It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 00:06

Text Size

What do your usernames mean?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: What do your usernames mean?

Postby Brandon822 » 24 Sep 2010, 07:42

I have used this username about five years in different places. I don't remember why I chose it, but it's easy to pronounce for everybody(I think) and simple so that's why I kept it. Usually it's already taken so I add some numbers at the end.
Brandon822

Postby 0rion79 » 25 Sep 2010, 09:13

My one comes from the Metallica song "Orion", which had a very cool groove at least for me in my youth and has been of inspiration for some of the music that I write.
Also, it is a character from Saint Seya anime (Knights of Zodiac, in UK/USA maybe) and I like the myth behind the constellation of Orion the hunter.
0rion79

Postby thedrigo » 27 Sep 2010, 03:30

Actually, mine is just a nickname an old girlfriend's brother-in-law used to call me. My real name is Rodrigo (I'm Guatemalan) but when you say it with an American accent, saying TheDrigo sounds really similar to Rodrigo. It's pretty silly... :lol:
thedrigo

Postby decker » 28 Sep 2010, 17:59

My username is unrelated to the 'deck of cards' one could think of.

When created my first email account in 1995, I knew of the roleplaying game called Shadowrun, in that world people that used the 'Matrix' were called deckers because they used 'cyberdecks', kind of keyboard+modems connected to their brains...

So as I was becoming a internet user, in a sense I was becoming a 'decker', I could have gone for 'netrunner' as in the other game called Cyberpunk 2020, but I guess I found 'decker' cooler at the time !

http://www.boronk.de/SHADOWRUN/Decker.jpg
decker

Postby Cognis » 28 Sep 2010, 19:27

Completely unrelated, but it seems to me that many entered their location. I thought that most users would be American but I can see that we're located all around the world, well around Europe and Americas as far as I can see.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Broolex » 01 Oct 2010, 03:55

My username, Broolex is a combination of my name (Bruno = Bru = Broo) and Lex from Lex Luthor, my real life nickname, because I`m very pale, shave my head and work in Warner Bros! :)
Broolex

Postby Gargaroz » 16 Jun 2011, 00:13

Whop, I missed this thread !
My nick comes from a song did by an italian band, "Elio e le Storie Tese" (Elio and the Troubled Stories). They're great musicians and play a sort of "melting-pot" rock, mixing almost all existing genres of music. They're also heavily influenced by Frank Zappa and Prog Rock and they're famous in Italy for their humorous / demented lyrics.

Check this video if you want to know more : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfSWskKu07k
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby jatill » 16 Jun 2011, 12:34

I have to admit, whenever I read your name, I think of Gargamel, the smurf-eating sorcerer.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 17 Jun 2011, 00:13

ROTFL ! Yeah, I almost forgot that !
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0