It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:27

Text Size

Clarification Please

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Clarification Please

Postby Madfly » 26 Mar 2012, 23:15

Let me first extend my sincere gratitude to those that have kept this game alive. I actually started playing Magic when Beta was actually still Beta. In other words, I can remember cracking open boxes of MtG Beta packs. Oh if only I knew then what I know now...

Anyway, I was a huge fan of the original Microprose games and had hoped for years that someone would take on the task of updating it. So again, thank you for all of the hard work. I've been digging around the forums here for a couple of hours now and managed to get the 2009 version installed and running. However, I'm a little confused about what is available and applicable to the Microprose version of the game. If you would get me up to speed on these questions or direct me to an FAQ that I most likely missed, I would appreciate it.

1) When I see DOtP 2012, is this referring to an upgrade to the Microprose version or for the new WOtC version?

2) What is the difference between Manalink 2 and 3?

3) Is there any clear cut step by step process that starts from the beginning? A flow chart maybe? I keep coming up on instructions that have been superseded by other instructions which are located in different places?

4) How can I help?
Madfly

Re: Clarification Please

Postby stassy » 27 Mar 2012, 04:56

1)DotP 2012 is a version of Magic essentially dedicated to console audience even though a PC version exist but it's only considered as an "upgrade" because of his "sort of" campaign, else it's a complete different game and is not related in any way to Manalink.

2) There is now 2 different versions of the game :
- the ISO version which can run multiplayer but is limited to 2k cards which is a standalone and no longer supported
- the 3.0 version which can no longer run multiplayer but is no longer limited to 2k cards and is currently supported

3)Sure, here :
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6401
Then go to the patch section and download/update to the latest version which is Dark Ascension V2

4)If you don't know programming at all, you can report gameplay or card bugs in the Bug section
If you know programming like C++, you can read the wiki in order to code cards
If you know asm programming, you are the most wanted helper in the world :P
stassy

Re: Clarification Please

Postby Gargaroz » 10 Apr 2012, 13:15

If you're willing to code and know C, contact me ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Return to ManaLink 3.0