It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 04:47

Text Size

Monop's Officially Dead Manalink Bug Compilation

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Monop's Official Manalink Bug Compilation 4-21-09 3:20 am

Postby jackthelad » 24 Jun 2009, 16:04

Ive found a bug with meekstone. Tapping it with icy doesnt seem to de-activate it. i tested it with some custom decks to make sure nothing else was going on, and my juggernauts failed to untap when the sole meekstone was tapped.

EDIT: Just found out that this is intentional!! 6th edition revised rules, right? My mistake. Please ignore!!
jackthelad

Postby whelp » 24 Jun 2009, 19:01

AI can search for creatures with crop rotation

sword of fire and ice triggers on damage done by opponent
whelp

Postby aww1979 » 24 Jun 2009, 21:48

jackthelad wrote:Ive found a bug with meekstone. Tapping it with icy doesnt seem to de-activate it. i tested it with some custom decks to make sure nothing else was going on, and my juggernauts failed to untap when the sole meekstone was tapped.

EDIT: Just found out that this is intentional!! 6th edition revised rules, right? My mistake. Please ignore!!
Yeah, that's one of the rules changes from awhile back. Apparently people were too dumb to read the rules and see that artifacts shut off when tapped, so they dumbed it down for people. /end bitter rant
aww1979
Tester

Postby 0rion79 » 25 Jun 2009, 09:43

Academic Rector makes the game to crash whenever it goes from play to graveyard
0rion79

Postby pec » 25 Jun 2009, 19:56

Using the one from 6/18.. it looks like mana burn no longer exists?
pec

Postby SEE » 25 Jun 2009, 20:06

pec wrote:Using the one from 6/18.. it looks like mana burn no longer exists?
Yeah. Effective July 11th of this year, the official Magic rules are being changed to eliminate mana burn, so Jatail went ahead and made the change.
SEE

Postby pec » 25 Jun 2009, 20:49

oh.. so not a bug at all sorry... and by the way.. the official rules get rid of mana burn? bizarre.. that blows my mind..

thanks man
pec

Postby EviL_CLonE » 27 Jun 2009, 16:45

- Somehow, AI can cast hybrid spells "for free", I suppose it has an option to cancel the dialog that asks to pay for the correct mana. It played Tattermunge Maniac and Stalker Hag several times during 3 or 4 games. I cannot. Also, Hybrid Spells are not affected by Trinisphere.

- Tidehollow Sculler is broken:
The card is in fact removed from the hand, but your hand size stills count it as if would be there. I.E: AI removed from my hand a Swords to Plowshares and my hand becomed zero cards because it was my only card. That's correct, but in the same turn, it casted a Gerrard's Verdict targeting me, and asking to discard 2 cards. As the action cannot be cancelled because you must discard the cards, the game couldn't continue and had to CtrlALtSupr.
AI can play RFG cards as if they where in its hand. I.E: I played Sculler and removed a Tribal Flames, but during its turn, AI casted its Tribal Flames and burned my Sculler, the result: Tribal Flames returned to its hand from the RFG zone AND it was put into its graveyard, since it played it from "its hand". First I thought that AI just was "lucky" and was topdecking Flames every time, but then I debuged to look at its hand and realized what was happening. It's curious, because I could only see 3 lands and a Goyf in AI's hand, but suddenly it casted a Tribal Flames "from the limbo" XD.

- (Not a bug but a suggestion): Lifelink is still cumulative, but WotC "New" rules say that it's not anymore (Like Trample, Flying and First Strike)... Could the "cumulative lifelink" be turned into a non-cumulative ability, to stay in tune with the official rules?

Note: Sculler and Hybrid bugs were tested several times, and every time I got the same results. I've been playing the whole afternoon since i'm with a flu or something like that. It's not Pig Flu, but you are safe in the other side of the PC screen anyway. I'm afraid that's a bug Jatill won't be able to repair XD.
EviL_CLonE

Postby aww1979 » 28 Jun 2009, 08:18

I can't point to a specific problem, but it seems like I've been crashing Magic a lot more lately, and I think it has something to do with Protean Hulk. It usually happens when I'm planning to have the Hulk die somehow, but before I've actually sacrificed it. Things like Recurring Nightmare when Hulk is around, the Hulk in combat, or other similar things seem to crash it every time now.

The only reason I think it's the Hulk is because it's always when I'm going to get my 6cc worth of creatures later that turn AARGH! It's also in one of my 499 card decks, so it's usually a different way each time that the Hulk has the potential to die, so it's not a specific combo. If this is true, it might mean that the bug I posted about Flash earlier is actually the Hulk, but I haven't tested Flash further yet.
aww1979
Tester

Postby jatill » 28 Jun 2009, 12:52

I've noticed that Momir almost always crashes with an error on the 2nd turn for my opponent. Anyone else seeing this?

Re: free hybrids
Are you sure you have the newest version? I think this was fixed in my last update.

Re: Crashes
If you get a crash, please list what kind of crash (game freeze, game exits, or you get a message and then the game freezes or exits). If there is a message, post it.

In a month or so I wouldn't mind circling around and fixing some bugs, but with the current condition of this bug list, it would be an impossible chore. I would need someone willing to verify each bug, and keep a new list. Is anyone up to the work? If not, have fun living with the bugs :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby stassy » 29 Jun 2009, 06:14

A moderator need to unstick this topic so someone else make another pinned thread about it
stassy

Postby aww1979 » 29 Jun 2009, 08:16

Refrained from killing AI until I got the cards to get a Hulk in play. Funny enough, the Hulk worked several times in a row, and it was actually an activation of Survival of the Fittest (not the first one) that produced the error in the picture, but it is exactly the same one, though the exact memory addresses might be different. There's usually a couple of them in a row, maybe 3 or 4, and then it just hangs in whatever phase it is with no dialog box to click on to move to another phase.

In earlier versions, I used to get those same boxes, but I could just click on them and they would go away with no noticeable effect that I could see, and I could keep playing as if they never happened. (used to happen with Arcbound Worker I think, and a few made around then)

EDIT: It's hard to read, but the box says:

Wrong parameters at address: 0x20162af

eax = 0x0
ecx = 0xffffffff

The next couple boxes had the same thing except different addresses. I didn't record them, sorry.
aww1979
Tester

Postby gmzombie » 29 Jun 2009, 22:50

i have played a few momir battles with no problems
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby jatill » 30 Jun 2009, 13:46

http://www.savefile.com/files/1997761

I think this fixes Hulk/Flash interaction, as well as Academy Rector. Let me know if you still have problems. Momir is still busted for me, though :(
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 01 Jul 2009, 20:21

Priest of titania seems to be causing a small "colored artfact bug", when she is in play green cards appear as playable even when they are not.
mathusalem

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0