It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:02

Text Size

Parse Oracle Text

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Parse Oracle Text

Postby mtgrares » 29 Oct 2009, 16:51

Hi, I heard a crazy rumor that you guys actually parse the oracle text to generate the python card code? Is that correct or partly correct?

And just for my own curiousity, how many cards does Incantus have now? I'm guessing 8,000?
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Parse Oracle Text

Postby Marek14 » 29 Oct 2009, 22:13

mtgrares wrote:Hi, I heard a crazy rumor that you guys actually parse the oracle text to generate the python card code? Is that correct or partly correct?

And just for my own curiousity, how many cards does Incantus have now? I'm guessing 8,000?
Well, it's some time since I made cards for Incantus (still waiting for new version), but there is a simple generator, which at least places (mostly correctly) blocks for activated, triggered, and static abilities. Maybe it can handle simple keywords, not sure about that.

Also, it automatically compiles the header including fields of name, types, etc.
Marek14
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 30 Oct 2009, 17:09

Thanks for answering. I try to keep track of what other projects are doing.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby MageKing17 » 20 Dec 2009, 19:50

mtgrares wrote:Hi, I heard a crazy rumor that you guys actually parse the oracle text to generate the python card code? Is that correct or partly correct?
It was actually that I was planning on having Incantus parse oracle text (or something like Oracle text but perhaps with extra information (like expansion symbols, for those particularly wierd cards that care about that)) automagically generating Python code, since Magic templating is rigid enough that a computer ought to be able to parse it. However, this idea never got beyond a "wouldn't it be nice" stage (although I still think a more global ability definition system would beat the hell out of our current "each card redefines every non-keyword ability over and over again" system).
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to Incantus