It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:38

Text Size

Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.5

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.3a

Postby stassy » 17 Jul 2012, 08:14

0.3a:
- Seems to be you changed the icon for PDA? The transparent borders are missing...
- The integrated readme is still 0.2 (View>Readme.txt), or maybe we need to delete the old readme for the new one to be generated?
- Tried again to convert the longname deck, got the error, but PDA didn't move/copy the invalid deck in the Invalid folder, and in the main screen it still say 1 valid PlayDeck...
stassy

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.3a

Postby CirothUngol » 17 Jul 2012, 14:53

- Seems to be you changed the icon for PDA? The transparent borders are missing...
Wow, you're right. I didn't even notice that. I'm using a newly extracted .ICO file as well as a new version of LBBooster (v1.84) to compile the app, I'm sure one of those is the culprit. Easy enough, I'll fix that tonight and re-upload the file.

- The integrated readme is still 0.2 (View>Readme.txt), or maybe we need to delete the old readme for the new one to be generated?
That is exactly correct. Just delete the old ReadMe.txt before running the new version. PDAnalyser will only create the ReadMe if it doesn't already exist.

- Tried again to convert the longname deck, got the error, but PDA didn't move/copy the invalid deck in the Invalid folder, and in the main screen it still say 1 valid PlayDeck...
When I run that PlayDeck through PDAnalyser, it fixes the CardIDs, truncates the DeckName and writes it to the \FixDeck\ folder, which is the correct behavior... it operates differently for you? The PlayDeck shouldn't have gone into the \Invalid\ folder, as I see nothing "Invalid" about it... odd.
Incidently, you can now choose the maximum length of each Header Line by changing the "HeaderMax" values in the PDAnalyser.ini file (or set them to "0" if you'd like to skip automatic Header checks for that line).

Edit:
I've fixed the Program Icon, included the new ReadMe (so you can over-write the old one), and re-upped the .ZIP file on the 1st post.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.4

Postby CirothUngol » 01 Aug 2012, 06:35

I've updated the first post with the new PDAnalyser v0.4. Some of the new nifty features:

*New CardList format. I've tried to make Restricted\Substitute lists simple and convenient
*A FolderDialog function, so that now the PlayDeck Target Folder is selectable.
*Target Sub-Folders are now optional, and you may choose which ones to use
*An external CardName corrections file for fixing UnMatched cards
*Substitute cards in PlayDecks from the Replace Contents Dialog,
*Search PlayDecks by CardName & Quantity, or total CardCount
*Verify CardImages will now notify if it finds 0 pics for CodedCards
*Selectable Header sizes; now you can choose the length or skip all of the checks entirely
*Commandline conversion now accepts Wildcards and Relative Paths

Please give it a try and let me know if (or when) you find any problems.
Last edited by CirothUngol on 05 Aug 2012, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.4a

Postby CirothUngol » 05 Aug 2012, 03:19

...and again with the BugFixes? ^_^

I noticed a few glitches today, so I've corrected them and thrown in a couple of tiny perks for good measure:

PDAnalyser v0.4a
*Fixed Refresh Button, now it works correctly
*Fixed Restricted CardLists not showing in LogFile
*Improved HeaderFix description in LogFile
*Added option to use ExternalTextEditor for CardLists and PDAnalyser.ini
*Added card consolidation to Import PlayDeck.dck (for DraftDecks)
*Improved handling of internal .pdavod files
*Fixed a few other minor display glitches.

As always, if you find a problem please post.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 05 Aug 2012, 10:19

Hum, is it possible to keep PDA settings when an update occur? I know more options are added in the ini file so change is inevitable but it would be nice to have the sort settings and such kept...
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 06 Aug 2012, 01:38

To avoid the problem of parsing the format of internal files from previous versions, I simply write the version number to the top of all self-created files and clobber them if the version doesn't match. I considered trying to keep previous settings, but didn't feel it worth the effort since this is likely the last version of PDAnalyser anyway.

I may create other Manalink-related utilities and hang them in the PDAnalyser Menu (like I've done with several others), but after reading this entire thread I think I've addressed all of the issues and requests that have been mentioned (except for keeping the settings from previous versions, of course ^_^).

