It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:01

Text Size

Play the elves vs goblins duel decks

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Play the elves vs goblins duel decks

Postby The Scientist » 23 Jun 2008, 21:08

Hilarious !

This is a link for a Linux version of Incantus. I tested it myself, just extract and then ./run.sh
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhnnkumm0vw
The Scientist

Postby MageKing17 » 24 Jun 2008, 07:05

Custom cards, anyone?
custom_cards.JPG
Yeah, I didn't say they were 100% balanced cards. But they do work in-game, which is awesome.

Custom cards are a reality, and even vaguely supported with an upcoming version that will look in data/cardimg to find images for them. I successfully got some cards from an MSE set I made a while ago to work in Incantus, and even one I made up on the spot to see how FPM templates looked in Incantus (by the way, they look awesome. See that white card to the left of the zoomed-in one? Yeah, that uses the FPM template from MSE. If I had some card art, they would look even more awesome. :P).
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Error Ash » 21 Jul 2008, 03:47

How did you get custom cards into the game?
Error Ash

Postby MageKing17 » 21 Jul 2008, 14:07

Error Ash wrote:How did you get custom cards into the game?
With my magical powers of magicalness.

Also, having the card editor source code helped for that original test, as I could force images into my card_images.db. Nowadays I just stick the image in data/cardimg.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Error Ash » 21 Jul 2008, 18:44

So you can just enter the images (by replacing the original images i suppose), but the game mechanic won't recognize them? If it does, which cards/mechanics do work?
Error Ash

Postby The Scientist » 22 Jul 2008, 06:31

heh, no you need to program the card yourself. Currently not too much of the mechnics are working because in a month or 2 the code will change anyways.
there is some easy stuff like first strike, flying, and triggers that are already working
The Scientist

Postby MageKing17 » 23 Jul 2008, 06:45

Some complex effects can be done, but a lot of them require hard-coding things.

Although recently layer 6 effects were made as-complete-as-they-can-probably-be-made, so you can do things like Sorceress Queen a creature, then use Dwarven Thaumaturgist to kill it.

Assuming you have Sorceress Queen and Dwarven Thaumaturgist in your data folder, of course.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Drudger » 28 Jul 2008, 11:11

Got a couple of replays for you. One is with the Planeswalker Jace thrown into the goblin deck. It activates as a sorcery as far as I can tell but is not limited to once per turn. The other is an interaction with Ambush Commander and Imperious Perfect. Forests were getting +X/+X, where X is the number of forests I controlled times the number of Perfects I controlled. :shock:

EDIT: Think the problem is with the Perfect alone, attached replay.
Attachments
Perfect_Alone.zip
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
Ambush_Perfect_Test.zip
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
JaceTest_-_Multiple_Activations.zip
(5.37 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
Drudger

Postby MageKing17 » 28 Jul 2008, 16:29

Drudger wrote:Got a couple of replays for you. One is with the Planeswalker Jace thrown into the goblin deck. It activates as a sorcery as far as I can tell but is not limited to once per turn. The other is an interaction with Ambush Commander and Imperious Perfect. Forests were getting +X/+X, where X is the number of forests I controlled times the number of Perfects I controlled. :shock:

EDIT: Think the problem is with the Perfect alone, attached replay.
Planeswalkers aren't considered implemented yet. The cards themselves have been coded, and the SBE that kills multiple planeswalkers that share a subtype definitely works, but there's no limitations placed on playing planeswalker abilities at all (you're wrong, by the way, about it activating as a sorcery).

Now, Imperious Perfect being broken is news to me, although I suppose I haven't done any tests with it lately... it shouldn't be broken, though. Which version of the executable are you running?

EDIT: Nevermind, something is broken. I'm not sure what, though. I'll take a look.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Drudger » 29 Jul 2008, 10:05

The reason I threw Jace in is because I was scrolling through the Card Editor to see which cards were included and saw Jace wasn't tested, so I'd thought I'd help out. I've had the program all of 2-3 days, and I think it has the potential to replace Shandalar, if not Magic Online. :D

BTW, I'm running the newest version of the executable. The only way you can see there is any problem with the Perfect with the Elves deck is if you have more than 1 copy in play at a time with several copies of token/animated creatures, which is highly unlikely with only 2 copies in the deck to begin with.

Love this game, keep up the great work. =D>
Drudger

Postby MageKing17 » 29 Jul 2008, 21:56

Drudger wrote:The reason I threw Jace in is because I was scrolling through the Card Editor to see which cards were included and saw Jace wasn't tested, so I'd thought I'd help out. I've had the program all of 2-3 days, and I think it has the potential to replace Shandalar, if not Magic Online. :D

BTW, I'm running the newest version of the executable. The only way you can see there is any problem with the Perfect with the Elves deck is if you have more than 1 copy in play at a time with several copies of token/animated creatures, which is highly unlikely with only 2 copies in the deck to begin with.

Love this game, keep up the great work. =D>
If the "tested" box isn't checked, it's usually not because we were too lazy to get around to testing it. It's usually because we know something about it isn't going to work quite right, and so never even bothered to test (or, rather, that's what it seems to mean on cards in cards.db. Whenever I make a card that I know isn't going to work, I check "Error", because while I'm not sure if it will actually cause an error, it should if it doesn't).

Also, the "newest" version of the executable is in a constant state of flux. The "newest" version of the executable isn't even available for download here, because it changes every time I make the slightest change to the source code, and my version of the source code may or may not match up with Incantus' version of the source code.

The problem with the Imperious Perfect isn't that you need more than one out. Just one Perfect is enough to cause problems if you've got a card that generates tokens or changes non-creatures into creatures. For some reason, the "creature" subrole appears to be shared across these permanents, despite care being taken in the source to avoid that, so whenever one of them gets +1/+1 (yet not from a counter, because counters are a part of the permanent, not the subrole), they all get +1/+1 (or -1/-1, or +3/-3, or whatever). So when the Perfect, which gives them ALL +1/+1 comes along, they all get each other's +1/+1.

Try this: Play Ambush Commander, then cycle Gempalm Strider. Your Forests will become (X+2X)/(X+2X)s, with X being the number of Forests. I.E. if you have 9 Forests out, they'll all become 19/19s. Similarly, if you have 9 1/1 tokens that were all generated by the same object, they'll all become 19/19s too.

I've e-mailed Incantus (the person, not the program) about the problem, since I couldn't figure out what was going wrong, so I'm just waiting for him to reply.

UPDATE: Bug is fixed. I'll upload a new version as soon as possible. It was a very silly mistake, probably resulted from implementing layer 6.
MageKing17
Programmer

Previous

Return to Incantus