It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:50

Text Size

Hi from MTG Forge

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Hi from MTG Forge

Postby mtgrares » 26 May 2009, 16:15

Hi, I wanted to say that I really enjoyed drafting. I'm not that good at it but it was really fun (and I still won). I'm the author of mtgrares.blogspot.com and MTG Forge. Shandalar is the reason why I wrote MTG Forge in the first place. I had such a great time with it that I wanted to use more newer cards.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Hi from MTG Forge

Postby grizox657 » 28 May 2009, 00:29

Hey I was wondering if you had any future plans of seperating the sets for drafting? (i.e. allowing the user to select certain blocks or single base sets or expansions to draft from? Other than that I liked mtg forge, especially with implementation of the planeswalkers :D
grizox657

Postby tiger » 28 May 2009, 06:32

You people should definitely join forces somehow :)
tiger

Postby mtgrares » 28 May 2009, 17:56

The reason MTG Forge doesn't divide up the card sets for drafting is because MTG Forge only has around 20 cards for any one set. We are working on adding more cards so you could draft cards from just that set. I do enjoy using planeswalkers and I'm glad MTG Forge has them. MTG Forge has some problems with planeswalkers but generally they work well.

You can change which cards are drafted by running the file "run-set-editor.jar" which changes common.txt, uncommon.txt, and rare.txt where the card names are read from. You can create your own "custom draft set" using MTG Forge's 1,600 cards.

MTG Forge also has a quest mode which is similar to Shandalar. You start with a few cards and then you win more. There is no card shop, you just get more cards after you win or lose a certain number of matches. MTG Forge's quest mode is only menu based, so in that aspect it is much different.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to ManaLink 3.0