin, Spectral Gateguards, Stonewright, Temporal Mastery, Terminus, Thunderous Wrath, Trusted Forcemage, Vanishment, Wingcreafter, Wolfir Silverheart

Betrayers of Kamigawa: Stir the Grave

Champions of Kamigawa: Brothers Yamazaki, Mindblaze

Coldsnap: Braid of Fire, Coldsteel Heart, Herald of Leshrac, Jotun Grunt, Karplusan Minotaur, Kjeldoran Javelineer, Ronom Hulk, Rune Snag, Sheltering Ancient, Wall of Shards

Commander: Conundrum Sphinx, Gomazoa, Jotun Grunt, Martyr's Bond, Sigil Captain

Conflux: Voracious Dragon

Dark: Goblin Rock Sled, Psychic Allergy, Wand of Ith

Darksteel: Arcbound Fiend, Machinate, Second Sight, Thought Dissector

Dissension: Brain Pry, Hellhole Rats, Hit//Run, Infernal Tutor, Isperia the Inscrutable, Nettling Curse, Rise//Fall, Swift Silence, Unliving Psychopath

Eighth Edition: Vexing Arcanix

Exodus: Cataclysm

Eventide: Phosphorescent Feast

Fallen Empires: Tidal Influence

Fifth Edition: Detonate, Portent, Soul Barrier, Sylvan Library, Urza's Bauble

Fourth Edition: Detonate, Goblin Rock Sled, Sylvan Library, Visions

Future Sight: Cloud Key, Phosphorescent Feast, Shimian Specter

Guildpact: Cerebral Vortex, Moratorium Stone, Silhana Starfletcher

Homelands: An-Zerrin Ruins

Ice Age: Blizzard, Burnt Offering, Demonic Consultation, Giant Trap Door Spider, Illusionary Presence, Mystic Remora, Orcish Librarian, Portent, Soul Barrier, Urza's Bauble, Vexing Arcanix

Innistrad: Divine Reckoning

Invasion: Alloy Golem, Death or Glory, Desperate Research, Global Ruin, Hunting Kavu, Quirion Elves, Skizzik, Thicket Elemental, Winnow

Legends: Blazing Effigy, Giant Turtle, Nebuchadnezzar, Petra Sphinx, Sylvan Library, Visions

Legions: Celestial Gatekeeper, Ward Sliver

Lorwyn: Fistful of Force, Guile

Magic 2010: Sphinx Ambassador

Magic 2011: Conundrum Sphinx, Mass Polymorph

Magic 2012: Adaptive Automaton, Chandra, the Firebrand; Doubling Chant

Magic 2013: Chandra, the Firebrand; Shimian Specter, Stuffy Doll

Mercadian Masques: Assembly Hall, Clear the Land, Jeweled Torque

Mirage: Bazaar of Wonders, Catacomb Dragon, Malignant Growth, Mangara's Equity, Quirion Elves, Roots of Life, Sealed Fate, Shallow Grave, Soulshriek, Tainted Specter, Tombstone Stairwell

Mirrodin: Detonate, Extraplanar Lens, Liar's Pendulum, Proteus Staff, Spoils of the Vault

Morningtide: Cream of the Crop, Declaration of Naught, Maralen of the Mornsong, Recross the Paths, Stomping Slabs

Nemesis: Belbe's Portal, Divining Witch, Pack Hunt, Parallax Tide, Parallax Wave

New Phyrexia: Caged Sun, Invader Parasite, Karn Liberated, Xenograft

Odyssey: Hint of Insanity, Last Rites, Predict, Tainted Pact, Verdant Succession

Onslaught: Cover of Darkness, Doom Cannon, Erratic Explosion, Goblin Machinist, Information Dealer, Kaboom!, Kamahl's Summons, Read the Runes, Riptide Shapeshifter, Steely Resolve

Planar Chaos: Circle of Affliction, Erratic Mutation

Planechase: Isle of Vesuva, The AEther Flues

Planechase 2012: Erratic Explosion, Grove of the Dreampods, Three Dreams

Planeshift: Magnigoth Treefolk, Planeswalker's Favor, Planeswalker's Fury, Planeswalker's Mirth, Planeswalker's Scorn

Portal: Flux

Portal: Three Kingdoms: Wu Spy

Prophecy: Dual Nature, Foil

Ravnica: Bloodbond March, Cloudstone Curio, Dimir Machinations, Moonlight Bargain, Razia's Purification, Three Dreams, Tunnel Vision

Return to Ravnica: Angel of Serenity, Counterflux, Detention Sphere, Epic Experiment

Revised: Jandor's Ring

Rise of the Eldrazi: Curse of Wizardry, Explosive Revelation, Lay Bare, Spawnsire of Ulamog

Saviors of Kamigawa: Ashes of the Fallen, Blood Clock, Burning-Eye Zubera, Descendant of Soramaro, Rally the Horde, Rushing-Tide Zubera

Scars of Mirrodin: Cerebral Eruption

Shards of Alara: Brilliant Ultimatum, Clarion Ultimatum

Sixth Edition: Wand of Denial

Stronghold: Mask of the Mimic

Tempest: Corpse Dance, Escaped Shapeshifter, Sacred Guide, Wood Sage

Time Spiral: Candles of Leng, Gauntlet of Power, Mangara of Corondor, Mishra, Artificer Prodigy; Nightshade Assassin, Orcish Librarian, Paradise Plume, Pentarch Paladin, Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII; Stuffy Doll

