It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:11

Text Size

Game doesn't shuffle deck right

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Game doesn't shuffle deck right

Postby mogymog » 26 Jul 2021, 23:29

So hi.. a few months back I downloaded the March 2021 version and was playing and started noticing odd things in my deck when playing the Magic.exe version in decks against AI opponent's. The AI shuffles their deck's fine, with real shuffling. Were as my deck is shuffled half-arsed. Like after it's shuffled and I use debug to look at it. It'll have like card AAA, CCC, 20 lands in a row, FFF, GGG.. and things like that. No real shuffling like you'd expect a shuffled deck to be. Makes it really hard to play or enjoy when you cant do things half the time cause the deck cant be shuffled right. I've even tried using shuffle cards like Demonic Tutor and they did nothing to fix it. In fact, it showed the animation but didnt shuffle at all.

So, is this some kind of bug.. or just something that happens? Is there some way to fix it? Or, is just to sucks but thats just how it is?
mogymog

Re: Game doesn't shuffle deck right

Postby Korath » 27 Jul 2021, 00:37

The way to fix it is to not use the debugging command that sorts and shows your library.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby mogymog » 01 Aug 2021, 06:19

Finnally got back to replying.. but oh that's cute. But perhaps I could get help from someone that can read? Since you apperntly didn't read my post? Also without using debug, it has the same issues. A large amount of time, it feels like decks don't get shuffled right, or are skewed in some weird way.
mogymog

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Aug 2021, 13:22

Go to your config.txt look for the following line and select 0 as it is below and not 1 like I believe you have.
Code: Select all
// Alphabetize your deck any time you look at it.
AlphabetizeDeck:0
This is what Korath was in fact saying.

If after this you still find issues please attach a savegame the turn this happens, and say specifically expected behavior and real one.

EDIT @drool66 please with next update restore this config.txt option to 0 so it works as it is supposed and not with the "test mode" to alphabetize deck that serves less people and is a "bug".
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 01 Aug 2021, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add edit
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby drool66 » 01 Aug 2021, 14:52

Links are updated with this change. Mogymog, please try to be more polite in the future, especially to people who are trying to help you. Thank you.
drool66
Programmer

Return to ManaLink 3.0