It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:56

Text Size

Contribute with coding new cards

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Contribute with coding new cards

Postby etphonehome » 01 Jan 2023, 13:26

HI

I was interested in trying to add new cards to Manalink.

Recently i created more than 700 cards to DOTP 2014 and patched hundreds of wrongly coded cards (in LUA), but DOTP 2014 has just too many problems to motivate me to continue.

I was interested in trying to code cards for Manalink.

Can you instruct me how to do it (give me the environment needed and a pratical example to code one)?

The tutorials are outdated.

I think this is important to get people involved with Manalink.

I could code, test and send the cards made back to you!

THX and a good 2023!
etphonehome

Re: Contribute with coding new cards

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Jan 2023, 14:40

It is a little difficult
etphonehome wrote:The tutorials are outdated.
I think this is important to get people involved with Manalink.
I totally agree but it involves a bit of work and anyone that will do that has to have it fresh in memory and also find the time to do it (while he will be so much more interested to code) to be able to give a proper guide.
So far drool66 and FastEddie the last two people who were thinking to do such a thing after they managed to create a proper development environment didn't manage to do it. As for me I have not a proper development environment (it is also very old causing issues) also I am not able to build everything to be able to help others, also I have forgot most of the steps I did back then.

Ask drool66 via pm to give you the updated source files. The source files are not included in public release. Then you can see the code and coding issues we have to deal with. If you have followed the bug reports thread then you already know some of the problems we have to deal with. Then if you are still interested, which I really, really hope you do as we need and welcome any help we can get, then ask drool66 or FastEddie (who is not available lately though) to help you get a proper coding environment so you can build what you do, and be able to test your changes and cards. Then me or drool66 can help and import your work on git repository as only Korath can give you access to it and he is not around for some months now.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Jan 2023, 08:12

Welcome to Manalink development etphonehome. We are really glad to have you here. =D> :D
Maybe now that you have the process fresh on your mind you can make the guide how to establish Manalink3.0 development environment, and how to code new cards. ;)
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby etphonehome » 15 Jan 2023, 15:20

HI

Hi Aswan Jaguar.

The process was noteasy one and it took a lot of trial and errors.

I can probabky try to create a new programing environment in a new computer and see if i can get it to work.

Well, i'm not a programmer, probably like you, i just like to play a bit with creating games and some programs i need (I'm a Healtcare Professional).

I usually use visual programming, but the basic concepts are still the same.

If i can create a new evironment i can try to write a quick guide for others to follow.

THX
etphonehome

Return to ManaLink 3.0