It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:31

Text Size

Sealed Deck question

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Sealed Deck question

Postby Nekradamus » 01 Apr 2021, 16:59

First post here, so hello everybody and thank you for the incredible job you did on this game =D> .

I live in Swiss and I play Magic since Revised, yes I'm quite old, but still young inside. :mrgreen:

Before to post my question I tried to search cause I'm sure someone else has already asked, but I wasn't able to find anything usefull.

I like the Sealed Deck format and I wonder if it possible to add additional starter decks/boosters to this format.

Thx in advance for your replies.
Nekradamus

Re: Sealed Deck question

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Apr 2021, 05:50

You can choose which sets or blocks up to 6 if I remember correctly you want to have by changing Manalink.scv which is located in magic.updater file. It is not included in updates and so you have to ask for it.
You should read this thread which should has everything you need to know for sealed:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10760&hilit=sealed
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Nekradamus » 02 Apr 2021, 07:32

Aswan jaguar wrote:You can choose which sets or blocks up to 6 if I remember correctly you want to have by changing Manalink.scv which is located in magic.updater file. It is not included in updates and so you have to ask for it.
You should read this thread which should has everything you need to know for sealed:
Great, thx your quick reply.

I'll study the thread even if it seems to be 'abandoned' by almost 4 years.

Just in case, to whom/where I should ask for the magic.updater file?

P.S. I had to remove the link on the quote since the system recognized my post as spam #-o
Nekradamus

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Apr 2021, 09:31

Aswan jaguar wrote:Just in case, to whom/where I should ask for the magic.updater file?
I will attach it or upload it in few hours. Nothing changed to sealed status since
then.
Keep in mind you will edit the file manually and have sealed work better however this will last only till you update to next patch as your edited files will be overwritten. So either you keep an installation for sealed and another for new updates or if/when you update you re-edit Manalink.csv.
Edit:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xz8ymk5c ... r.rar/file
1- Edit the appropriate column in Manalink.csv and save as you learned in the topic about Sealed.
2- Run magic_udater.bat
3- Cut The files that will be created in updated_files and paste them in main program overwriting the old ones. You may want to save the files that will be overwritten in case something is wrong.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 02 Apr 2021, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited - add link-info
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Nekradamus » 02 Apr 2021, 14:46

many many many thanks.

I'll try.
Nekradamus

Return to ManaLink 3.0