It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:41

Text Size

Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Postby Aquillion » 23 Nov 2014, 04:24

The AI blocked my Azure Drake with a Vampire Bats. At first I thought it was just chump-blocking, but it proceeded to pump the bats twice... which confused me, since that's not enough damage, right? Then it cast Transmutation on my Azure Drake.

Or tried to, since I had a Flash Counter in my hand, but I was still surprised the AI was able to look ahead far enough to figure out how to use Transmutation in combination with a pumpable creature.
Aquillion

Postby Nexhro » 01 Dec 2014, 03:56

The AI cast Black Sun's Zenith with X=2 when the battlefield was empty except for a Dusk Urchins controlled by AI. Granted, that's a clunky and somewhat expensive way to draw 3 cards, but seeing the AI's ability to realize both the fact that -1/-1 counters are beneficial to Urchins and the fact that X=2 would be enough to maximize Urchin's effect (as it had enough mana to cast Zenith with X=3) was a nice surprise nonetheless.
Nexhro

Postby stassy » 02 Dec 2014, 05:14

AI is surprisingly good and aggressive with the Classic Burn deck, dispatching quickly 3/4 of the Playdeck pool unless it's a lifegain or aggro creature only deck.

The deck is not as broken as Affinity or P9 (they are some Wasteland and Strip Mine though), but use small burn cards that can easily trap the player.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Dec 2014, 16:32

I am attacking with Rhox and AI has only 1 life and nothing to "stop" my Rhox (ignore blocker)from making the final blow on AI.Although AI has Skyshroud Behemoth doesn't use it to block the Rhox as AI understands that I will certainly assign damage to AI so assigns as a blocker Makeshift Mauler to lure me to assign damage to Makeshift Mauler-destroy it and give AI an extra turn to live.I decide to do so and make game longer and then AI pumps it with Ranger Guile and saves Makeshift Mauler,too.AI would have also destroyed my Rhox if I hadn't got enough mana to regenerate it.
I had a flier that couldn't be blocked either but I was testing cards and attacked only with Rhox.
Attachments
rhox-ai trick makeshift mauler.rar
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Nexhro » 10 Dec 2014, 01:32

I had nothing but a Phyrexian Arena and a Liliana of the Veil on the Board while AI controlled True-Name Nemesis, Sapphire Medallion and three untapped Islands. Naturally, I attempted to edict away the TNN with Liliana, but AI had Reins of Power at the ready to defeat my plan. Would have been an even greater play, had I controlled any creatures.
Attachments
AI_Reins.zip
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Nexhro

Postby Nexhro » 10 Dec 2014, 18:24

I'm starting to suspect that the AI has become better over the course of the past few patches.

AI had Balthor the Defiled on the battlefield while I had several mid-sized creatures. AI then cast Kagemaro, First to Suffer, put Balthor's ability on the stack and responded by activating Kagemaro.
Nexhro

Postby Nexhro » 03 Jan 2015, 04:42

I had assembled a lethal army with Sneak Attack when the AI animated its Mutavault and cast Mirrorweave targetting that.
Nexhro

Postby stassy » 07 Jan 2015, 07:15

Was testing a BWR Anti Lifegain deck against EDH Selvala Lifegain deck.

I pull out a Rain of Gore, AI doesn't seems to recognize it as it attacks with Lifegain creature when in play, when suddenly...it cast Beacon of Immortality on me when I was at 20 life => owned
stassy

Postby Althuna » 10 May 2016, 17:47

WOW I just tried to equip Argentum Armor on my Iridescent Angel and the AI used Chaoslace on the Armor to make it red so it couldn't be equipped :)
Althuna

Postby RanDomino » 25 May 2016, 17:13

Rekt.png
RanDomino

Postby BAgate » 26 May 2016, 03:14

AI had a Figure of Destiny made 8/8, but with 3 -1/-1 counters on it. I used Sorin, Lord of Innistrad's ultimate ability to kill it and other creatures, and AI actually turned the Figure of Destiny back into a 2/2 creature so it died first. I hadn't even realized you could do that.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Jun 2016, 10:55

AI has 6 life and I have 18.AI has Chandra Nalaar with 8 counters and Pitchburn Devils in play.I have Falkenrath Noble enchanted with Vow of Malice and equipped with Sword of Vengeance.AI activates Chandra Nalaar ultimate to deal 10 damage to me and to my creature.AI respond with Altar's Reap to draw at least 2 cards besides gaining 1 life and making AI loose 1 that would happen anyway from Falkenrath Noble dying.So now I have 18-10+1=9 life and AI has 6-1=5.AI then of course attacks with Pitchburn Devils and I get from 9 to 6 life.I have Makeshift Mannequin and Sever the Bloodline in hand so I feel I have answers to Pitchburn Devils in my turn.But then AI casts Breath of Darigaaz with kicker for 4 damage (I think stupid AI you kill also your creature while I have none forgetting the ability of Pitchburn Devils) so I go to 2 life AI goes to 1 life and Pitchburn Devils death ability triggers AI deals 3 more damage to me and I go to -1 life and loose the game without AI giving me an extra turn/draw that might have changed things.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 06 Oct 2016, 13:23

AI know how to do the Duskmantle Guildmage + Codex Shredder + Mindcrank combo (and infinite loop damage seems to have been set to -8, nice workaround to make it work)
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Nov 2016, 16:48

AI had 2 Goblin Legionnaire in play one enchanted with Squee's Embrace.I had in play a Longshot Squad in play with a 1/1 counter on it so 4/4 and a Penumbra Bobcat.I cast Calming Verse to destroy the enchantment and AI responds by sacrificing the enchanted Goblin Legionnaire dealing 2 damage to my Longshot Squad and also saving/returning the Goblin Legionnaire to it's hand since it was still enchanted at that time.Then of course sacrificed the other one to deal the rest 2 damage and kill my Longshot Squad.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 May 2017, 10:03

AI did an unexpected at least to me play.This kind of plays is what I really love and make me be strongly against forcing AI to use spells only at their most popular function.
I had plaid Shrewd Hatchling on my turn and was 2/2 at the time.On AI's turn AI attacks with Oraxid and at eot AI casts Wings of Velis Vel.I thought ok here is another stupid move of AI which didn't boost it's attacker and was even more disappointed when AI targeted my creature.To my surprise I saw my Shrewd Hatchling die.Then I looked closely to what is the real base p/t of Shrewd Hatchling and what exactly Wings of Velis Vel rules text is and applaud AI for this maybe simple play but which I didn't see coming.
Attachments
2017-05-18_124458wings of velis vel.jpg
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0