It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:36

Text Size

Read and Comment Help Please

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Read and Comment Help Please

Postby Asmodeus » 23 May 2017, 19:05

Greetings I have been looking for a way to introduce this wonderfull game to my comunity for weeks and after a lot of googling around I finally found this forum. I was Initially searching for a way to play Magic the Gathering 2015 or Magic Duels Origins cracked on LAN with all cards and deck builder features present/unlocked but as I read a few posts around here I found out that this Manalink Project is probably what i was looking for.
It is my strongest wish to finally be able to play Magic Duels with all it has to offer with my friends and even more should the circunstances favor it. I am completely new to this stuff, completely ignorant, have read some post and comments around here and got a general idea but the thing is my internet conection is limited VERY limited and it costs, A LOT so every second counts. Dont have the time to really read everything on the topic and conduct a search so I figured it would be better to make this post.
I have a lot of doubts and questions like. -What exaclty is this Manalink stuff? (Yes I read it was an abandoned project from Microprose that has been taken over and continued by different programmers and improved ever since and the Wizards of the coast Duels of the PlaneWalkers is based on Microprose´s work) besides i have seen that the names of the expansions are the same but I am still not sure.

Anyways be Microprose´s or Wizard´s I dont care I guess whe are refering to the same game with the same cards... Or not?

As I said no time for researching so if anyone here could please offer me fresh working links (yes fresh and working cause some of the links I checked around here are broken especially te mediafire ones) to where to download this Manalink Project most up to date version with everything that requires to work properly in most Win 10 modern PCs (expansions and mods included) so that I can share it with my friends and comunity to finally play MAgic Duels properly with a complete card database and full deckbuilder features or to resume the version you guys are probably using to play and build your own deck.
Thanks wouldnt be enough to express my gratitude and the gratitude of the hundredes maybe even thousands that would benefit from this...
Even better if any of you could upload an already configured ready to play .exe or folder to a zippyshare or MEGA site (direct download sites only no torrents please) that would be even better and cannot begin to even thank you enough, A quick tutorial of what am I to expect or how to work things how to run the program etc wouldnt be bad either.
HAve in mind that my aim is to play with friends on a LAN if the program requires internet conection or online accounts, stuff like that it doesnt work for me/us but I think based on what I have read so far that it doesnt and I can play on LAN easily.

I pray so I can find the answer to my prayers here...

PD:Sorry if my English is bad, havent used it in years, but I trust my message is clear....
Asmodeus

Re: Read and Comment Help Please

Postby Aswan jaguar » 24 May 2017, 05:35

Hello, Asmodeus Manalink3.0 doesn't meet your needs, no multiplayer here.Your best try from the programs I know would be the xmage program that supports multiplayer and may work on a lan or ask the developers there and they may be willing to make it work on a lan: viewforum.php?f=70
Anyway here is a list of most MTG programs we have in this site and what they do maybe there is also another one that fulfils your needs: https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/List_of_MTG_Engines
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Asmodeus » 25 May 2017, 18:54

But what about this post?
https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Mult ... r_Internet
Thanks for your informative answer anyways I still would like to access the software Any working download links I can use?
Asmodeus

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 May 2017, 19:07

Manalink supported only 1 vs 1 player and not multiplayer and 1 vs 1 is so bugged in Manalink 3.0 that is not playable.Only Manalink2.0 very early versions were more or less playable.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Asmodeus » 05 Jun 2017, 17:10

I see well thanks for the info...
Any alternative you would recomend??
Asmodeus

Return to ManaLink 3.0