It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:26

Text Size

jatill semi-retirement thread

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: jatill semi-retirement thread

Postby MalkolmX » 18 Jun 2009, 04:33

Mostly alone you managed to turn a pre-historic game into something unique, you inserted some amazing features into the game, draft, avatars, cards that this game was never meant to support (ex: Yawgmoth's Will, Meddling Mage). You have done it all. I dunno if someone will continue to code new cards, i wish i had the knowledge to do so, but even if nobody does the "universe" you created must be enough to keep us busy for quite a while. Therefore, thanks for all your work and dedication to this game, and good luck in your live =D> =D> =D>
MalkolmX

Postby CirothUngol » 18 Jun 2009, 12:52

As I stated in my very 1st post on this Forum... if all development of Microprose's MtG stopped today, there'd already be enough added to keep me happy for years to come. Thank you so much for everything you've contributed toward the goal of making MtG Manalink live again. (We can build it Faster, Better, Stronger... ^_^)
Respect!
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby SEE » 18 Jun 2009, 19:52

jatill wrote:Personal Picks / Wishlist Cards:
[ . . . ]
Living Plane
Been beating my head on this.

Living Lands, Kormus Bell, Acid Rain, Flashfires, and Tsunami all call 4A65A0 with a basic land type constant to get the cards in play that match that. I can accordingly change any or all them all to target any other type of basic land by changing a single variable, but no matter what I do to that variable I can't target all lands. (Even repeating the code five times with each different basic land type won't work, because there are non-basic lands that need to be targeted.)

So I'm now comparing Armageddon to Acid Rain/Flashfires/Tsunami (both in their Magic.c and assembly forms) to try to figure out how to do the all lands thing.

Annoying part is that these do not work like Pit Scorpion or Marsh Viper, which have to do damage to deliver the counter; they work like Merchant Ship or Murk Dwellers, where the effect is caused by being unblocked. Unless somebody else implements these, though, they're my next target after Living Plane.
SEE

Postby mathusalem » 18 Jun 2009, 20:31

Nice to see someone new taking the glove.While I can't answer your questions, I wish you succeed in unraveling the arcanes of this game ! :)
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 19 Jun 2009, 12:04

SEE wrote:Living Lands, Kormus Bell, Acid Rain, Flashfires, and Tsunami all call 4A65A0 with a basic land type constant to get the cards in play that match that.
This is not correct, I think.

*(_DWORD *)(a1 + 56) = sub_4A65A0(a1, v6, v7, 3);

This sub takes in a land type and returns the 'Magical Hacked' land type.

So you could skip this sub entirely and Living Lands would still work.

Ex: *(_DWORD *)(a1 + 56) = 3;

The going through each land and checking for this type happens later.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby SEE » 19 Jun 2009, 22:37

Okay.
SEE

Postby mathusalem » 20 Jun 2009, 10:00

Careful that Living Plane should be Enchant world. Code has been added by Mok and should be visible in The Abyss, Concordant Crossroads and Storm World.
mathusalem

Postby SEE » 20 Jun 2009, 11:09

mathusalem wrote:Careful that Living Plane should be Enchant world.
Yeah, that's marked back in the SkyMagic Editor, card subtype entry. No problem.
SEE

Postby 0rion79 » 21 Jun 2009, 08:55

Hello, I would like to notify that, under Jatill's request, I've just re-uploaded the 2 versions of CSV file (normal and with special filters to group non-basic lands together, by ability).
The news are that it has ALL cards that have been ranked with a special order that goes from 0 to 200.

For sure, I've seen such abominations as Hur Jackal with 200 and Sol Ring at 30 :p
Hope that now it shall go better... it is an almost-definitive release and that, if Jatill will make any new change, *probably* it will be only to the exe+dll and not to the CSV.
0rion79

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0