It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:17

Text Size

Online Editor

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Online Editor

Postby MageKing17 » 02 Jul 2010, 04:50

Incantus has made a duplicate of the editor at http://test.incant.us located at http://mk.incant.us/ and given me ssh access; as a result, I'd everyone (like, one user, but whatever) to switch over to http://mk.incant.us/ and send me requests you have for functionality. I've got a rough understanding of django, but I'd rather have too many requests than too few; I want to improve the web editor as much as I can, and user feedback is the best way to get ideas.
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: Online Editor

Postby Huggybaby » 02 Jul 2010, 12:36

I just want to say, that online editor is badass.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 03 Jul 2010, 01:01

Huggybaby wrote:I just want to say, that online editor is badass.
Thank Incantus... the only code I had a hand in is the parsing code.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby juzamjedi » 06 Jul 2010, 15:20

Should the work begin to convert old cards to the new format now? If so can you create the expansions for the remaining sets?
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 08 Jul 2010, 05:20

juzamjedi wrote:Should the work begin to convert old cards to the new format now?
Yes. The conversion to class-based definitions won't be happening soon, and I'd like to see plenty of cards in the v0.7.1b/v0.7.2 release.

I'll see if I can automate adding the expansions; I had to fix a bug (with newer planeswalkers that don't list their loyalty) that can't be fixed by re-adding the expansions, so I'll see if I can reset the database and have it automatically add all the expansions.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby MageKing17 » 08 Feb 2011, 06:11

http://mk.incantus.net is now using my very latest super-duper experimental parser, which can write the code for simple cards all by itself. I'm just waiting, at the moment, for a bugfix having to do with creatures to propagate, and then I'm going to go through and start saving perfectly-parsed cards.

If you get an error saying that "global variable 'next' is not defined", it's just the server taking its sweet time to recognize my changes. I doubt it will take long enough for anyone to read this, but better safe than sorry. :P
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Feb 2011, 23:55

can write the code for simple cards all by itself
Can you provide some more specifics regarding how simple is simple? :)

This is what we've been waiting for! With any luck we'll have some folks creating an explosion of cards, quickly getting good ol' Incantus back to where it once belonged. =D>
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 09 Feb 2011, 03:04

Huggybaby wrote:
can write the code for simple cards all by itself
Can you provide some more specifics regarding how simple is simple? :)
It can handle anything from Agent of Stromgald to Divinity of Pride. Handling instants and sorceries is out of its reach for now (spell abilities are more complicated), but given the right circumstances, it can parse fairly complex cards... like Power Conduit, or even Etherwrought Page. I keep adding more conditions, triggers, and effects as I think of them, so it should keep expanding its repertoire. :)

Huggybaby wrote:This is what we've been waiting for! With any luck we'll have some folks creating an explosion of cards, quickly getting good ol' Incantus back to where it once belonged. =D>
That's the idea. :)
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to Incantus