It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:50

Text Size

My2000 - A custom set editor: version 1.1

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: My2000 - A custom set editor: version 1.1

Postby jatill » 12 Apr 2010, 12:37

It sounds reasonable
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby DanDaMan14erfan » 03 Jun 2010, 04:31

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and first want to thank everyone who worked on extending this great game. You've done a brilliant job.

I've just downloaded the My2000 editor and have got everything working as it should, but can't figure how I'm still missing some of my favorite cards. What I mean is, there are hundreds of cards that don't appear in the library in the editor. I'm talking mostly older cards, especially quirky stuff like Storm Cauldron or Polymorph or Malignant Growth. I looked all over the forums for info on this, but everything seems geared either toward the newest updates or generating your own custom cards.

Is it possible to simply download older sets, and swap in those cards in the editor? If not, what should I be doing instead?

-Thanks-
DanDaMan14erfan

Postby aww1979 » 03 Jun 2010, 04:55

As far as I know, the three example cards you list have never been coded by anyone. (but were planned at some point, and abandoned due to time or difficulty; likely time, as those cards look similar enough to existing ones to be doable)

Thus, it is no surprise that you can't find them; they aren't there :p As a test to whether you have the newest edition, look for Wall of Omens, it was included in the most recent patch, and this should give you all cards coded up to that point.
aww1979
Tester

Postby monopoman » 04 Jun 2010, 21:21

It is like pulling teeth adding new cards to this thing unless there is an extremely similar card somewhere else. You can't just "put them in" unless you have a vast knowledge of C++ I believe that allows you to program them yourself.

So far the only person to add cards to the game in the last 6+ months is Jatill.

The editor does NOT have every card in it perhaps someday it will have most but for now not even close.
monopoman

Postby shiduba » 20 Jun 2010, 18:41

Hey can you guys help me? I'm trying to install Custom Set Editor but there comes up some error with expsrv.dll and the installation stops at 9%. It says that some program is using the file. What can this problem be?
shiduba

Postby Tyranix95 » 20 Jun 2010, 21:54

Hi,

Need Help with Picts:

I used My2000 to add Recall, The Fallen, and Mindstab Thrull to ManalinkC.CSV & MagicCustom.EXE.

And, I added the corresponding card artwork in jpg format with game ID # for each into the cardartnew, cardartCust, and cardartLim folders.

So, in the editors, all the card pictures and game code correspond.

But, when I launch Magic.exe, MagicCustom.exe, MagicLimited.exe; something odd happens:

1. Recall does not appear in the game;
2. The Fallen does has a card but does not have a picture; and,
3. Mindstab Thrull has a card and a picture.

In a test deck, both Mindstab Thrull and The Fallen play correct.

I can also see cards without pictures for other cards from The Dark such as: 1. Dance of Many, 2. Dust to Dust, 3. Safe Haven, 4. Nameless Race, 5. Frankensteins' Monster etc.

So, any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

I tried deleting and replacing the card art with no success.

Thanks.
Tyranix95

Postby Tyranix95 » 21 Jun 2010, 02:33

Hi,

Update: I just solved the missing cardart problem.

I found coresponding cardart from an earlier manalink distribution and put it into the cardart* file folders.

Now, all the The Dark cards that were missing card art now have corresponding card art.

Seems to me that the *.Exes may not like *.jpg art from MWS MTG Tiny Crops Expansion Sets.
Tyranix95

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0