It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:59

Text Size

Help whit Manalink to reduce cards

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Help whit Manalink to reduce cards

Postby bbypka » 16 Nov 2023, 18:46

I am Spanish and I don't speak English, so I use a translator, I'm sorry if there are things that are not understood very well.

Hello, how are you, first of all, thank you for the work that many of you do, thanks to you thousands of people are enjoying Magic the Gathering in Spanish, a while ago I translated the version of Cirothungol into Spanish along with a manalink 3.0 (I imagine it was an old version), the thing is that I was able to do it through Magic updater with a csv file that I could edit (I translated the cards that I used shandalar alone and the rest were named none so I could ignore them), unfortunately that Manalink has stopped working in Windows 10, so I proposed to use the new version that you have here March 2020 that does work in Windows 10.

The issue is that it is impossible for me (using the magic updater) to do so, I have a csv edited with the lines of the original cards that Shandalar uses, from line 1 to line 953 translated, the lines with cards from 953 to line 122XX extra that did not come in the original game I have them edited as NONE in the name, it is the only way Magic Updater would admit the file and generate the cards files and so on, since if I delete those lines (NONE) the Magic Updater The file does not support me.

So, could someone tell me how I should do it to get a csv with only the lines of the original letters (up to 953) so that Manalink only uses those letters? Should I modify any more files? The intention is to be able to play against the machine (games, tournaments) but only using the cards that Shandalar originally brings in Spanish.

The ultimate goal? Being able to play Duels and Tournaments only with the same Shandalar cards translated into Spanish (I'll take care of the csv translation of course), can anyone help me?
bbypka

Re: Help whit Manalink to reduce cards

Postby Aswan jaguar » 17 Nov 2023, 14:03

You can edit the CODED CARD column changing 1 to 0 for the cards you don't want, so the game uses only the cards you want. Then make your changes only to those cards.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby bbypka » 19 Nov 2023, 13:34

Thanks for the help, but i must be very clumsy, but if I change the CODEC CARD column to 0 for the cards I don't want, Magic.exe stops working.
bbypka

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Nov 2023, 14:32

bbypka wrote:but i must be very clumsy, but if I change the CODEC CARD column to 0 for the cards I don't want, Magic.exe stops working.
I tried to find out what breaks things, I did some tests with some cards that the game may want to stay coded, but failed. So you are not clumsy, the method simply doesn't work.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby bbypka » 20 Nov 2023, 16:04

Thanks for checking it.
bbypka

Return to ManaLink 3.0