It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:01

Text Size

Attention, anybody who still uses Incantus

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Attention, anybody who still uses Incantus

Postby MageKing17 » 01 Feb 2011, 21:34

If anybody still uses Incantus, I've still been working on a new version (which at the moment is still called v0.7.1b despite the long time it's been since v0.7.1a). Incantus may no longer have the claim to fame of 6000+ working cards (but it could; every card from the old database should, theoretically, be convertible to the new format), but it still has the most robust engine (that I know of), and I'd like to keep making it more robust. If anybody still uses Incantus (or has been waiting for a new version due to some annoying bug or lack in v0.7.1a), I'd like to hear from you (in this thread, or via e-mail or on IRC at #incantus on EFNet). Development goes a lot faster when you have people actively testing and reporting back on what works and what doesn't.
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: Attention, anybody who still uses Incantus

Postby juzamjedi » 02 Feb 2011, 04:30

I have not played with Incantus in a long time. That said, I would be happy to pick up testing again. The game engine and visuals are still quite good in comparison to other options.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 02 Feb 2011, 22:34

Well, I won't be improving the UI any time soon, but I'll be updating the test.incantus.net editor with my upgraded parser sometime soon and releasing test executables so that people can try out the Scars of Mirrodin mechanics and look for bugs. Hell, just knowing that at least one person is going to check it out means I'll be picking this up ASAP.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 02 Feb 2011, 23:09

People aren't interested in abandoned projects, so if you at least semi-regularly post updates, I'm positive you will gain back the testers you once had.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby drekonja » 03 Feb 2011, 15:11

UI doesn't need improvements, just to make mechanics for new cards.
drekonja

Postby juzamjedi » 04 Feb 2011, 19:01

drekonja wrote:UI doesn't need improvements, just to make mechanics for new cards.
Agreed - the UI is good, sorry if I was not clear in stating this.

For what it's worth I stopped testing when I heard there were going to (potentially) be massive changes to the structure of cards. It seems kind of lame to do a bunch of testing if the cards are all going to change again. Hopefully by now the card structure is a bit more stable?

Just to reiterate again: I would be quite excited to see a new release of Incantus and gladly help with testing the next release.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 05 Feb 2011, 01:31

juzamjedi wrote:For what it's worth I stopped testing when I heard there were going to (potentially) be massive changes to the structure of cards. It seems kind of lame to do a bunch of testing if the cards are all going to change again. Hopefully by now the card structure is a bit more stable?
That was just getting ideas for a format expected to be used a long way down the road. The current format obviously hasn't changed in months, and won't change for a long time.

juzamjedi wrote:Just to reiterate again: I would be quite excited to see a new release of Incantus and gladly help with testing the next release.
I'm going to be going over the current code base and see if it runs, and then pump out a v0.7.1b release for you guys to test.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Ricochet » 21 Jun 2011, 20:57

I've just downloaded the latest version(0.71b) and tryed some solitaries, i can say incantus is **HELL AWSOME", i've enjoyed the mechanics more than in DOTP, realy would like to see the project keep on going. The UI is good, but i started playing mtg in 4th ed and quit in 7th, i think the cards-in-hand zoom could be as large as the cards-in-table zoom. I actualy couldn't answer the comp properly --would you like to muligan? --i don't know, i don't know these cards and i can't read them...Other than that this is the most exiting mtg-on-pc tool i've seen
Ricochet

Postby MageKing17 » 22 Jun 2011, 18:23

Ricochet wrote:I've just downloaded the latest version(0.71b) and tryed some solitaries, i can say incantus is **HELL AWSOME", i've enjoyed the mechanics more than in DOTP, realy would like to see the project keep on going. The UI is good, but i started playing mtg in 4th ed and quit in 7th, i think the cards-in-hand zoom could be as large as the cards-in-table zoom. I actualy couldn't answer the comp properly --would you like to muligan? --i don't know, i don't know these cards and i can't read them...Other than that this is the most exiting mtg-on-pc tool i've seen
Personally I've never had trouble reading cards in my hand, but one of the things that will hopefully be in a later version will be such a change.
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to Incantus