It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:14

Text Size

Korath's Drawcardlib - Nail in the coffin of naff cardart

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Korath's Drawcardlib - Nail in the coffin of naff cardar

Postby stassy » 21 Jul 2013, 12:39

I extracted the new dll and dat from Korath op thread but the dat seems to be not updated as the text still has the wrong XY margin, I then tried to copy paste the new data lately posted in the Sonic dat file at the bottom but nothing was modable...need moar updated pack :P
stassy

Postby Sonic » 21 Jul 2013, 14:01

stassy wrote:I extracted the new dll and dat from Korath op thread but the dat seems to be not updated as the text still has the wrong XY margin, I then tried to copy paste the new data lately posted in the Sonic dat file at the bottom but nothing was modable...need moar updated pack :P
Korath is currently using the old modern templates without the card text banners to set up the dll (I assume as these are the templates most people not involved with development are using)- so the default dat file are setup for those. Give me a few hours and I'll update the archive with a new duel.dat file to match the new templates.
I'm currently fine tuning the symbols alignment on both the large and small card. I'll release the dat with the small card symbols set to off as per the default settings, though.

Hib wrote:Now it works. But how can I get rid of the expansion symbols?
Why would you?
Although, if you're concerned that the cards with long type text are currently having the end of the text obscured by the expansion symbol. Fear not - it won't be when all the alignments are finished. :)
Last edited by Sonic on 21 Jul 2013, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Sonic » 21 Jul 2013, 14:09

Aswan jaguar wrote:Wonderful the word!joy the feeling!
bye bye Gold.....eeeee for all =D>
Don't write off the gold card just yet - it only currently works for a few cards according to Karoth.

But it's pretty damn cool even so! :D
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby gmzombie » 21 Jul 2013, 19:42

If your sick of yellow as the activation here is my duel.dat file that i have perfected to my taste. here are some screenshots too. i changed some things around so they look better with some shadows Sonic check it out.
Attachments
Duel.rar
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
screenshot.10.jpg
screenshot.9.jpg
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Sonic » 21 Jul 2013, 20:06

OK I'm back. Sorry it's been so long.
Been busy... Having my a Cheshire cat grin tattooed on my face after hearing what Korath has planned for his 'little' Drawcardlib project.

Anyway, back to business - Alignment finished, time to give the addicts their next fix.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xcxoa ... atesV4.zip - I've included the dll this time.

Screenshots from happy people please.

EDIT: Sorry, should have mentioned. If you want to de/activate the expansion symbols for either the large or small card, look in the duel.dat file for:

ExpansionVisible = 1 - under either the [SmallCard] or [FullCard] sections of the file.
0 = Off, 1 = On.
Last edited by Sonic on 21 Jul 2013, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Sonic » 21 Jul 2013, 20:33

gmzombie wrote:If your sick of yellow as the activation here is my duel.dat file that i have perfected to my taste. here are some screenshots too. i changed some things around so they look better with some shadows Sonic check it out.
Looks a whole lot better :D.
Something not right, though.

In the upper pic - all the cards with a drop shadow are blue highlighted.
In the lower - on the players side, Ral Zarek and the lands in hand have drop shadows, which suggest they should be highlighted, but the text is still black. If you see what I mean.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby gmzombie » 21 Jul 2013, 20:37

yea i noticed that too but i didnt know how to fix it. It seems to be after a land is dropped for the lands in hand and when it goes to attack mode it does that for the non useable items?

edit: ive narrowed it down at least if i put a shadow on cards that can be activated then the shadows comes up on those cards but if i dont have it it looks good.here is a new one to try. only thing is blue colored able to use cards dont have a shadow..i dont know why it does what it does but it dont look bad.
Attachments
Duel.rar
(4.26 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 22 Jul 2013, 05:37

laptop 1024x768 on 4:3 15" screen

pc 1024x768 on 4:3 15" screen

pc 1920x1080 16:9 24"screen

There is to note that on 15" screen it's beginning to be quite hard to read all the text, will have to tweak font size a bit more to be acceptable
stassy

Postby Sonic » 22 Jul 2013, 17:01

stassy wrote:There is to note that on 15" screen it's beginning to be quite hard to read all the text, will have to tweak font size a bit more to be acceptable
Could you do me a favour then?

Could you go into the duel.dat file, alter the large card text font size parameters, and see how it works out. Although, if you have to increase the font size value more than 1 we may be in trouble. They’re both currently set to 12.

fontBigCardText = "Mplantin"
sizeBigCardText = 12
boldBigCardText = 0
fontBigCardText2 = "Times New Roman"
sizeBigCardText2 = 12
boldBigCardText2 = 0

A size of 13 works OK with the current ‘expand text box’ settings and the card with the largest physical sized text entry - Garruk Relentless - since we’ve now included the transformed face text as well.
A size of 14 pushes Garruk Relentless’ expanded text box above the frame boundary of the card. You’ll see what I mean if you try it.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Korath » 22 Jul 2013, 17:13

Also looks like you might benefit from turning on ClearType, so the fonts get antialiased. (Exactly how to do this varies gratuitously with your version of Windows.)

This is one of the things Snacko's pango-based rewrite would have gotten us automatically. As is, there isn't a way to force it on for just manalink; it has to use the system-wide setting.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Sonic » 22 Jul 2013, 20:32

Korath wrote:Also looks like you might benefit from turning on ClearType, so the fonts get antialiased. (Exactly how to do this varies gratuitously with your version of Windows.
Good piece of advice.

The easiest way to do it in XP is to download and install the ClearType Tuner PowerToy

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/Cle ... erToy.mspx
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 23 Jul 2013, 06:26

Ah right, I remember why I didn't activate Cleartype before : I didn't like the blurry effect on OS fonts :P

It makes the game clearly more readable with low resolution though, so I guess I can cope with it :pp

15" no cleartype size 13

15" no cleartype size 14

15" cleartype size 13

15" cleartype size 14

I think the last one is the best for me, even though Garruk is going to miss a few lines it won't kill my eyes any longer 8)
stassy

Postby Sonic » 23 Jul 2013, 21:06

stassy wrote:I think the last one is the best for me, even though Garruk is going to miss a few lines it won't kill my eyes any longer 8)
It doesn't miss lines - you'll be able to read the full expanded text for Garruk Relentless.
You just won't be able to get rid of the top of it after.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 24 Jul 2013, 05:05

Seems to be this bug only appear in the DeckEditor, which is not a big deal though, it doesn't during a game.

stassy

Postby stassy » 03 Aug 2013, 03:11

Thread locked for archive purpose, see the next thread here
stassy

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0