It is currently 23 May 2024, 13:08

Text Size

Server Down!

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Server Down!

Postby mathusalem » 25 Feb 2009, 08:50

....and I got the shocklands
:) ....most of them
mathusalem

Postby whelp » 25 Feb 2009, 10:13

hi,

finally googled for some alternate manalink forum ... hope the german server starts running soon, id wait a few more days - the coders deserve some holiday ;)
whelp

Postby jatill » 25 Feb 2009, 18:21

The good news:
I've got Thirst for Knowledge, Compulsive Research, Brainstorm, Mox Diamond, and Tooth and Nail working.

The bad news:
Magic.exe is very nearly out of space (room for 10 new cards, maybe). Hopefully someone figures out how to expand the size again.

Edit: Tooth and Nail only kinda works. I hate that card now.
Last edited by jatill on 25 Feb 2009, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 25 Feb 2009, 18:45

Harry Pitfall comes to the work people!!!! YES!!! Same pitfall...
About space for coding, i'll test a advanced tecnique that I found.

I can add a dll to 'import' list on the exe, this will make the exe load the dll into memory when the application starts. I can set the dll to load into a fixed address (most of the time, it will, a virtual address).
If this happens correct, i can just have a really big code section, with nops (lots of then, really LOTS of then...) than can be used to code, this will make eventually 'infinite' space for coding... I don't know if delphi assembler (aka basm - borland asm), can be used to direct code cards :/

procedure codeofavanillacard; asm; export;
xor eax, eax
ret
end;

if this became possible, part of the dll can be just recompiled with REAL assembler... :) making the coding a bit fast and possible...

otherwise, just a:

procedure codeholder; asm; export;
nop
nop
... 1 mb of nops
nop
end;

will make possible to edit the dll and put code like he did now...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 25 Feb 2009, 19:03

Let us know how your space adding test goes. Eitehr way, maybe when you post your next update, you can add more space in and tell me where to start putting my cards. Thanks.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 25 Feb 2009, 19:30

I add manalinkex.dll to import list (codesectionex procedure), i succefull add 2 megabytes of blank space in a dll to be used, i'm not sure if will work as expected, but I'll start some testings just now (like put some code in the dll and make the cards call this new address...)
The funny think is that you can add many dll you want :) or just rename this dll and add again and again...

ok, small test done and works... I add manalinkex.dll, this dll is loaded at $01001000 address, have 2 megabyte of blank spaces to be used to code, and the code is called normally by the cards... so, space isn't a problem anymore after this patch applied.
Also, I'll modify my editor, to understand that addresses start after $01000000 must works on manalinkex.dll instead magic.exe to decompile (hard part... indeed...)

Smile people, space to code isn't a problem anymore... I just need some time to tweak the tools!
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 25 Feb 2009, 20:03

yay, thanks Harry.
Did you mention something about being able to write things in C and them compiling them, since we are using an external dll?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 25 Feb 2009, 20:24

not really, but I code in basm (borland assembler), that is inside delphi and works as expected... I don't think that will work for calls or whatever :/

I'll update my editor to work with manalinkex.dll (dissassembler), after the next release of manalink (mine is the last of the old forum)...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby jatill » 25 Feb 2009, 20:28

HarryPitfall wrote:not really, but I code in basm (borland assembler), that is inside delphi and works as expected... I don't think that will work for calls or whatever :/

I'll update my editor to work with manalinkex.dll (dissassembler), after the next release of manalink (mine is the last of the old forum)...
Have you added cards since I posted the release with Sensei's Divining Top? If so, can you link to that release here. I never got it.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Draggamor » 25 Feb 2009, 20:29

Ok programmers and modders. I found some slots on Magic.Exe whe it keeps info about turns and steps.

I manage to make a (rather stupid) card, but the point is its the ability.

Talas Researcher 4U
creature
T: draw a card. use this ability during only your turn and only before attack.

I now can control in which step cards can be played! :)
Draggamor

Postby jatill » 25 Feb 2009, 20:57

Draggamor wrote:Ok programmers and modders. I found some slots on Magic.Exe whe it keeps info about turns and steps.

I manage to make a (rather stupid) card, but the point is its the ability.

Talas Researcher 4U
creature
T: draw a card. use this ability during only your turn and only before attack.

I now can control in which step cards can be played! :)
Nice job.
Can you post everything you learned here? I'll add it to my tutorial. Thanks.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby HarryPitfall » 25 Feb 2009, 21:23

Will be cool a card that you can play on second main, untapping your creatures and rewind to first main... :)
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 25 Feb 2009, 21:38

Ok,as I said I did some shocjlands (should have added them all, but since the forum was in limbo....+ I was on a new job...pretty time consuming.

about Sol kanar (since Jatill and harry pitfall are here :D
So right now Sol kanar is legendary and has swampwalk but you have to pay to gain some life
I tried to stick th throne of bone proc but it was more complexe than expected and coudn't be easily tweaked (from my point of view) what happened is that actually throne of bone cals another proc, which in turn calls two or three other procs, at that point I realised it was too risky for me to mess woth that.

now what I thouht is that actually Sol kanar only needed a very simple proc that basically said

Lifetotal = n
if blackspell = TRUE
then lifetotal = n + 1
end

as I fiddled with him I had to create a proc that is actually an exact copy of the original throne of bone proc, so if a proc has to be added i already has an adress and maybe we can just copy/paste some code.
the question is can somebody write that code.

subsidiary question, since you've added some card as well, what should I do with my exe : throw it down the toilet or post it here with the csv, the shocklands and my half Solkanar, and you take it from here ?
mathusalem

Postby HarryPitfall » 25 Feb 2009, 21:56

throne of bone, just call a GenericGain1LifePaying1ManaWhenParam4ColorSpellIsPlayed() procedure, passing playerid, cardid, eventcode, and 1 (1 = black)...
You need to copy that procedure, and make the part that checks if 1 mana is avaiable to always return 1 (eax = 1), and remove the part that spend 1 mana when resolves... (also, if we want to make the new gain effects of life, dragon claw, angel feather, this will be necessary).
I'm not good with trigger ability of this kind (they didn't use stack on the engine :/ blergh).

After the new version, I'll take control for some time, to apply akroma's memorial sleight fix and add manalinkex.dll support for extend the code section... if I have enough time, i need to code some bussiness things to my customers...
HarryPitfall
AI Programmer

Postby mathusalem » 25 Feb 2009, 22:24

HarryPitfall wrote:throne of bone, just call a GenericGain1LifePaying1ManaWhenParam4ColorSpellIsPlayed() procedure, passing playerid, cardid, eventcode, and 1 (1 = black)...
You need to copy that procedure, and make the part that checks if 1 mana is avaiable to always return 1 (eax = 1), and remove the part that spend 1 mana when resolves
That's just beyond me, sorry.

EDIT : I hould add that beside the CALL order inside the code the rest is like Chinese for me....an old form of chinese, ancient even more complex than the modern form....written by a sloppy writer.... a blind writer
Last edited by mathusalem on 25 Feb 2009, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
mathusalem

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0