It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:30

Text Size

Card ID Changer

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card ID Changer

Postby Dave » 15 Jan 2012, 16:00

i have my latest manalink.csv from Mok's 'new' old deckbuilder : http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6150
If you can't convert after that, i have to write addition info to the logfile
Dave

Postby Sarlack » 15 Jan 2012, 16:49

I get the same problem, "No ID found" for all cards even cards from the original game and blank in new card area when selecting a card in the list.
the decks were made with the December update and then I manually fixed them with the 2000 update (2000_beta and beta_fix1) in notepad which worked fine. All of the decks I have even the ones from the original game are coming up with no ID. I updated to "ManalinkFilesBeta20120112" and the new deckbuilderV2 by mox and the decks now need new ID's. I'm using the lasted manalink.cvs (xls_csv.rar) from mox, but I did try several older csv files. attached is a zip with the 4 decks and the log file. the .ini was good too for the delimiter
Attachments
Playdeck.zip
(7.17 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Sarlack

Postby stassy » 15 Jan 2012, 17:48

Sarlack> Well, same case as Orion79, I was able to convert your playdeck with not even one error so you might have a try at the link to the working mtg pack.

Also with the last csv did you run the csv2dat.exe to update the dat/exe file then put them into the magic root folder?
stassy

Postby Dave » 15 Jan 2012, 18:16

Same here as Stassy. Conversion with your decks went fine with no errors at all.

I made an extra button to get some info. When you press it, you should get:
ID-Changer.png

Don't know if i should update the 'official' version with this one..
So take the attachment from this post and let me know what you get

<Attachment removed,since it is outdated>
Last edited by Dave on 15 Jan 2012, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Postby a1z2s3x4 » 15 Jan 2012, 18:45

Gentlemen,
I'm having the same problem where is seems that all my cards need replaced and it doesn't have any suggestions for new card names. Using your new debug option, I see some interesting results. Using the CSV from Mok's latest version (xls_csv.rar), it seems to fail to retrieve correctly the column names starting with Column 2. I seem to have more rows, but fewer columns in memory as well...

Finally, Row:0 Column:0 Value:0 seems to go on until it finds the first COMMA in the text, ignoring the semi-colons that are supposed to be delimiting the CSV. The root of the problem might lie in the Regional settings/locale of the users. The list separator in the US is normally configured to be a comma, although this can be changed to a semi-colon in Control Panel (which I have done. Without this change, I can't generate a proper semi-colon delimited CSV in Excel) I'm wondering if the people having trouble with the ID Changer are all in the US and the people who have it working properly are in Europe?

Schema.ini correctly reports (;) as the delimiter. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
Image1.gif
a1z2s3x4

Postby 0rion79 » 15 Jan 2012, 19:42

This time, it went fine and all decks look with cards in each fine place. The only mistake given is about Lim Dul's Vault in one deck, since your editor asks for a Lim D?l card and can't see the special "u" letter.
I also had to re-install Mok's patch for deck builder art.
0rion79

Postby Dave » 15 Jan 2012, 20:07

@Orion79: Strange , coz i didn't change anything except for the button. So it appears that the correct manalink.csv solved your problem?
About the special chars : Yes , they are a problem that i don't know how to fix at the moment.

With the info provided by a1z2s3x4 i could determine that the RowHeader-option didn't work properly.
At least when i changed the value to No in the code, my column-headers were also named F1-F5.
So i took them out the Schema.ini, coz i can set it in the code.

The problem is that i can't test any new ideas i might have, since i can't reproduce error.
Here is another ID-Changer. I'll delete the one above.

<Attachment deleted, since it is outdated>
Last edited by Dave on 15 Jan 2012, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Postby stassy » 15 Jan 2012, 20:41

The locale hint might be right, since in france you have access to special char such as é, è, â, û and so, they show as well in any xls editor (office 2003/2007 and libreoffice french version).

Maybe add some more optional regional settings (though I don't know which others language those chars can be available beside french, cyrillic maybe?
stassy

Postby Sarlack » 15 Jan 2012, 20:55

I made a clean install with mtg.rar. Decks opened properly. I updated to mox_db_v2 and copied the latest "CardArtManalink" folder. when opening the decks they are now loading the wrong Ids. I copy the latest ID-Changer and it loads the csv ok, but doesn't change anything (results:blank). when i copy the Mox csv to the root folder and the "magic_updater" folder I get the same error as a1z2s3x4. even if i run the csv2dat & ct2exe. However in mox's new deckbuilder you can change a value in the manalink.ini and the cards will load into the deckbuilder by the name of the card and not the ID, then you can save the deck and it will add the correct ID to the dck file. I only have a few decks so this wasn't a problem for me. I know if you have several hundred decks this would be a pain. Not sure if we got the csv used to make the mox_db_v2 it might load properly in ID-Changer.
Sarlack

Postby 0rion79 » 15 Jan 2012, 21:09

WTF! My decks are screwed up again! :-/
I don't understand if it is me who did not check well enough the previous time or if something went wrong now.

I've also seen something weird. By fact, the program is doing something because it has altered even some deck that I did today.
You know, I have a lot of fun creating lame tribe decks with the most unpredictable creatures because for me it is challenging to make such decks competitive and I've seen that they all have cards that I didn't ad.
EG: Elixir of Immortality is replaced with Ember Hauler !
0rion79

Postby Dave » 15 Jan 2012, 22:01

Orion is right, there is something wrong here. From an ID between 6729 and 7620 till end the program returns id+1.
Probably a line in Manalink.csv the program can't handle.
When i have corrected this i will post a new one, with info like 'Old id: 1111 New Id:2222'
Sorry for the inconvenience...
Dave

Postby a1z2s3x4 » 15 Jan 2012, 22:05

Well, of course, there's no need to apologize. You're providing a wonderful service to all of us by creating this tool. Many thanks to you.
Chris
a1z2s3x4

Postby Dave » 15 Jan 2012, 23:18

At least all the flip-cards are creating this problem by having apparently to many special chars in them like '/n', i think.
Therefore I'll change the whole program by simple read each line and use ';' as the separator, since that is now the separator in the manalink.csv provided by Mok/Gargaroz. I hope it stays that way, otherwise i get problems with cards like Kongming, sleeping dragon, and all other cards with a comma in their name.

Anyway, here it is. And its startup is way faster :D
Get the new ID-Changer at page 1 and tell me if something is still not working
Dave

Postby a1z2s3x4 » 15 Jan 2012, 23:38

Initial impression is that it works!

I'll report back after some additional testing. You may have just fixed 469 of my decks in less than a minute!

THANKS!

Chris
a1z2s3x4

Postby Sarlack » 15 Jan 2012, 23:52

It seems to be working here too. Thanks
Sarlack

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0