It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:05

Text Size

Ridiculous things you've done in Manalink 2.0

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Ridiculous things you've done in Manalink 2.0

Postby aww1979 » 06 Feb 2011, 05:14

Anybody who has read my posts knows I like playing oversized decks against the AI. While doing so, I was (as might be expected) getting my ass handed to me, and was in danger of losing. I had a Hell's Caretaker in play, but kept chumping AIs Sengir Vampire with flyers that I was recurring. Then I got Hermit Druid and dumped a couple dozen cards into my graveyard. The next two cards I got back with Hell's Caretaker were Ancestor's Chosen (for like 80 life) and Lord of Extinction. I don't think I've ever seen a game look that bad turn around so quickly... Needless to say, the AI was quickly pummeled by Lord of Extinction :p
aww1979
Tester

Postby shinra » 14 Feb 2011, 15:09

Yesterday, on a Net play with a friend

Next turn I will die
10 lifes, in play 2x Vine Trellis and 6 Forest, in hand 3x Berserk, 2x Instill Energy (draw with Fecundity last turn), 1 Birds of Paradise, 1 Llanowar Elves, 1 Channel. Draw Phase: Colossus of Sardia!

Play Channel for 9 colorless, 1 life left
Play Instill on Colossus, Combat Phase 3 Berserk and win :)

Here the screenshot!!

shinra

Postby Salbei » 20 Feb 2011, 00:49

I was toying around with Contagion Engine.

few turns later ...
Image[/URL]
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 20 Feb 2011, 00:58

Oh man I just laughed so hard when I saw that Tangle Wire... that is the definition of epic win :p
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 20 Feb 2011, 01:08

Well i just wanted to test JTM´s Ultimate ability since i never used it before...this was just a byproduct :P (p.s. it works! )

Used it twice that game just for fun :)
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 20 Mar 2011, 22:34

Got bored and wanted to toy around with Haze of Rage.
Build a REALLY whacky deck with it.... don´t ask me why i chose Vulshok Sorceror as the killing option :lol:

This is the result:

Used Isochron Scepter with Manamorphose a couple times with Voltaic Key and drew into Haze of Rage ... then casted Helm of Awakening plus Seething Song ´s and Buybacked Haze of Rage a couple times. The final spellcount was 14.

and now something weird that i never seen before ... the Sorceror attacking causing to "stretch" the attack screen.

It is a fun card. Well my deck was quite bad, i should have just used Kobolds or something and maybe Summoners Pact. Another version had Empty the Warrens in it, but it crashed the game a few times when the spellcount was too high.
Attachments
haze.rar
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby HornofAmmon » 06 Apr 2011, 02:58

Oooh, ooh I got one. A minute ago, playing the There Can Only be One Challenge with a total of two basic lands in my deck, activating Hermit Druid, having the game freeze, and having it hang forever. Thinking it crashed, I come over here to read this thread. Then when I alt-tab back it actually didn't crash, and I have a 29/29 Terravore. Yay!
HornofAmmon

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Apr 2011, 00:23

Yup, HornofAmmon, that things happens when you're "milling" a large quantity of cards ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby HornofAmmon » 08 Apr 2011, 03:15

Well, not so much ridiculous as ridiculously newb - I add Summoner's Pact to my "There is only one" deck. The large font allows me to read only the first two paragraphs of the card .. hmm what a nice cantrip I think.

Fast forward to game 7 of the challenge, Summoner's Pact is right in my starting hand. Cast it on my first turn feeling smart. Interesting, it has a holdover effect ... wonder what that is ... faaaaaaail.
HornofAmmon

Postby hoschiadedodi » 23 Apr 2011, 00:33

I built a deck that I call "the wormhole" using Time Sieve and Thopter Assembly to have unlimited turns.
Image Image

You just have to spent the 6 mana each round to cast the Thopter Assembly (and make sure it is the only thopter you cast).
hoschiadedodi

Postby hoschiadedodi » 23 Apr 2011, 12:26

Today, Fastbond, Meloku the Clouded Mirror and an a land resulted into unlimited 1/1 creatures. To deal with the damage I used Ali from Cairo but also had Soul Warden and High Tide in combination with a Circle of Protection: Green in my deck. The rest consisted of nice cards with landfall and a Keldon Warlord.
If you combine this with cards like Lotus Cobra, Heartbeat of Spring, Mana Flare, etc. you have unlimited mana too.
hoschiadedodi

Postby Salbei » 27 May 2011, 10:58

3 Dark Tutelage and 4 Dark Confidants xD

Basilisk Collar + Ivory Tower keep me alive while Oversold Cemetery return the Creatures that die to my own Black Suns Zenith.

Fun stuff.

---

I am toying with " Chain Reaction " here.

before:

after:

The Hydras gain too many counters as it seems.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Althuna » 26 Jul 2011, 01:24

I do weird stuff all the time in this game, it's a lot of fun, I prefer to play for fun trying to make weird decks work, rather than just making something that is unbeatable.

My weird deck of the moment is a Meddling Mage deck that exploits a few other cards like Rite of Replication.. It's purely for fun, but still the deck actually rarely loses.

This wasn't the funniest example, sometimes it's far better. Basically you use telepathy and bribery to see their hand and their library and you make note of their cards. You use some wall of denial, white removal, bounce and counters, to survive the first several turns.

Then you start building up the meddling mages :) Once you have one out, you can start using clone and rite of replication, and pretty soon you can use the kicker giving you 5 more mages. Eventually you can name every card in their deck so they can't play anything at all. You bounce anything they managed to get in play, and you end up where they have nothing, and they can play nothing.

It also has temporal adept which you can rite of replication and use the kicker on that too, so with a batch of those guys you can return all their cards and they end up with nothing in play. Two Feldon's Cane means you can go forever and never run out of cards.

As you can see in the pic, I could win easily by just attacking with the army of mages, but I sometimes like to not win and just lock them down entirely. I'm evil like that!
Althuna

Postby stassy » 29 Jul 2011, 07:00

Just played a mono green ramp deck against a AI which casted an erly Varchild's War Riders : due to the recent change of the token system, Varchild's War-Riders kept giving me Plant token who were buffed by Avenger of Zendikar, it was funny to see creatures given to you and buffed just by landfalling :mrgreen:
stassy

Postby Gargaroz » 30 Jul 2011, 13:07

It's fun, but it's obviously a bug. I'll fix that.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0