It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:43

Text Size

Convert decks to/from Manalink 3.0 .dck

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Convert decks to/from Manalink 3.0 .dck

Postby BlueTemplar » 06 Feb 2012, 20:04

I'm searching for a program to convert decks to/from the Manalink 3.0 .dck format.

So far I've only found MTG Studio, but despite what it says in the feature list, it seems missing many cards available in Manalink 2.0.

Otherwise is there a way to import the Manalink card database into any program like Magic Workstation? So that I don't have any selectable cards I won't be able to use in Manalink...
BlueTemplar

Re: Convert decks to/from Manalink 3.0 .dck

Postby CirothUngol » 07 Feb 2012, 01:29

I don't believe there is anything like this on the forums, but it sounds like a good idea. What deck format would probably be the most useful to convert, and where could I find some decks to look at? I did the PlayDeck Analyser right after Manalink 3.0 became available, but currently it only converts from one version of Manalink to another.

I just took a look at MtG Studio... nice! Although up until now (because of the 2,000 card limit) Manalink has had a floating pool of cards and 3-4 different versions/libraries, so I'm not sure how they'd determine which cards were available without parsing the dat/csv. That may very well change now that Manalink 3.0 has a static dat/csv for CardIDs.

I would think that one of the pay-for softwares would import Manalink's database, it's just a text file (Manalink.csv). Perhaps look for an option to "Import CSV" or something similar.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 07 Feb 2012, 03:50

A Forge conversion deck would be nice, considering the huge pool of deck/cards available (though there might be lot of rejected deck due to card not available in ML3)

Also it would be tedious because I don't think there is a program that can replace one card with another depending on availability.
stassy

Postby BlueTemplar » 07 Feb 2012, 16:59

Do you mean to automatically replace a card by another one that is similar in gameplay? I think this is best left to the player...

PlayDeck Analyser looks great, looks like I can just add any deck, give the cards phony CardID's, and if the card is in the Manalink database it will automatically match the right CardID to it... or show an error in the log if it isn't in the database.

The deck format the most useful to convert would be IMHO the Magic Workstation one, as it seems to me that it's the most widely used program (barring Magic Online?) (due to the MWS library + online play), and Manalink complements it nicely with it's AI.
Where to get MWS (and decks) : http://www.mwsgames.com/

I already searched for a way to import the Manalink database into MTG Studio, but didn't find anything:
http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3862
BlueTemplar

Postby BlueTemplar » 11 Feb 2012, 00:09

Vote here to Add Import Mana Link cards procedure to MTG Studio:
http://mtgstudio.uservoice.com/forums/1 ... -procedure
BlueTemplar

Return to ManaLink 3.0