It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:22

Text Size

New combat system

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

New combat system

Postby Incantus » 06 Jun 2008, 23:18

I've redone the combat system to make it more intuitive to select attackers and blockers. I've just uploaded the exe file compressed - just replace your Incantus.exe with the one from the archive below.

[Removed - see link below]

Let me know your comments. Does this way seem more intuitive?
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Re: New combat system

Postby cort » 07 Jun 2008, 08:47

First of all congrats for this amazing application. I played a few games and it works really well, but i've found some little glitches.
The first one involved declaring attackers. Sometimes after declaring them i hit Enter and nothing happens, then i hit Escape then Enter and again nothing happens, so the only choice i have is to exit the application. This happend to me twice but i don't know what led to this problem.
Edit: It appears that this occurs when i attack with Bloodrock Cyclops, probably due to the fact that it has the ability to attack each turn.
The next problem can be easily reproduced: After declaring the attackers i change my mind and hit Escape then Enter (without any attackers) the game crashes. Here is the crashlog:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/Incantus.py", line 788, in main
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/Incantus.py", line 667, in run
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/game/GameKeeper.py", line 172, in run
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/game/GameKeeper.py", line 195, in singleTurn
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/game/GameKeeper.py", line 405, in combatPhase
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/game/GameObjects.py", line 13, in send
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/game/pydispatch/dispatcher.py", line 371, in send
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/game/pydispatch/robustapply.py", line 47, in robustApply
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/animator.py", line 192, in declare_attackers
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/play_view.py", line 79, in declare_attackers
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/play_view.py", line 73, in layout_attackers
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero
Second one happend when i used Blaze (where X=6) to reduce the opponents life from 6 to 0, i get the message that a players life has been redced to 0 and after i hit OK it crashes. I get this crashlog:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/Incantus.py", line 788, in main
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/Incantus.py", line 664, in run
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/pyglet/clock.py", line 277, in tick
  File "/private/tmp/Incantus-tmp/Incantus/play_view.py", line 176, in <lambda>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
The Iceman Cometh
cort

Postby Incantus » 07 Jun 2008, 12:54

I've fixed the crashing bug (but not yet the cyclops).

You can get the new version here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yymohvteycb

Replace Incantus.exe and data/cards.db
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby Incantus » 07 Jun 2008, 14:40

Also, when it crashes it would also help to include the replay.dump file in the error report. Thanks!
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby The Scientist » 08 Jun 2008, 08:32

I conform that it crashes when you press escape if a creature has "attacks if able".
you'll be able to reproduce this bug
The Scientist

Return to Incantus