It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:53

Text Size

Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.5

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Mar 2012, 12:16

Hello CirothUngol, your prorgam is really going fine.
I've used it to fix my decks after the latest patch and there were no errors at all, except one: you program overwrites the deck description string with the deck colors.
I was used to keep my own entries, which also include deck format (1 or 1.5) and other values (tribe, theme by ability, not competitive ecc.). So may I ask you to release a new version that includes the option for NOT overwriting the previous description with your values? That would be very appreciated.
Thanks.
0rion79

Postby Bog Wraith » 13 Mar 2012, 14:28

Thanks for doing this stassy. Unfortunately, this didn't fix anything for me. Most of the decks still have a mix of the wrong cards.

I can try one other thing. Can you or Orion79 post your playdeck folder from your install here and let me give it a go in mine. If that doesn't work, I will edit the decks myself manually & keep the decks I can fix while deleting some of the others that are too far off their original build.

Might be time to start a fresh build of decks from scratch, while keeping those from this collection that are still correct in their original
form.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Mar 2012, 16:12

Wraith, I've reverted my decks because I want to preserve my own deck description. It is useful for me!
About your decks, what's going wrong?
As far as I've seen, this PlayDeck Analyzer modifies the files within its own PlayDeck folder and then you have to move those edited decks in your true PlayDeck folder. Is it possible that you have missed thist step?
0rion79

Postby stassy » 13 Mar 2012, 16:50

Also don't forget that you must target the csv in the magic_updater folder and not in the root folder which is outdated.

Anyway here is the current Playdeck folder of my win7 version which is unfortunately not complete but ML3 10.3 compatible, my most complete collection is *cough* at work *cough*

Let's compare working deck, for exemple let's take Orion97's Constructs.dck which is made of only artifacts, if you can load it and don't see any substituted card let us know
Attachments
PlayDeck.zip
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1287 times
stassy

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Mar 2012, 16:54

Feel flattered :oops:
0rion79

Postby Bog Wraith » 13 Mar 2012, 18:16

OK guys, that's got it.

Orion, I had done it correctly, but it didn't work when I loaded decks in the builder.

My Playdeck folder must have been corrupt because it dates back to over 5 years ago & went through all the different changes that jatill & others incorporated over all that time.

After taking this new Playdeck folder done by stassy, I had the same trouble. I then closed the program and restarted it. Now, all the decks are correct. Any decks of mine that are not in it, I will redo and get them updated.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby CirothUngol » 17 Mar 2012, 17:03

When trying to import and convert the PlayDeck Analyser messed up and crashed (seems to be it can't support Unicode yet)
I've (hopefully) added support for importing Unicode Text. It removes the BOM and converts 2-byte chars to ASCII equivelents.
Also as a request CirothUngol, can you make an option to keep the commentary line instead of converting it? Valuable infos written by the deck author can be lost during the conversion.
...what? You mean that everybody doesn't want their Color Descriptions changed like I do?! *sigh*
OK, I'll add a CheckBox for this option (should take all of 10 minutes)
Also an option to keep the last csv file would be nice instead of reloading it everytime
The PDAnalyser has to parse the CSV everytime to load info into an array for comparisons. I could speed this up considerably by writing this info to a seperate VOD file and using that for subsequent reloads. Again, a very good idea.
I'm currently writing the ReadMe and will try to work some of this into v0.2 before posting it. Thanx for the interest and the input, it's most appreciated.

Error Alert! I discovered that the PDAnalyser was dropping the last cards of PlayDecks containing cards of No Color ("0" in the Manalink.csv) during the Sort By Color operation, this has been fixed in v0.2.

...from the v0.2 ReadMe
Code: Select all
Now, Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.2 can also:
   Import PlayDecks from MagicWorkStation and Apprentice
   Import PlayDecks from OCTaGoN and MtG: Interactive Encyclopedia
   Import PlayDecks from plain text (NetDeck): <CardQty><space><CardName>
   Export Manalink.csv as PlayDeck (all Coded cards)
   Export Manalink.csv as Expansions: PlayDecks and Info, Coded\NonCoded
   Export Manalink.csv as Vertically Oriented DataFile
   Search PlayDeck Headers: Move\Copy files, Match In\Exact\Any\All
   Verify CardImages against Manalink.csv to find Missing or UnMatched files
   Copy CardImages for all CardNames listed in a PlayDeck
   Seperate rebuilt PlayDecks containing NonCoded or UnMatched cards
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 17 Mar 2012, 18:05

The import is a nice feature, however what will happen if there is a card not coded in the deck? Does it drop to Invalid or does it skip it?
stassy

Postby 0rion79 » 18 Mar 2012, 07:05

CirothUngol wrote:what? You mean that everybody doesn't want their Color Descriptions changed like I do?! *sigh*
Don't be that sad! The idea is awesome, but it also overwrites other information as it happens with me.

