It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:43

Text Size

pach dragons tarkir?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

pach dragons tarkir?

Postby danioteloo » 04 Jun 2015, 06:43

please

Moved to proper section by stassy
danioteloo

Re: pach dragons tarkir?

Postby stassy » 04 Jun 2015, 12:59

When it's done :p (though the hype is more currently focused on Shandalar 2015)
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Jun 2015, 14:37

Unfortunately,I don't see that coming in the following few months at least.Gargaroz is fully occupied with his music label and is not going to develop Manalink for the following months at least,Korath decided to give new breath to Shandalar so we are out of developers for the time being. :(

Cons and Pros of working on Manalink 3 (from a non-developer):

- Cons: Manalink is very difficult to work with,without the source code and it's engine limitations due to the fact that engine is so old and works under pre 6th edition rules and written in ASM.Further there are a lot of hacks/not well or at all documented all over the place that if I understood correctly discouraged Korath to work further on Manalink and work on Shandalar that is untouched.

+ Pros: Korath and Gargaroz have tied things up last few years,and moved a lot of functions from the exe into C.Card code was already in C and if new abilities WOTC introduces aren't way too crazy then mostly can be implemented and supported with reasonable approximations - project has gone so far cards wise last few years with our devs being so skilful and thinking out of the box managing to provide us with cards that were thought as un-codeable 4-5 years ago.It provides quite a challenge to work under difficulties and reverse engineer piece by piece the exe and move things into C as this was what Korath was doing and what all devs agreed was the way forward for the project and that would solve a lot of problems and easier to work with.But the latter(reverse engineer,fully understand how functions work and then safely move them into C) seems to be very challenging and for both experienced well organised & talented devs.

I could be wrong or missing important elements on my pros,cons list.

So, Developers wanted to continue developing one of the best games ever made and with people playing it and attracted to it and back to it from time to time since the very distant 1997!!!

I can promise future devs one thing only that we still have a very talented and dedicated tester/bug-hunters team that tries to help as much as possible and have gathered for you 10 pages of bugs around 500 to work with!Currently on the pits warming up the tires till a dev steps up to bring the sports car to us.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 04 Jun 2015, 15:32

i wondered why i didnt see an update and that is perfectly acceptable too. we all have a real life we have to work with. hmm i wish there was a program like the old card editor again. i know now its impossible i believe but it would probably help with the lack of coders if there was a cut and paste type of program that would at least allow us to code some of the cards that we have abilities already coded for..just a thought
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to ManaLink 3.0