Torment: Circular Logic, Retraced Image

Unlimited: Natural Selection

Urza's Destiny: Body Snatcher, Cinder Seer, Ivy Seer, Jasmine Seer, Nightshade Seer, Rofellos's Gift, Scent of Cinder, Scent of Ivy, Scent of Jasmine, Scent of Nightshade, Urza's Incubator

Urza's Saga: Carpet of Flowers, Remembrance, Umbilicus

Vanguard: Crovax, Maralen of the Mornsong Avatar, Viridian Zealot Avatar

Visions: Corrosion, Eye of Singularity, Foreshadow, Tithe, Wand of Denial

Weatherlight: Aboroth, Ancestral Knowledge, Betrothed of Fire, Flux, Psychic Vortex, Wave of Terror

Worldwake: Dead Reckoning, Quest for Ula's Temple

Zendikar: Chandra Ablaze, Gomazoa

Tokens: Arcane Denial Effect, Chandra, the Firebrand Effect; Lat-Nam's Legacy Effect, Slowtrip Effect, Survivor, Tombspawn, Warrior B

Bug fixes:
- Aleatory, Arcane Denial, Astrolabe, Balduvian Rage, Barbed Sextant, Bestial Fury, Blessed Wine, Bone Harvest, Burnout, Carrier Pigeons, Clairvoyance, Feral Instinct, Fevered Strength, Flare, Force Void, Foresight, Foxfire, Gorilla War Cry, Gravebind, Headstone, Heal, Infuse, Jinx, Jolt, Krovikan Fetish, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Lightning Blow, Mind Ravel, Mishra's Bauble, Mystic Melting, Panic, Prophecy, Pyknite, Ray of Erasure, Renewal, Ritual of Steel, Scarab of the Unseen, Soul Rend, Swift Maneuver, Telim'Tor's Edict, Thermal Flux, Touch of Death, Updraft, Vampirism: Updated to new slowtrip code
- Argothian Wurm, Book Burning, Breaking Point, Browbeat, Desecration Demon, Prowling Pangolin, Shivan Wurm: rewritten to allow multiple players to pay their cost (as per RTR FAQ about Desecration Demon)
- Baneful Omen willn't crash the game again if a land is revealed in the process.
- Barbarian Guides: rewritten to take advantage of Illusionary Presence code.
- Barbed Lightning: Now uses double targeting when entwined.
- Black Vise, The Rack: Now works correctly with control changes.
- Bone Harvest: now accepts 0 targets.
- Brass Herald, Engineered Plague, Order of the Stars, Shared Triumph, Voice of All: updated to Adaptive Automaton code.
- Burnout: now can target uncounterable spells.
- Carnophage, Sangrophage: rewritten using selections. Now should work correctly with Platinum Emperion
- Chronozoa: Changed to token copy code
- Desert, Urza's Factory, Urza's Mine, Urza's Power-Plant, Urza's Tower: updated with correct land types
- Destroy the Evidence: rewritten to line with similar cards
- Dragon Whelp, Farrelite Priest, Initiates of Ebon Hand: updated to work without extra keywords.
- Furnace Celebration fixed. Now triggers when a permanent under its controller is sacrificed.
- Hallowed Burial: now only moves the cards once.
- Juniper Order Ranger: no longer triggers on itself.
- Manabond: effect is now optional.
- Martial Coup: rewritten to not use flags anymore.
- Metalworker, Sacellum Godspeaker: updated to new code.
- Polymorph, Shape Anew, Telemin Performance: updated to new code.
- Price of Progress: should be finally fixed.
- Psychic Drain: Now gives life to its controller
- Rage Extractor: Now reads manacost from the first spell.
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots: manacost reducing ability fixed - now sensitive to controller changes.
- Rakdos Cackler: No longer has first strike
- Shivan Wumpus: typo corrected
- Skullmane Baku: Counter type corrected
- Snow Fortress: Now targets correctly.
- Sylvan Hierophant: Now only has one ability.
- Telim'Tor's Edict: Corrected comparers so it can target permanents you own OR control.
- Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant, Urza's Tower: rewritten to check for land types, not names.
- Detain ability fixed. Now detained creatures can't block.
- Fading ability fixed.

Other changes:
- New land types added: Desert, Mine, Power-Plant, Tower, Urza's
- Added doubling variable to token creation modifier.
- Spells now only lists each card name once and looks through all zones.
- Deckbuilder: Updated Innistrad block: now include ISD, DKA and AVR. Added Return to Ravnica block (for now, just RTR). Updated Standard format: ISD, DKA, AVR, M13 and RTR.
- Grim Discovery is more easy to use.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Re: BotArena 1.42.1 Posted. Miracle and Soulbond Supported

Postby Agetian » 01 Nov 2012, 09:00

Thank you so much for your effort on this project, it's greatly appreciated! A very good competitive AI and very decent card support! Sad to hear that not many people are actively developing the project at the moment, hopefully more contributors will join you! It kinda makes me wish the project was open source, like Forge - it could have attracted more developers... Currently I'm trying to regain my status as an active developer of Forge, so I'm working mostly with the Forge code base, but I kind of wish I had a chance to look at the BotArena code base to see if I could contribute every once in a while, though I can't promise my contributions would be frequent or substantial enough (though I do have a background in C/C++, and I'm currently transitioning to Java due to the fact that I'm working with the Forge team). I wish you the best of luck with the project, along with Forge it's my favorite MTG engine out there!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby FranAvalon » 01 Nov 2012, 10:18

Would be nice if you can contribute on our project, although that your contribution would be small. All help is welcomed.
I've sent you a PM.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby FabioFLX » 02 Nov 2012, 09:17

It's great, thank you!
FabioFLX

Return to BotArena and DeckBot