Other possible additions:
*Direct reading of the other .DAT files (easier to use Manalink.csv)
*Statistical information - like Mana Curve, Cost-to-Mana, Sleigh, etc (pure fluff)
*PlayDeck Viewer - a DialogBox for browsing\editing PlayDecks (DeckBuilder is better)
*Recursive Folders - I've used selectable Target Folders instead (it's safer and easier)
*Add support for Shandalar Deck.dck format - almost pointless

There's bound to eventually be a BugFix version or something, so I'll try to be sure the new .INI format is compatible with the previous one... all you'll need to do is change the first line of the .INI file to match the new version number. If not, then just keep your old .INI file and compare it to the new one. Any differences should be obvious.

Edit:
Speak of the Devil... I just found an error when opening an original Cards.dat file, so there will be another BugFix at some point.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.4b

Postby CirothUngol » 11 Aug 2012, 23:57

The first post has been updated with another small BugFix, plus a final additional goodie.

PDAnalyser v0.4b:
*Fixed BitField error when importing pre-Manalink 2.0 Cards.dat
*Better integration, now NetDeck actually uses all program options
*Improved handling of internal\default folder variables
*Added ability to Identify, Display and Scan for Locked Challenge Cards
*A few other minor display fixes
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 12 Oct 2012, 14:04

Some more requests to enjoy a bit more PDA :

- Enable the option to seach for string in MetaPad logfile report, yes yes I know you can copy paste to another text editor but enabling search for uncoded string make it easier to look for deck without having to look for the uncoded folder after a giga conversion of 3k+ decks

- Have a button to copy a newly created/imported deck/netdeck to ML root Playdeck folder, yes yes I know you can copy past the dck file from PDA folder to root but...well no excuse but lazyness :P
stassy

Postby stassy » 04 Jul 2013, 09:46

Another request for this wonderful tool :
Make PDA able to manage multiples folder as Default Playdeck folder or at worst being able to manage a unique Playdeck folder and its sub directories.

This is of course aimed at the current default ML3 Playdeck project which need to be updated ever patch and which contains lot of subfolders : currently the only way is to manually set the default folder at every possible locations, which make updating troublesome, thanks in advance :D
stassy

Postby Dave » 04 Jul 2013, 17:34

As long as CiruthUngol hasn't build this feature in the PDA, you could use PlayDeckOrganizer (found here:http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9658) for copying all decks to PlayDeck and after converting them with PDA, copy the converted decks to their original subfolder.
The only drawback is: each deckname should appear only once in all your subfolders, otherwise it can't copy them back
Dave

Postby stassy » 14 Feb 2014, 10:49

Another issue rose with the new cardname convention system :

stassy wrote:I noticed 2 Archeney schemes unrecognized by PDA (instead of flagging them as UNCODED I get UNMATCHED because their cardimage name I am basing on are different from their coded name (Ignite the Cloneforge_.jpg and Which of You Burns Brightest_.jpg), is it intended?
Sonic wrote:As I mentioned in the cardart section - the card image naming convention has changed. This was primarily due to the two Archenemy schemes you mention including the illegal file naming characters '?' and '!'.
Korath then made the decision to adapt the CardArtLib.dll to accept the non-english characters in the card names, so the game would run with non-english Windows setups.
However, to make this work required all the non-english characters in the file names being converted to '_'.

Æther Adept = _ther Adept.jpg
Lim-Dûl's High Guard = Lim-D_l's High Guard.jpg
Déjà Vu = D_j_ Vu.jpg
stassy

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.5

Postby CirothUngol » 14 Mar 2014, 17:48

I've updated the PlayDeck Analyser to version 0.5, which should address all of the issues mentioned since the last release.

There are many "under the hood" improvements to this update. I wrote a LZW de\compressor for the embedded files and wrote recursive file routines for the target PlayDeck folder and to better find source DAT\EXE files. I fixed a small bug in the sorting routines that should make "Verify CardImages" rock-solid.

The PDAnalyser has become sufficiently multi-faceted to disallow a full bug check before releasing, and I'm afraid that some of the new alterations may have introduced errors. Please report any bugs or odd behavior that you may experience.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby ozks » 15 Mar 2014, 01:29

0.5 ver sweet, thank you CirothUngol
ozks

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Mar 2014, 06:54

Has anyone used the new version successfully updating his decks?
Because I tried 2 times and it finds an illegal deck (plenty of those I use for testing) makes a report which deck is invalid and stops without updating the decks and put them in the appropriate files like it used to do.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 31 Mar 2014, 04:24

Can you post your logs ?
stassy

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0