It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 06:27

Text Size

Bug reports for v0.7.1c

by Incantus

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug reports for v0.7.0a

Postby juzamjedi » 15 Apr 2010, 14:34

juzamjedi wrote:OK here are some problems I've found for cards not included in the previous release. From the best I can tell these are generic engine-level problems not card-specific.

Hellspark Elemental. Unearth crashes.
Treetop Village. Adding the creature type to a land causes the crash.
Spreading Seas. subtypes.set() crashes.
Baneslayer Angel. partial() no longer defined. This was used for other protection abilities as well (like protection from Goblins)
Everflowing Chalice. If you multikick it like normal it is fine, but when you try to cancel casting (i.e. hit escape) it crashes from reduce() of empty sequence.
Cancel. StackTarget doesn't target spells on the stack. Although maybe this is a feature not a bug :wink:

See here for the tested cards.
This was the post that I was referring to. I removed the KotR note since I figured out what I did wrong there.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 18 Apr 2010, 16:49

juzamjedi wrote:
juzamjedi wrote:OK here are some problems I've found for cards not included in the previous release. From the best I can tell these are generic engine-level problems not card-specific.

Hellspark Elemental. Unearth crashes.
Treetop Village. Adding the creature type to a land causes the crash.
Spreading Seas. subtypes.set() crashes.
Baneslayer Angel. partial() no longer defined. This was used for other protection abilities as well (like protection from Goblins)
Everflowing Chalice. If you multikick it like normal it is fine, but when you try to cancel casting (i.e. hit escape) it crashes from reduce() of empty sequence.
Cancel. StackTarget doesn't target spells on the stack. Although maybe this is a feature not a bug :wink:

See here for the tested cards.
This was the post that I was referring to. I removed the KotR note since I figured out what I did wrong there.
I suppose I could put it on my to-do list. I can't actively test cards on my current computer, it's only got Python 3.1. Since I don't have time right now, could you answer my other question, about 0.7.0a's file-loading? Does it have multiple cards in a single file? Because if not, I'll have to make time to make an 0.7.0b release.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked at the cards you posted and saw the name terminator at the bottom. :P

EDIT2: And I've looked over the cards. Here are my thoughts:

Baneslayer Angel: Should never have used partial() to begin with. I don't care how many cards did this on the old card editor, it was a mistake. Change the last two protections to this:

Code: Select all
abilities.add(protection(condition=lambda other: other.subtypes == Demon, attribute="Demons"))

abilities.add(protection(condition=lambda other: other.subtypes == Dragon, attribute="Dragons"))
Cancel: StackTarget wasn't changed, as far as I know. However, isSpell is no longer defined, which is your real problem. Try this:
StackTarget(AbilityMatch(CastSpell, "Spell"))
I can only assume the AbilityMatches were commented out because of a circular import or something.

To find this sort of thing yourself, just look at the source.

Everflowing Chalice: As you may have guessed, this is a problem with multikicker itself, not the card, which is fine as far as I can tell. Probably just have to fix it so that it doesn't try to reduce() anything if you cancel.

Hellspark Elemental: Great job telling me it crashed without a traceback. >_<

Spreading Seas: Ditto.

Treetop Village: Ditto.

Always, always, always provide a traceback for a crash, so I have some clue of where I'm supposed to be looking for.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby ItalianRockerNM » 15 May 2010, 06:23

Hey, just curious as to how things are going. I've been following the posts =P, even though I've come to realize i'm not going to be able to add much to this... jw if there have been any new updates or anything =)
ItalianRockerNM

Postby MageKing17 » 15 May 2010, 06:31

ItalianRockerNM wrote:Hey, just curious as to how things are going. I've been following the posts =P, even though I've come to realize i'm not going to be able to add much to this... jw if there have been any new updates or anything =)
Incantus and I have both been too busy to work on the project. I'll have plenty of free time coming up this summer, so expect some activity from me in a month or two.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby drekonja » 06 Jun 2010, 15:53

Why in latest version I can play cards without paying manacost (except test deck)? And all of them are counted as artifacts, so you can't attack with them.

With Incantus' version worked without problems, but now it's not working correctly.

EDIT: Nvm, I realized that cards just aren't implemented. But is card implementation on the way? So I don't start trying if somebody will do it anyway. Is there any api about functions which can be used in cards file?
drekonja

Postby MageKing17 » 15 Jun 2010, 03:49

drekonja wrote:Why in latest version I can play cards without paying manacost (except test deck)? And all of them are counted as artifacts, so you can't attack with them.

With Incantus' version worked without problems, but now it's not working correctly.

