It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 08:30

Text Size

MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1c)

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: New special-super-ultra-awesome edition

Postby soulless one » 24 Nov 2008, 16:13

hello everybody,
I apologize for my english. I downloaded the last version of incantus and i would ask three questions:
1) where can I find an update complete list of working cards (inside the DATA directory I saw there is a "card_images.db" and a "cards.db" but I don't have phyton to open it);
2) I know that I have to be connected to internet the first time I create a personal deck to allow the program to download the cards and their code but once incantus finish to download the card and by chance I try to run incantus without internet connection it doesn't run instead if I connect to the net it works, why??
3) at the moment I can only play against myself, there is no possibility of ip connection?

thanks for your patience
soulless one

p.s. wonderfull job =D>
soulless one

Postby The Scientist » 26 Nov 2008, 08:14

thanks for your reaction.

1) cards.db in the demo's is usually contains the cards needed for the included decks. If there are decks to play with, all of those cards should be working. We have a larger cards.db which has all the cards we have atm, but we're short of people testing them.
for the full card list: I don't think I'm allowed to give you access. I can tell you that the list is getting bigger by the day because about 5 people are implementing cards.
Take a look at the attachment, we have a way to track our progress :) (Note that this is not the full list, we go all the way back till Alpha)
2) actually, atm, you only need it for the card pictures. If your card_images.db is complete, then you won't need the internet anymore. Just search your library once ;-)
I don't know if it still makes a connection to the internet either way but it's supposed to work locally as well. If not, we'll make sure there's an offline mode available in the end.
3) not at the moment. we're focusing on the rules engine for now. I'm sure it'll be there and we'll let you know once it is.
Attachments
cards implemented.PNG
The Scientist

Postby soulless one » 26 Nov 2008, 14:54

Thanks for your reply :D
Just a moment I don't want the code of the cards!!! I only ask you if there is a list of cards I can use (I try other magic program like MWS, MAGMA and MTG FORGE and all of these programs have inside the possibility to choose cards to add in your personal deck from a list of supported cards), so could I suggest you if possible to insert simply in your next version a file.txt where you can find cards (sorted for example by colour).
thanks again :wink:

soulless one
soulless one

Postby The Scientist » 26 Nov 2008, 15:29

Well, I can't give you a list without giving the code, and without giving you the new .db + a new copy of incantus, you wouldn't be able to do anything.
But you can always tell us why you want certain cards implemented.

I'll aks incantus we'll be able to make a normal list eventually ...
The Scientist

Postby MageKing17 » 02 Jan 2009, 19:12

Actually, we have a script lying around which can generate a list of implemented cards given a card database. It wouldn't take very much work to use it on the latest version.

UPDATE Jan 2nd, 2009:
That script? Yeah, I found it and made it work all pretty-like. That's not why I'm typing this, though.

A new version should be forthcoming soon. I can't say how soon, because we have a few unresolved issues we're still working on. What we do have is awesomely working copy effects. If you play a Clone and choose an animated Forbidding Watchtower while Worms of the Earth is in play, the Clone goes to the graveyard. It's quite cool.

We'll also have a large number of cards in the new version's database, compared to the last release. I think we actually more than doubled the number of implemented cards (our database currently has either 1954 entries or 1956, depending on how you count, and I have a few more unuploaded cards which brings the total up to ~1970 or so). Mind you, the vast majority of them are untested (1296, not counting the untested cards on my harddrive), and some are known not to work at all (31, although some of those might not actually be broken... that's the problem with testing cards in three or so seperate versions :P).
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Helza » 14 Jan 2009, 23:56

Incantus looks and plays great, i can't wait for a new version :)
Helza

Postby MageKing17 » 15 Jan 2009, 22:22

Yeah, I know it's been a while, but a new release really should be right around the corner. I haven't found any crippling bugs in my latest tests, so I may just pack up the current version and put it up for people to screw with... and find problems with. ;P
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby juzamjedi » 03 Feb 2009, 02:50

So are you ready to let us all play with the latest and greatest? I know that I am pretty anxious for the new version also. :)
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Huggybaby » 03 Feb 2009, 17:20

Me too. And testing is a lot easier when the community participates, just look at the progress MTG Forge has been making.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 06 Feb 2009, 02:57

So true. In fact, I could probably put a new version up right now, I've just been putting it off as I scramble to find last-minute bugs. I'll try to upload something by the end of the day (for those of you in other timezones, expect something within four hours).

EDIT: Sometimes I even surprise myself. Not only did I build a new version super-quick, but I made a Linux version for you all as well. Too many things have changed since 0.52 for me to remember easily, but one thing I know everyone will find useful is the included cardlist, telling you what and how many cards we have (we have over 2100 now!).

EDIT2: Since some people have either no imagination or just lack experience, the links can be found in the first post of the thread here.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby juzamjedi » 06 Feb 2009, 07:00

Woo hoo! Many thanks, already downloaded and looking forward to using my new favorite card: Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker :mrgreen:
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Feb 2009, 07:41

MageKing17 wrote:EDIT2: Since some people have either no imagination or just lack experience, the links can be found in the first post of the thread here.
HaHa my ears are burning! Thanks MageKing. 8)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Incantus » 06 Feb 2009, 12:53

people with no imagination = me. It's because I rely on the "View new posts" link on the board, so I didn't realize that the first post was updated (since updates don't seem to be tracked). Anyway, MageKing, it's always better to be explicit than implicit :)
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby Incantus » 06 Feb 2009, 13:03

The linux version will work on both linux and a mac, but a word of warning - unarchive the distribution into a separate directory, since MageKing forgot to tar it up from a parent directory. To get either version working, you will need the following libraries installed into your python distribution:

pyglet (http://www.pyglet.org) - installed with the avbin extension
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby MageKing17 » 06 Feb 2009, 22:33

incantus1 wrote:MageKing forgot to tar it up from a parent directory.
I did it that way intentionally... the Windows archive is packed the same way. Usually (read: when I extract files, YMMV) people extract files to a new directory anyway, so they can name it whatever they want. If people would prefer it to be in its own "Incantus-linux" directory by default, that's easily doable.
MageKing17
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Incantus