It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:01

Text Size

Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.5

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.5

Postby VladVoivode » 07 Jan 2015, 22:52

Hi Nexhro,

Believe me, I applaud the efforts put into Manalink and I also wish I knew how to code and I would be more than happy to help! As it is, I'm a musician and graphic artist and I'm afraid in those departments my skills are not needed.

Maybe if we could find a mint Black Lotus and give it to Gargaroz he could hang in there?

I really do appreciate the Herculean effort by all the developers of this game. If not for the efforts of the Manalink team - small as it is - this game would have faded into oblivion.

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby stassy » 08 Jan 2015, 04:49

*cough* your skillz would be greatly appreciated for custom avatar or sound *cough* :D
stassy

Postby VladVoivode » 09 Jan 2015, 12:15

stassy wrote:*cough* your skillz would be greatly appreciated for custom avatar or sound *cough* :D
Okay Stassy, count me in. Since I mainly work in organic modeling this will be fun as long as folks don't mind more realistic looking avatars in terms of real looking skin, eye moisture, etc. They'll still look fantasy but not with a drawn by hand look.

As for the sounds, I need to know a little more about what you are looking for as well as size restrictions. I would presume that I would create the sounds and one of you developers would then code them into the game?

How free can I be with my imagination? For instance, I can take a sample of a baby crying, process it, bring it down three octaves and reverse it ala The Beatles techniques and the resulting sound will be similar to something from Phyrexia.

Lastly, has there ever been any discussion of creating sounds for creatures that are summoned. By that I don't mean the default sound - which is cool, but rather a unique sound for each creature type. Aaagghh, text doesn't quite convey what I am talking about but I'll try. I think it would be very cool if when a dragon is summoned for instance, it has a distinct sound from, say, a vampire. I know it isn't "important" to the core game but it would add a touch of immersion. I can make the actual sounds quite small such that they don't bloat Manalink.

If you would be willing to message me with particulars like file formats for the sounds I create a few and send them to you as file attachments so you can critique them.

I assumed - incorrectly it seems - that sounds were hard coded into the game ad couldn't be altered.

So, I am eagerly waiting for your reply. This could be fun!

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Jan 2015, 14:35

More info about sounds and what can be changed/inserted you can take a look into development for this as Korath indeed was searching for a person to make custom sounds:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11852#p132826
BUT before you make any work I believe it is wise to talk to Korath via pm for more info and if he will be able to insert your work as he is absent/away for work last few months.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby VladVoivode » 10 Jan 2015, 17:17

Thanks Aswan jaguar, I'll shoot a PM to Korath
VladVoivode

Postby Aswan jaguar » 16 Jun 2015, 13:36

I encountered this problem a couple of months ago in another post but I guess it should be put here so CirothUngol can to check it:

I found that there are at least 2 problems on how the Playdeck analyser is counting coded,uncoded,total cards from manalink.scv besides a possible a bad entry in Manalink.csv columns.
Playdeck Analyser reads the coded card column and each sets columns for total number of cards of Manalink.csv for it's results.
Counts the marked as coded = value 1 and uncoded value = 0 in coded cards column.

1- In Manalink.csv we need to have cards that are animated,flip cards,bestowed,and such cards as 2 entries to be handled by the game.The front card is shown there as coded and the animated,flipped,etc. are valued as uncoded cards (the same as the really uncoded cards) so that they are not shown in the deck editor.These cards are also marked on the set they belong so we have these false result.

2- There is also the problem with basic lands.In Manalink.csv there are only 1 of each basic land card per set but in Theros for example there are 4 cards printed for each basic land.

example:
For Theros the total number of cards is in manalink = 254 and in reality = 249.
249 - 15(basic lands not counted in manalink)= 235 + 20 (number of bestowed,animated cards) = 255 - 1 Ordeal of Purphoros uncoded card = 254.

and post linkhttp://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17097#p177828:
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Transient » 14 Jun 2019, 10:59

Hi, I am trying to understand how to use this program to generate a list of the cards for each expansion for the installation for new users posted (latest currently available), like the list Aswan Jaguar attached in his first reply in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=28546 (only his list is for the unavailable patches).

This is what I already tried, but it didn't work:

Transient wrote:After going through the read me, downloaded, extracted, put the folder with the analyzer in the folder containing the cards.dat, ran the analyzer.

Got the result "Found Manalink 3.0 DAT\CSV with 14984 entries."

Next I export DAT as CSV, then selected the CSV, got the result same as above but additionally "Coded Cards: 11048 | Total Pics: 14076."

Then I attempted to export CSV as expansions to try to get the kind of expansion rarity text file that you provided earlier for the current but unavailable patches, and I got and Error "File or path not found at line 2758."

So what did I do wrong and how can I generate the expansion rarity info?
Thanks for any help.
---
Here today, gone tomorrow.
Transient

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jun 2019, 12:01

I just tried and it errors just like you mentioned. There is some problem/conflict probably with the installation that I put together for new users with playdeck analyser sorry but I am not able to help you with this.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Transient » 15 Jun 2019, 01:56

Actually it's ok, the answer was right here in this thread all along.

In your last post from 16 June 2015 (the one right before mine), you link to another thread where you posted an attachment of the fate reforged patch's expansion rarity text file, which is the version for the installation for new users I think so that should work.

Although there are still the issues with the way the analyzer counts cards that you mentioned giving not entirely accurate results, but still better than nothing.
---
Here today, gone tomorrow.
Transient

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0