Maybe, you can keep this software as a work in progress (it is very good, imho!) and, if and when we shall be able to further customize the deck editor, we can use this solution to automatically fill any new field that we can add to the decks.
0rion79

Postby CirothUngol » 18 Mar 2012, 14:59

@stassy:
Indeed, and what would happen if the CardName was misspelled or otherwise unmatched in the Manalink.csv (like Unglued cards)? Again, from the v0.2 ReadMe...
Code: Select all
Each PlayDeck will be automatically rebuilt to one of the following folders
based on the severity of the correction made:
   .\PlayDeck\             - There were no corrections made.
   .\PlayDeck\FixHeader\   - Only the Header was fixed, the contents were OK.
   .\PlayDeck\FixDeck\     - One or more corrections to the deck contents.
   .\PlayDeck\Substitute\  - One or more cards matched a Substitute List.
   .\PlayDeck\MinDeckSize\ - Deck is smaller than the minimum deck size.
   .\PlayDeck\Restricted\  - One or more cards matched a Restricted List.
   .\PlayDeck\Banned\      - One or more cards matched a Banned List.
   .\PlayDeck\NonCoded\    - One or more cards are listed as UnCoded.
   .\PlayDeck\UnMatched\   - One or more cards were not found in the CSV.

This is an ascending hierarchy, so the PlayDeck will be rebuilt to the
matching folder that is furthest down the list. So, if the PlayDeck had an
incorrect color description (FixHeader), wrong CardID#s (FixDeck), matched
a Restricted List (Restricted) and contained cards listed as UnCoded in
the Manalink.csv (NonCoded), then the PlayDeck would be rebuilt to
.\PlayDeckAnalyser\PlayDeck\NonCoded\.
My best solution was to seperate the rebuilt PlayDecks into catagories, mark the UnCoded and UnMatched cards in the LogFile and allow the user to manually adjust those PlayDecks.
Incidently, PDAnalyser now does a bunch of adjusting and retesting when confronted by UnMatched CardNames (v0.1 simply clobbered the old CardName and replaced it with the CardName found in the CSV, which was a good default action in the Pre-2K Limit days... now I consider it unacceptable).

@Orion79:
Sarcasim doesn't translate to text very well, does it? The reason I didn't think to include an Off Switch for the Color Descriptions is because I personally didn't want one... I was being facetious. An Off Switch is a simple mod and a very good idea.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 18 Mar 2012, 16:58

Good to know :)
0rion79

Postby Gargaroz » 21 Mar 2012, 16:59

But V02 isn't available yet, right ? Or I missed the link ?
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby CirothUngol » 27 Mar 2012, 04:49

...no, it wasn't, but now it is.
I've updated the 1st post of this thread. Lemme know if you run into any problems with it, or if you can think of something else useful it could do.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 27 Mar 2012, 07:08

\o/

- v0.2 is much faster than its predecessor, with my poor small 300 Mhz laptop v0.1 took me 3 hours to update 1500 decks, now with v2, 2500 decks where done in a breezing 1:30 mins (well, maybe because I disabled color desc check :p)

- Took me 9 min to check 6483 cardart with 0 error, good good, but does it check also shandalar cardart?

- Deck search engine require an exact date, it won't find date by year, month or day

- Search result show only how many deck found but does not list them (you can only know the list when you copy to Search folder, the copy/move button is also not very intuitive (when button show copy is it currently in copy mode or do I have to hit the button to be in copy mode?)

