It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:18

Text Size

Incantus is now open source (under the MIT/X11 license)

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Incantus is now open source (under the MIT/X11 license)

Postby Marek14 » 15 Feb 2010, 08:15

Well, I've been waiting for the release, that's why I wasn't commenting :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 15 Feb 2010, 08:45

Well, wait no more! Go check it out!

Also, come visit on IRC. We're so lonely there. :P
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Feb 2010, 20:12

Ah at last! Thanks MageKing17 (and Incantus OFC).
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby ItalianRockerNM » 23 Feb 2010, 19:50

I'm still learning the ropes of this stuff >.> I have a few friends interested in helping code the cards, but it's difficult not having much experience in this stuff. I'll get back to you guys when I have the basics under control lol.

Though, does anyone have any sort of... Tutorial... lol? for learning to code this?

~ItalianRockerNM~
ItalianRockerNM

Postby ItalianRockerNM » 23 Feb 2010, 20:04

Also, where do we post bugs? The game crashes upon choosing "yes" to go first >.>...

EDIT:

Also crashes upon choosing "No" =P. I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit. Am I doing something wrong? Or has this been discovered already lol?

EDIT2:

Ok, so nevermind. It starts up, just stops responding for about 10 minutes lol. I let it run for a while, it just takes a good amount of time to start up is all. Looking forward to using this =D

EDIT3:

Lolol, I need a place to post this stuff. Went to play a mountain, I received the error screen "An error occurred. Please see the log file for details." So I checked the log file, the only thing concerning the error that I could find was "KeyError: Billyyyy at 135722096". Then the game shut down =P.

EDIT4:

"Errors Occurred: See the logfile 'C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Magic Crap\Freeware MTGO\Incantus 0_7_0a\Incantus.exe.log' for details."

Log error is: "AttributeError: 'OKAction' object has no attribute 'selection'"

Occurred after playing Yawgmoth's Will without paying it's mana cost.

Game closed after hitting "Ok."

EDIT5:

I think I may have accidentally discovered why the game "stops responding" at seemingly random times. I accidentally disconnected from the internet while starting a solitaire game after my most recent crash. Upon starting the game, there was no delay after hitting "yes" to go first, however, there were multiple cards that said "card image not found". Idk much about all this, but my assumption is that Incantus is downloading the images upon needing them, rather than on the first start up of the game? If so, I would assume that downloading the images is what is slowing the game down. May i suggest that they all get downloaded as soon as the game starts up haha? And to add a loading screen in the downloading process, instead of the game freezing up for a few minutes? Idk how difficult that would be. But if it was possible, I think you should totally go for it.
Last edited by ItalianRockerNM on 23 Feb 2010, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
ItalianRockerNM

Postby Huggybaby » 23 Feb 2010, 23:15

Submit your bug reports to viewtopic.php?f=23&t=841.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby juzamjedi » 24 Feb 2010, 02:14

As Huggybaby indicated this isn't the best spot to list bug reports. There is a dedicated thread for them to make life easier for the developers to track bugs.

As far as learning to code, well... this is the thread where it was announced Incantus is now open source. So you could go download the source code, find the cards directory, and read the code for some of the currently implemented cards.

If you mean you are inexperienced with any coding at ALL, well... then you have a lot of reading to do. :mrgreen:
juzamjedi
Tester

Previous

Return to Incantus