It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:17

Text Size

How to eliminate card sets from the game

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

How to eliminate card sets from the game

Postby subhuman777 » 19 Mar 2018, 02:37

I'm trying to relive the golden age of MTG and I wanted to have cards through Urza's Destiny. Is there an easy way to limit or eliminate sets of cards in Manalink 3.0? I saw older patches, but the links to download were dead.

I appreciate any input, it's very cool to see that this game lives on!
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 19 Mar 2018, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I moved it to proper general forum frompatches which is only for patches and related.
subhuman777

Re: How to eliminate card sets from the game

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Mar 2018, 12:49

If you want to have as many cards as possible from those sets you are better of with Manakink 3.0 . You will need to do some work though. The only way I know is to edit Manalink.csv which is located in magic updater. Probably there is another way easier but I am not a developer to help you.

This is for duels, gauntlet, draft,...NOT for shandalar = adventure part of the game . See * for shandalar.
In Manalink.csv there is a column named coded card (all coded cards are set as 1 and the not coded as 0).
1- If you go and filter the sets you don't want(which are in other columns) and do that set by set as I don't know if you can filter more than 1 columns and then change 1 to 0 in the coded card column, you will eliminate the cards and so sets from the game.
2- Then you need to save Manalink.csv of course.
3- You have to run Magic_updater.bat which is in magic updater folder.
4- When above bat finishes go to updated_files folder copy all files in there and put them in your main magic folder replacing the existent.

* For shandalar things are easier as you can edit shandalar.ini under [Sets] and put the sets you don't want to be loaded there. It is explained there how to do it and lots of options.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to ManaLink 3.0