- Got a crash while fiddling with the copy/move button

| Open
Error log timestamp Tuesday 27/03/12 09:49:46

Runtime error: Paramètre incorrect. ( OS error 16r57 )

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'Paramètre incorrect....'>
BasicDialogTopPane(Object)>>osError: <87>
BasicDialogTopPane(Object)>>osError
BasicDialogTopPane(Window)>>releaseDC: <aDeviceContext>
RecordingPen(GraphicsTool)>>release
RecordingPen>>release
RecordingPen(GraphicsTool)>>destroy
BasicDialogTopPane(Window)>>close
BasicDialogTopPane(ApplicationWindow)>>closeViewOverride
BasicDialogTopPane(TopPane)>>closeOverride
BasicDialogTopPane>>closeOverride
BasicDialogBox>>close
[] in BasicProgram>>closeAll
LinearHashTable>>elementsDo: <aBlockClosure>
Set(HashedCollection)>>do: <aBlockClosure>
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>closeAll
BasicRunProgram(BasicProgram)>>terminateRun: <aFileError>
[] in BasicProgram>>errorHandlerBlock
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateResponseBlock: <aBlockClosure> for: <aFileError>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>handle:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>handle: <aFileError>
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <aFileError>
FileError(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
FileError(Exception)>>handle
FileError(Exception)>>signal
FileError class>>signal: <'OS Error: Le fichier...'> hostErrorCode: <2>
HostFileSystemError>>defaultAction
ExceptionHandler>>findHandler: <aHostFileSystemError>
HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anExceptionHandler>
HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>handle
HostFileSystemError(Exception)>>signal
HostFileSystemError class>>signalWith: <2>
FileHandle class>>osError: <2>
FileHandle class(Object)>>osError
[] in FileHandle class>>open:access:share:create:attributes:
ExceptionHandler>>evaluateProtectedBlock: <aBlockClosure>
[] in ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring:
ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>invisibleEnsure: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler>>activateDuring: <aBlockClosure>
ExceptionHandler class>>handle: <anExceptionSet> with: <aBlockClosure> during: <aBlockClosure>
BlockClosure>>on: <anExceptionSet> do: <aBlockClosure>
FileHandle class>>open: <'C:\Program Files\Mag...'> access: <2147483648> share: <3> create: <3> attributes: <128>
FileHandle class>>open: <'Chalice of Lifegain....'> in: <aDirectory> access: <2147483648> share: <3> create: <3> attributes: <128>

- When a full deck check is done, what is needed to update your real playdeck folder? Copy decks in /PlayDeckAnalyser/PlayDeck then copy decks in fixed folders?

Currently trying Netdeck import, it's working as intended for the moment, a replacement list is just needed to be perfect.
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 27 Mar 2012, 13:23

I'm guessing it was so much faster because your PlayDecks were already mostly-corrected... the ColorDescription really doesn't take very long.

It checks for CardImages directly against the NumOfPics column in the CSV for each CardName, so you would need a Manalink.csv specifically for Shandalar.

The Search PlayDecks function simply finds text matches in the header lines. When I search for "12" on the Date, I get PlayDecks having "12/10/2007", "10/12/2007", "1/15/2012" and "January 12, 2007".
The buttons in the Search PlayDecks Dialog display the currently selected setting (i.e. if the button says "Copy", then it will Copy, if the button says "Move", then it will Move). The list of matches is a good idea; I've got a log for just about everything else...

What were you doing when that crash occurred? Just pressing the button? All the ErrorLog shows is that a "Parameter was Incorrect". Was this on your 300Mhz? I have a 800Mhz that I do testing with, slower computers seem to offer more UI bugs in JustBASIC because the user is capable of pressing buttons/making choices that the program isn't ready for (i.e. the user is faster than the program ^_^)

Yea, I didn't include an option to copy-over your original PlayDecks because I'm reluctant to have PDAnalyser delete/alter/change any files not in it's own folder. I rebuild my decks and then hit "Select PlayDecks" to bring in "FixDeck" and "FixHeader" to the .\PlayDeck\ folder, rescan to make sure all is good (they should now be marked as "OK" in the LogFile and stay put in the .\PlayDeck\ folder) and then copy\paste them to my Manalink folder by hand.
Currently trying Netdeck import, it's working as intended for the moment, a replacement list is just needed to be perfect.
...what do you mean by "Replacement List"?

Thanx for the reply stassy, and lemme know if you find it mangling any of your PlayDecks.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0