It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:34

Text Size

MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1c)

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1)

Postby MageKing17 » 19 Jun 2010, 03:12

drekonja wrote:Hey MageKing17, did you figure out the problem about targeting spells on stack?
If I had, I would've already released v0.7.1a. ;)

I did make Clone-style effects easier to make, though. That's almost related, right? :P
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1a)

Postby MageKing17 » 21 Jun 2010, 08:38

Hey, how about that? I figured it out, and v0.7.1a is here!

Download! Enjoy! Report back! Or I'll keep! Talking! In! Exclamation points!
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1a)

Postby drekonja » 22 Jun 2010, 11:27

Excellent! I'm already kicking ass with my U/G madness :)
drekonja

Re: MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1b)

Postby MageKing17 » 05 Feb 2011, 04:23

New version! Test it! Test it!
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 05 Feb 2011, 04:37

Awesome, thanks!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby MageKing17 » 07 Feb 2011, 01:35

The Linux/Mac version was broken (accidentally included .pyc files instead of .pyo files), so I've re-uploaded.

I'm thinking the Linux/Mac release is quickly becoming more trouble than it's worth, considering you can just grab the source code. I'm thinking of having three downloads: data files, Windows executable, and source code. If you want to run it on Linux/Mac, you grab the data and the source and just run it.

Then again, proud said he might be able to make a Mac binary, so who knows.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby juzamjedi » 07 Feb 2011, 15:29

Cool. I just downloaded the latest and hopefully will have some time to play with it again this weekend.
juzamjedi
Tester

Re: MageKing17's Releases (Latest: v0.7.1c)

Postby MageKing17 » 28 May 2012, 21:30

Incantus v0.7.1c is here at last! Bringing with it a whole slew of new features (which you can read about here), v0.7.1c is a major improvement over the outdated, buggy pile of nonsense known as v0.7.1b. Beyond the source code changes, we also have a new home for the online card editor (which doesn't have any of the old user accounts, so be sure to ask for an invitation), and the download archives have now been split into slightly more sane divisions. Hopefully, this will make updating go much smoother in the future. I know some of you are disappointed this version doesn't have Incantus's shiny UI improvements; I decided not to include those in the v0.7.x series, due to their extremely incomplete status. Don't expect to see them before v0.8.0 at the earliest.

I eagerly await any bug reports you might have; I did some testing myself, and fixed a few bugs before release, but I can't (and won't) declare any release "bug-free", and bugs I don't know about don't get fixed... so if you have problems, report them!

On the flip side, anybody who missed my custom cards (all... what, seven of you that ever downloaded them?), they have returned with a vengeance. And by "vengeance", I mean more cards, more cards with images, and brand-spanking-new token images. Also, plenty of rebalancing and templating tweaks, although only when I noticed something completely off about one of the cards, so if you were wondering if cards like Scrapwalker Mage were toned down, the answer is "no" (actually, the only change made to Scrapwalker Mage was removing the word "another" to both cut down on space by removing a mostly-irrelevant restriction, and make it possible for the oracle parser to parse it).

Also in a separate archive from the Nemeria cards are five cards (split into three card files) that use four rulemod files (one of which is also used by a couple Nemeria cards) to do wacky and interesting things. One of them adds a new subtype (yes, "MageKing17, Editing Master", the most egotistical card I ever made, adds the "Programmer" subtype), one of them counts the number of colored mana symbols in a mana cost (the old "Fraelin, Ancient One" rulemod example), two of them use a new "M" mana symbol (an invention of the Magic Set Editor forums, as far as I know, where M is like 5-color hybrid, but all instances of the M symbol in a cost must be paid for with the same color mana), and two of them revive the old "Hero" supertype, except made into a type because, in hindsight, it's really more like Tribal than it is like Legendary, you know what I'm saying? Anyway, it made more sense to make it a type, so now it's a type. Also, they use experience counters instead of a magical, hidden-from-the-player Experience value, which opens up interactions with things like proliferate and AEther Snap (and brings them more in line with levelers, which didn't exist when Hero cards were first invented).

On the other hand, I didn't test all of the custom cards (most of the Nemeria cards, but only Shaldon's Clonery of the Rulemod-demonstrating cards), so it's quite possible they have bugs, whiich you should also tell me about, but probably not in the official bug report thread (unless it's related to the Incantus engine itself). In fact, I'd probably wager that the Hero cards probably don't work at all right now, since that's how I feel about anything I haven't actually tested.
MageKing17
Programmer

Previous

Return to Incantus