It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:37

Text Size

A couple questions

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

A couple questions

Postby Fracturedorb » 26 May 2010, 17:41

So what cards work/don't work in the game? I have played around with the deck editor and made some decks. I then went and tried to play with them and the game seems to hang. When I play with the test decks things work just fine. It says it's downloading images which I get could take a while but I have no idea if it's actually doing it or not, which brings me to my next question.

Where do the images get stored? I looked into the directories but I can't find any images that reflect card pictures.

Is it possible to just copy the pictures from somewhere else into the game so I know what kind of progress is being made?

I figured out the hanging problem (The word sideboard did it). But now all the cards I play (older cards) don't seem to do anything. They go into play as artifacts that are no cost and useless.
Fracturedorb

Re: A couple questions

Postby juzamjedi » 26 May 2010, 19:43

There should be a folder named data/cards. If you look inside that folder there are some file(s) that you can open with a regular text editor like Notepad. If you do a text search for the card name you want you will find it if it has been implemented (or not).

Images are stored in card_images.db if I recall correctly. I don't think there's a simple way to access it unless you're familiar with Python.

As you have probably guessed the cards that go into play as 0 mana artifacts are probably not implemented at this time. If you don't see a card image (and you are connected to the internet) then it's possible you misspelled the card name. There used to be 6000+ implemented but not many of them have been re-coded in the new engine.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby Fracturedorb » 26 May 2010, 22:27

So you have to go back and forth when making a deck to a text file and scan it for the cards you want to put in? Is there any way the deck editor application can have these set to a new format that would be the allowed by the game format?
Fracturedorb

Postby MageKing17 » 29 May 2010, 21:29

juzamjedi wrote:Images are stored in card_images.db if I recall correctly. I don't think there's a simple way to access it unless you're familiar with Python.
There's no need to access it... it only stores downloaded images, and if you put your own images in the proper folder (and delete card_images.db), it will load them instead (of course, they need to be the same size... 200x285 pixels, if memory serves).

juzamjedi wrote:As you have probably guessed the cards that go into play as 0 mana artifacts are probably not implemented at this time. If you don't see a card image (and you are connected to the internet) then it's possible you misspelled the card name. There used to be 6000+ implemented but not many of them have been re-coded in the new engine
Re-coding them to work in the new engine isn't much work at the moment, we've been telling people to hold off because we may change the format drastically Soon(tm). More specifically, we were working on changing the ability format (again!) to be defined as classes instead of generators (although he class would have a resolve() method or something along those lines that would still use the generator format). While I'll be going on vacation (with no internet, boo) for the next couple weeks, I should have free time when I return (Summer Break! Whoo!) so expect some kind of work this June (at the very least, expect to see level up implemented).

@Fracturedorb: If you want a specific card, you could try to add it yourself. The cards are just Python code, which isn't hard to learn, and mostly just call pre-defined functions to perform game actions. Looking at already-implemented cards that do similar things can show you enough to make related things... and of course, people here (Marek or JuzamJedi in particular) can answer some questions you might have. Anything they can't answer, I should be able to, but I'll be without internet access for the next couple weeks, but send me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP.
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to Incantus