It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:06

Text Size

How do I

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How do I

Postby nelyn » 07 Jun 2010, 09:38

get Incantus to load? I downloaded the latest version, but when I click on incantus.exe, I get the following error:

"This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect, Reinstalling teh application may fix this problem".

"Wow" thirteen views and no one has any information...
nelyn

Re: How do I

Postby MageKing17 » 15 Jun 2010, 03:52

There have been no replies because you haven't given enough information. By "latest version", you mean 0.7.0a? Is the incantus.ini file present? What operating system are you running it on ("Windows" isn't specific enough)? Is this a desktop or a laptop (or even a netbook)? Since nobody else (as far as I know) has ever encountered this problem, more information is required.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby nelyn » 16 Jun 2010, 08:45

Yes, by latest version, I do mean 0.7.0a

I am using XP pro with SP2 (work PC).

This is a desktop with a Pentium E2180 dual core and 2ghz ram, and Intel Q33 intergrated graphics.

The incantus.ini file. Is present in the data folder. Do I have to do any editing to it? I also noticed that the incantus.ini has a network settings section listing an IP addy and port. This PC is locked down pretty hard, but I can ping the 127.0.0.1 loopback through a command prompt. I do not know about the port though.

Are the "required libraries" required if I am using the windows installer version rather than trying to run from the source? Your statement in the release thread seems to indicate that they are only "required" if using the source code.
nelyn

Postby MageKing17 » 16 Jun 2010, 10:33

nelyn wrote:Are the "required libraries" required if I am using the windows installer version rather than trying to run from the source? Your statement in the release thread seems to indicate that they are only "required" if using the source code.
"Installer" is incorrect, as nothing gets installed, you're just extracting an archive. But yes, the "required libraries" are only for the source code; the executable is self-contained.

nelyn wrote:Yes, by latest version, I do mean 0.7.0a

I am using XP pro with SP2 (work PC).

This is a desktop with a Pentium E2180 dual core and 2ghz ram, and Intel Q33 intergrated graphics.

The incantus.ini file. Is present in the data folder. Do I have to do any editing to it? I also noticed that the incantus.ini has a network settings section listing an IP addy and port. This PC is locked down pretty hard, but I can ping the 127.0.0.1 loopback through a command prompt. I do not know about the port though.
You shouldn't. The network settings shouldn't be touched until you actually try to connect or host (although if the [network] section is missing entirely, the program will fail to start).

I'll be honest, I have no idea what's wrong. I've never seen that problem before, so have no way of diagnosing it.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby nelyn » 17 Jun 2010, 10:15

Well,

I gave it a try on my home PC and everything is fine, so it is something on the Work PC. Nothing on your end. I will just have to live with it or see if I can get a cheap netbook to run it on at work. I work a graveyard shift and am looking for something to help pass the time.
nelyn

Return to Incantus