It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:19

Text Size

Just want to know about your best control deck

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Just want to know about your best control deck

Postby counterspell15 » 14 Jun 2015, 11:18

Hello friends,

I am looking for new ideas to build the best control deck possible to have successfull against Manalink 3.0 decks. I see that a lot of them have mox, black lotus and they are very strong. I just want to know about your best decks in terms of wins. Thank you.
counterspell15

Re: Just want to know about your best control deck

Postby quatrocentos-e-vinte » 15 Jun 2015, 21:38

quatrocentos-e-vinte
Programmer

Postby counterspell15 » 21 Jun 2015, 15:45

Thank you for sharing your deck. I will check it carefully.

I am currently working in a Stasis deck. I just want to know your opinion and ideas to improve this deck:

4 Serra Avenger
4 Blind Obedience
4 Rest in Peace
3 Enlightened Tutor
4 Energy Field
4 Stasis
4 Counterspell
4 Deprive
2 Psychic Barrier
2 Negate
3 Unsummon
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Tundra
14 Island

Thank you.
counterspell15

Postby quatrocentos-e-vinte » 24 Jun 2015, 20:01

Well... that seems like a deck that would probably win against most Manalink decks (played by Manalink's AI), so it probably doesn't need much improvement anyway ;)

Nevertheless, here are some ideas to consider:

1) It might be unnecessary to have the two combo locks (Stasis + Blind Obedience, along with Energy Field + Rest in Peace), particularly if you are packing Enlightened Tutors to fetch for the pieces you need (though, yeah.. I guess redundancy can be good too);

2) I'd swap the Unsummon by some card that can also bounce the Stasis back to your hand, if needed (like Boomerang or Echoing Truth);

3) I'd probably swap the Psychic Barrier and possibly the Negate by Arcane Denial (underlying logic: you drawing cards is good, to try to get lands to pay for Stasis or something to bounce it... opponent drawing cards is irrelevant if he is locked or about to fall into the lock... also, it's easier to cast than Psychic Barrier and more versatile than those two counterspells); the Deprive I would swap out too, if they weren't so useful to bounce Stasis back into your hand;

4) The land count might be a bit too low (maybe adding some Flooded Plains wouldn't hurt), but that's something that you should determine by playtesting anyway;

5) The Serra Avenger idea is nice, and I like it, but it might not be the most efficient kill condition... running zero creatures is often better than running a single creature, since it invalidates all of opponent's creature removal cards (i.e. card advantage in a control deck == good)... this deck could just as well run a pair of Elixir of Immortality as "kill condition" (if you like neverending Manalink duels, that is :P).

Good deck, though ;)
quatrocentos-e-vinte
Programmer

Return to ManaLink 3.0