It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:24

Text Size

misunderstanding about work on AI

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

misunderstanding about work on AI

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 28 Mar 2017, 04:20

I see you're working on the AI for the program, that's great!
Mind you, that probably means it'll start stomping me a lot more now, but it'll be more interesting to see the AI not use up all it's mana activating mishras factories.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 30 Mar 2017, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topics have been split from patches forum-can't download new patch forum
Friendsofsandwiches

Re: LATEST PATCH CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED/DELETED

Postby Aswan jaguar » 28 Mar 2017, 05:49

Friendsofsandwiches wrote:I see you're working on the AI for the program, that's great!
Mind you, that probably means it'll start stomping me a lot more now, but it'll be more interesting to see the AI not use up all it's mana activating mishras factories.
You have mistaken this with another mtg program probably, perhaps xmage?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 28 Mar 2017, 09:08

Currently working on updating missing & wrong Manalink.ct_all values for AI.
- Long term update all missing & wrong values in Manalink.csv mainly & (maybe)Manalink.ct_all

That's on your sig?

Also I take it a certain youtuber is perma removed?
Friendsofsandwiches

Postby Aswan jaguar » 28 Mar 2017, 12:32

The vast proportion of the work I have done and keep doing affects only sealed and only the way AI evaluates cards to make decks.Not how to play those cards or evaluate them in actual game which is a developers task and can't be done by filling missing entries or correcting wrong entries. (And the worst is that sealed game is mostly broken).

I only helped a little with important values that tell AI when to play/activate a card ( and always within the limitations of the engine and the limitation of the values that can be edited through file editing).

Anyway by the message in my signature and without you knowing enough about Manalink you were right to make that assumption. ;)
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 28 Mar 2017, 20:21

Yeah, it seems to me the only way one could make an effective AI would be to make an actual flowchart based around specific cards and the deck itself in the cardfile. Which... would require a rework of the engine to utilize it.
Sometimes the Duels AI can be tricky and even semi smart, especially on some counterspell decks.
And then it totally borks itself by using activation it doesn't need.
(reactivating mishras or pumping something. Rainbow knights being the worst offender I can think of. Although it's gotten better, it won't leave mana vault tapped all the time now if it has loose mana)

I think the overall problem with Duels and any other magic simulator program is just the raw amount of card mechanics and permutations that are out there.
That said, keeping up with just bugged cards that don't work like they originally intended helps at least keep it somewhat fair.

That said, I hope you guys keep working on the systems and offer some more updates for Duels as well as manalink as time permits.
Friendsofsandwiches

Return to ManaLink 3.0