It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:33

Text Size

incantus.net seems to be down

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

incantus.net seems to be down

Postby MageKing17 » 04 Oct 2011, 17:22

All the incantus.net subdomains (http://editor.incantus.net, the old database, http://test.incantus.net, the new database, and http://mk.incantus.net, the new database with my modified interface) seem to be down. Since I was just starting to make some time to release v0.7.1c, this makes it rather difficult to get an up-to-date card database. If anybody has a cards file more recent than April 28th, 2011, I would be most grateful. Otherwise, I'm going to see if I can figure out what's wrong with the server.
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: incantus.net seems to be down

Postby Huggybaby » 07 Oct 2011, 15:54

This sucks, any idea what happened?

If you need somewhere else to host that stuff, pls let me know.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 07 Oct 2011, 18:43

Huggybaby wrote:This sucks, any idea what happened?
At the moment, my best guess (due to certain error messages) is a corrupted Python installation; the Python 2.5 install it runs throws bizarre errors like "No module named os", and refuses to load builtins. I can switch it to other versions of Python, but those have seperate problems; like not having Django installed, or not having some other module needed for the web editor. I don't have time to fiddle with it to find out if I can install a fresh Python installation with the neccessary modules, or whether I lack the permissions for that.

Huggybaby wrote:If you need somewhere else to host that stuff, pls let me know.
If you have a webspace with Python and Django that you can install arbitrary modules to, that would be awesome, especially if it can be accessed via SSH (which I've gotten used to, with the current site).

EDIT: editor.incantus.net has moved on to throwing a Django internal error, while test.incantus.net and mk.incantus.net are timing out. That's different.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby MageKing17 » 09 Oct 2011, 06:09

Incantus got my message and fixed DreamHost; the online editor is working again.
MageKing17
Programmer

Return to Incantus