EDIT: Nvm, I realized that cards just aren't implemented. But is card implementation on the way? So I don't start trying if somebody will do it anyway. Is there any api about functions which can be used in cards file?
There isn't a lot of documentation because the card code is just regular Python code, it just has pre-defined functions and objects related to Magic. Generally, just looking at the code of existing cards should give you a good idea (if you've ever programmed before (or even if you haven't; Marek14 made a great deal of cards for the previous version and isn't (if memory serves) a programmer)) (yes, I did just triple-nest parentheses. Why do you ask?).
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 15 Jun 2010, 07:48

Yup, not a programmer :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby juzamjedi » 15 Jun 2010, 17:35

Neither am I although I pretended to be one for a period of my life ;)

MK, can you get the editor site updated to see what cards have been implemented in current version? By default most cards would go to "untested" or even "error" if you think that's more appropriate (since a lot of cards won't work with current version). Also the download link still produces cards.db although perhaps a ZIP export of plaintext files would make more sense?

I can't speak for Marek, but one of the reasons I have not done any testing for a while is it's hard to manually track what I have reviewed, tested, updated, etc. to work in the current version. For example I have a Jund decklist of cards that work, but most people probably don't know about it.
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 15 Jun 2010, 19:01

juzamjedi wrote:Neither am I although I pretended to be one for a period of my life ;)

MK, can you get the editor site updated to see what cards have been implemented in current version? By default most cards would go to "untested" or even "error" if you think that's more appropriate (since a lot of cards won't work with current version). Also the download link still produces cards.db although perhaps a ZIP export of plaintext files would make more sense?

I can't speak for Marek, but one of the reasons I have not done any testing for a while is it's hard to manually track what I have reviewed, tested, updated, etc. to work in the current version. For example I have a Jund decklist of cards that work, but most people probably don't know about it.
There's a new card site at http://test.incant.us/ I believe I mentioned at some point. Pester Incantus for accounts there, he may even answer at some point (as in within a couple months) :P. Or maybe he'll answer sooner, what do I know?

It's that or I'll have to try to set up my own site, since he did give me the code, although it's lacking some of his more recent advances (code previews and such... although they seem not to be working anyway).

EDIT: In case I didn't make it clear, I have no control over any aspect of the incant.us domain, so asking me to do anything to it that any other user can't do is impossible.
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: Bug reports for v0.7.1

Postby MageKing17 » 17 Jun 2010, 09:17

First strike is broken; apparently, dead creatures can still deal damage. Fixed for v0.7.1a.
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: Bug reports for v0.7.1a

Postby MageKing17 » 21 Jun 2010, 16:19

After bouncing Sakashima the Impostor to my hand and playing it again, it didn't give me the option to copy something. Not sure if I accidentally hit enter one too many times and skipped the selection, or if there's a bigger problem here. I'll be doing more testing.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby juzamjedi » 16 Jul 2010, 20:42

Basic landwalk is broken. Traceback below.

001   name = 'Street Wraith'
002   cost = '3BB'
003   types = Creature
004   subtypes = Wraith
005   power = 3
006   toughness = 4
007   text = ['Swampwalk', 'Cycling-Pay 2 life.']
009   #################################
011   abilities.add(swampwalk())
012   abilities.add(cycling(LifeCost(2)))

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "engine\CardDatabase.pyo", line 75, in execCode
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "engine\Ability\CreatureAbility.pyo", line 52, in basic_landwalk
AttributeError: 'Symbol' object has no attribute 'lower'
Execution error with Street Wraith
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 17 Jul 2010, 06:30

juzamjedi wrote:Basic landwalk is broken. Traceback below.

001   name = 'Street Wraith'
002   cost = '3BB'
003   types = Creature
004   subtypes = Wraith
005   power = 3
006   toughness = 4
007   text = ['Swampwalk', 'Cycling-Pay 2 life.']
009   #################################
011   abilities.add(swampwalk())
012   abilities.add(cycling(LifeCost(2)))

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "engine\CardDatabase.pyo", line 75, in execCode
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "engine\Ability\CreatureAbility.pyo", line 52, in basic_landwalk
AttributeError: 'Symbol' object has no attribute 'lower'
Execution error with Street Wraith
I think I know what's wrong... a problem from when we switched from subtypes being strings to subtypes being symbols. Should be a quick fix... just do a str() call before accessing the .lower() method.
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby drekonja » 01 Feb 2011, 19:30

Incantus stopped working :|

When I press Start nothing happens and log file shows windows error.
drekonja

Postby MageKing17 » 01 Feb 2011, 19:33

drekonja wrote:Incantus stopped working :|

When I press Start nothing happens and log file shows windows error.
Well, I'd like to see the exact error, but if it's the kind of error I think it is, there's naught to be done about it.

On the other hand, YAY somebody still uses Incantus, my work on v0.7.1b isn't going to waste!
MageKing17
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Incantus