It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:04

Text Size

Incantus hangs after play

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Incantus hangs after play

Postby mr. Aleph » 29 Jul 2008, 02:56

Attachment contains game.replay & Incantus.exe.log.

But nevertheless thanks for the fun. Incantus has a really impressive interface.

BTW, any plans to release source? It would be great if one could tweak and patch here and there...
Attachments
Incantus-win.zip
(7.79 KiB) Downloaded 745 times
mr. Aleph

Re: Incantus hangs after play

Postby The Scientist » 29 Jul 2008, 06:23

Incantus works with a few people who are spending some time on the program. Those people (MageKing, me, Marek) will look at it and hopefully solve the problem ;-)
And it's very helpfull indeed to attach the log and replay, thank you for that !

Also Incantus is hoping to make it open source in the end, but I think that's not near-future
The Scientist

Postby MageKing17 » 29 Jul 2008, 16:04

By "after play", would you be referring to "after the match has ended"?

Because if so, there's not really something we can do about that. Incantus (the program) doesn't yet have any "recycling" capability... which is to say, it doesn't clear all of its data back to the way it was before the game started after the game ends. If you finished a match, and want to play again, you just have to quit and re-open it (for now).

I say this because the error log looks like an error you might get if you try it, but I actually haven't taken a look at the replay yet.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby mr. Aleph » 29 Jul 2008, 17:18

MageKing17 wrote:By "after play", would you be referring to "after the match has ended"?
Yes. And by "hangs" I mean "I had to open Process Explorer to kill Incantus".

MageKing17 wrote:Because if so, there's not really something we can do about that. Incantus (the program) doesn't yet have any "recycling" capability... which is to say, it doesn't clear all of its data back to the way it was before the game started after the game ends.
Why then display message "Press 'n' to start..." after the match?

BTW, can't you just destroy and then recreate Python VM after the match? This will clean everything up...
mr. Aleph

Postby MageKing17 » 29 Jul 2008, 21:33

mr. Aleph wrote:Why then display message "Press 'n' to start..." after the match?
I didn't put that into the code, blame Incantus. :P

mr. Aleph wrote:BTW, can't you just destroy and then recreate Python VM after the match? This will clean everything up...
I didn't say I didn't have any ideas of how to do it, we simply haven't gotten around to it yet. It's not high on our priority list. Mid-game bugs are. I'm working on fixing one right now.
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to Incantus