It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:11

Text Size

Some helmp getting started

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Some helmp getting started

Postby Davidiusz » 13 Jul 2012, 19:15

I'd like to start using Incantus to play with firends... but there's 2 things i can't manage to understand... the first is how to see the cards that are coded in incantus - the ones i can use for my decks, and the second is how to make my own decks... I sadly don't see (or missed it somehow) a card database, nor a deck builder...

I don't have problems in doing whatever's needed manually, i just can't find out how to do it :(

Thanks from top for any help.
Davidiusz

Re: Some helmp getting started

Postby MageKing17 » 15 Jul 2012, 18:57

Davidiusz wrote:I'd like to start using Incantus to play with firends... but there's 2 things i can't manage to understand... the first is how to see the cards that are coded in incantus - the ones i can use for my decks, and the second is how to make my own decks... I sadly don't see (or missed it somehow) a card database, nor a deck builder...

I don't have problems in doing whatever's needed manually, i just can't find out how to do it :(

Thanks from top for any help.
The download includes a "cardlist.txt" that includes a list of every card in the database as of the time that version was released, but the most up-to-date card database can be seen here: http://deviance.duckish.net/editor/ (for just a list of implemented cards, click here)

Decks are just text files in a simple "[Number] [Cardname]" format, e.g. "2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad". You can find a wide range of decks included in the /decks/ folder, and can specify a deck either during the game, through the menu, or by editing /data/incantus.ini (so you don't have to keep typing the name of your deck every time you start Incantus).
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: Some helmp getting started

Postby Incantus » 17 Aug 2012, 23:32

MageKing17 wrote:Decks are just text files in a simple "[Number] [Cardname]" format, e.g. "2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad". You can find a wide range of decks included in the /decks/ folder, and can specify a deck either during the game, through the menu, or by editing /data/incantus.ini (so you don't have to keep typing the name of your deck every time you start Incantus).
The reason I chose that format is that it seems to be the standard format that decks are published in (see any article on http://www.dailymtg.com about deck strategy).
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Return to Incantus